PDA

View Full Version : Mazda 3 GX Price, any good?

amit2000
10-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Hi,

Just went to the Mazda dealer, and got a on the road price for a Mazda 3 Sedan GX of $23,000 with Auto, A/C, and convenience package. The dealer only discounted $300 from the MSRP, is that a good price? I have read people getting near $1000 off. Know of any dealers out there who bargain with a good price? Can\'t wait to purchase the car!

Thanks

Dr Butcher
10-13-2004, 08:28 PM
It\'s hard to say any dealer gives the best prices on a consistent basis. Your best bet is to shop around and see who makes you the best offer. I had good luck with Gyro even though Morningside Mazda who is around the corner from my house, tried to rape me.

The 3 has been selling really well so even trying to find an \'04 sitting on the lot will be slim pickings. Spend a day, hit a few lots and see who gives you the best price. As long as you\'re satisfied with the final price, that\'s all that matters. :)

///M
10-13-2004, 08:50 PM
I\'d say $23000 is pretty steep for a GX. My Sport GT with moonroof, AC, everything cost just under $27000 OTR.

amit2000
10-13-2004, 10:32 PM
I thought so 2300 was not such a great deal, since that is close to the MSRP. I went to the dealer thinking I might be able to get it for $2200 or even under, since the guys over at Honda are giving me the Civic a good $2000 under MSRP. I will for sure check out Gyro and the other dealers around to get a good deal. I am sure there are members on the board who have purchased the GX model, wonder what kind of prices it went for.

Thanks

majic
10-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by amit2000

I thought so 2300 was not such a great deal, since that is close to the MSRP. I went to the dealer thinking I might be able to get it for $2200 or even under, since the guys over at Honda are giving me the Civic a good $2000 under MSRP. I will for sure check out Gyro and the other dealers around to get a good deal. I am sure there are members on the board who have purchased the GX model, wonder what kind of prices it went for.

Thanks

you do have to take into account that the mazda3 is selling before it even hits the dealers.. high demand.. low supply.. they can charge ppl 1K over MSRP and ppl would buy it (well if it was still priced lower than civis or other comparable vehicles) so anwyay.. it will be hard to get 1K off MSRP but it IS doable (i\'m talking before grad rebate) i\'m looking myself now too..

AfterBurner
10-14-2004, 02:07 PM
I got my GS with Power package for a little over $23000. And it was at Morningside Mazda. Just have to find the right guy and be firm in your price. Took three times going to his manager with the same price. haha. He earned his commission that day.

Indusbreed
10-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Got mine 05 GS with AC/ Auto for around 23K.