PDA

View Full Version : TM3 vs. M3F

firstmazda
10-15-2004, 12:59 AM
I just wanted to say how proud I am to be a member of such a great mature club.

I\'ve recently browsed through the M3F site on two occasions and found that though it\'s a great resource because of the much larger population, I found quite a few members (not most) but quite a few instances where people were rude, obnoxious, and degrading towards other members.

Even though people here tease each other, it\'s all in fun. And we may use a curse word in a phrase once in a while, but over there, people purposely cuss each other out, and call each other names, and simply hate on one another. (is this an American thing to do??)

So here\'s to the mods of this thread, and everyone else who keeps this an enjoyable,
civil place to share our passion for our cars!!

Ray

Melenium
10-15-2004, 01:38 AM
I second that... Even though I haven\'t got my car yet, this seems to be a very welcoming and warm community. I haven\'t even really checked out M3F since I\'ve been following stuff here. I\'m definately looking forward to putting faces to the names when I attend the first meet after I get my car :)

Cheers!

Edit: Fixed typo -- I\'ve gotten lazy on the keyboard recently ;)

Xenon
10-15-2004, 01:42 AM
One thing that our forum has an advantage over M3F is that everything we can relate to... it\'s all local.

We talk about Group Buys, Meets, Dealerships, It\'s all things we can all participate and relate to. Not to mention we are all talking Canadian Spec Cars.

In M3F, I once was arguing to someone about why he didn\'t have rain sensing wipers. little did he know that the US Spec and Canadian Spec cars are different.

Here when I say \"Rain Sensing Wipers are Awesome\" (other than the GX owners) everyone will know what I\'m talking about.

We get into details about dealerships that no other forum can get to simply because everything is local, and in driving distance.

I\'m very pleased with the success of our club. And I thank every member on this forum for contributing to it. The Members Make the Club. And Our Members are the best there is.

Moderator\'s edit: moved to Toronto Mazda3 Club

Melenium
10-15-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Xenon

One thing that our forum has an advantage over M3F is that everything we can relate to... it\'s all local.

A.k.a. \"I know where you live, so watch out\" ;)

Newlook
10-15-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Melenium

Other than the car we also talk about road conditions, red light camers, cops, rant about rush hour commute.... etc..... which help us to better bond together.

And better yet, we get to meet face to face and look at each other\'s car.

majic
10-15-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Newlook

Originally posted by Melenium

Other than the car we also talk about road conditions, red light camers, cops, rant about rush hour commute.... etc..... which help us to better bond together.

And better yet, we get to meet face to face and look at each other\'s car.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwww *group hug* :D

firstmazda
10-15-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by majic

as long as i\'m in between the girls!!

jimdragon8
10-15-2004, 01:17 PM
I agree with Xenon is saying, TM3 is better than M3F everything is local, if we describe what dealership is good or bad, we will all know where it is. I really do think that Americans are not as civilized as Canadians. (hope I didn\'t offend anyone, I have a cousin in New York) That\'s just my opinion. ;)

wtom
10-15-2004, 11:45 PM
I\'m practically 99% TM3 now... on the rare occasion I will log into M3F to check PM\'s and possible responses to my postings. Other than that, I don\'t have the free time to sift through their mass posts. :(

majic
10-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by firstmazda

Originally posted by majic

as long as i\'m in between the girls!!

it\'ll be hard.. i think we\'ve only got 4 on this board.. :) and they are all taken :( heh :p

majic
10-15-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by wtom

I\'m practically 99% TM3 now... on the rare occasion I will log into M3F to check PM\'s and possible responses to my postings. Other than that, I don\'t have the free time to sift through their mass posts. :(

yeah.. i post here only.. sometimes on msprotege.com but read the others when in need of some research.. but dang.. bluntman is all over all the forums like flies are all over poo ;)

miggiddy
10-16-2004, 09:46 AM
I can\'t even recall the last time I\'ve visited the M3F. TM3 is certainly home. *tear drop*

Newlook
10-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by miggiddy

I can\'t even recall the last time I\'ve visited the M3F. TM3 is certainly home. *tear drop*

*HOME SWEET HOME* http://www.msprotege.com/vbb225/images/smilies/grouphug.gif