PDA

View Full Version : 8000km Service

Hypothrml
10-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Hey guys,

I just try to book an appointment at Airport Mazda for my 8000km service maintance, I was told it would cost +$71. Meanwhile, my buddy did his at Prima Mazda in Woodbridge and was only charged $31 for the oil change and he got tire rotated and other inspection done for free.

I was wondering what some of you guys had paid for the service? Am I getting ripped, Flipspeed, how much does Avante charge for the 8000km service?

Thanx for the help!

midnightfxgt
10-15-2004, 10:30 AM
As far as I am concerned most of the 8000KM service is a ripoff. They do an oil change, check fluids, and rotate tires \"if necessary\". Here\'s what I did:

- Checked my own fluids
- Paid the dealer for an oil change
- Will have tires rotated at a tire shop for $10 flat lol

~JOHN

majic
10-15-2004, 10:40 AM
save 10 more by rotating them yourself :p

but i guess u\'d need an initial investment of some odd 60-80 bux for jackstands..

bluntman
10-15-2004, 10:47 AM
I paid $33 (after taxes) for a lube, oil and filter change at Avante Toronto this past Tuesday. I didn\'t ask for a tire rotation because as far as I\'m concerned, you don\'t need one so soon.

majic
10-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

I paid $33 (after taxes) for a lube

shoppers has these for 5bux i believe :D:p:D:p:D

midnightfxgt
10-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by majic

save 10 more by rotating them yourself :p

but i guess u\'d need an initial investment of some odd 60-80 bux for jackstands..

I have the jacks, and stands, but honestly, I am lazy, so $10, and I am in and out in like 5 mins :)

~JOHN

majic
10-15-2004, 11:06 AM
true.. it would prolly cost you more (timewise) than take it to a shop..

Newlook
10-15-2004, 12:01 PM
My 8K service done at Westowne - $56.40
I brought the car in at noon. It took me half an hr.

You don\'t need to do a tire rotation at 8000. I think the first rotation is 16,000.... check your owner\'s manual.

Hypothrml
10-15-2004, 12:39 PM
thanx for all the feedbacks.

midnightfxgt
10-15-2004, 12:41 PM
On the service brochure it says 8000 if needed. Tires can wear odd. I will rotate mine every 10K KM. My step father drives a lot (ie 200,000KM in 3yrs) and has used this method, and got over 100K on a set of crappy Firestones. :)

~JOHN

billyfo
10-15-2004, 05:05 PM
I also only paid around $35 at Avante, and only oil change.

fliuds, like others said, check your own.

tires rotation, while I\'ll have winter tires and I\'ll change them by myself.

Frost
10-15-2004, 05:29 PM
I recently had my 24k service done at Avante.
It cost me tax in just under $200! :(

Its been bothering me ever since I picked up my car a couple of days ago.

Is it me or does 200 for the 3rd maintenance seem a bit steep??

majic
10-15-2004, 05:43 PM
this is the service costs at achilles.. was it comparable? (i guess look at p5 service)

http://www.achillesmazda.ca/service/default.asp

MAZDA Kitten
10-15-2004, 07:37 PM
I got a brochure with my welcome package OIL CHANGE: $26.95

I\'ll rotate the tires on my own kthxbye

Gatekeeper
10-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Well I\'m up for the 8000km service in about another 2400km and they better damn well rotate my tires and give the car a basic inspection for free after spending over $20,000 for one of their products. Since I just did my oil change with Prima 2 day\'s ago (4 month interval), I don\'t see why they would need to change the oil again.

When I get the notice to go for the inspection, I\'m going to ask the service department if it will cost me anything, cuz if it does, I\'ll leave and do it myself. Like really, it takes no real effort to check your own fluids and rotate the tires if you\'re a do it yourselfer.

david3
10-15-2004, 10:32 PM
i doubt you will even need to rotate at 8000km. i think they just check at 8000km then make you pay more if you need them rotated.

MazdaTree
10-16-2004, 12:49 AM
mine was around 30ish @ prima for my 4000k service

my 8000k service im prolly gonna do this week

eguiyab
10-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Glad to know that I\'m not the only one feeling ripped off. At Markham Mazda.... 8K oil change.... $50+ bucks. Dont now what else they did really aside from an oil change that i asked for what got me was the bill stated.... from what I remember. $29.00 - oil change. 17.50 Labour. LABOUR isn\'t labour included in all oil changes. Since when was labour different charge in an oil change. I sure ain\'t paying labor for some guy to top up my washer fluid. Hell at first I sort of went with it.... First oil change, new dealership, first new car.... but then I went to Avante the other day.... 29.99 plus tax... all in.... thats what its supposed to be!!!!!! Hell if any dealership does service to my car aside from what I ask.. and know... IT BETTER BE FREE, cuz I sure as hell ain\'t paying for something i didn\'t ask for.

billyfo
10-16-2004, 07:17 AM
different dealerships may have different charges for the same job.

but for sure for $30 should include labour no matter which dealer you go to. You should go back to Markham Mazda and ask for why have double charge labour.

Levitated
10-18-2004, 09:23 AM
What is really involved in the 24K serivce?? Mine is going to be due in a few weeks and I really don\'t feel like paying close to $200 for what should only be an oil change.

Tire rotation I agree should be done, but what do you really need to do on a car that is only months old?

Sammy
10-20-2004, 11:23 AM
Man! I got ripped off too!! I paid over $70 for my 8000Km service at Avente in Richmond Hill.

FLIPDADY
10-20-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Sammy

Man! I got ripped off too!! I paid over $70 for my 8000Km service at Avente in Richmond Hill.
How did you get ripped off? Did you request the tires to be rotated? If you didn\'t tell the advisor that you didn\'t want the tires rotated then they would charge you for it because it\'s part of the 8km service. It says in the service inspection list what is done for every service.

Sammy
10-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Sorry, I should have used the word \"mislead\" instead of \"ripped off\". I asked for the 8000km service required to maintain my warranty. According to the guy at the service desk, it cost $70+ which included the tire rotation (sounds like all i needed was an oil change). So I guess I got what I paid for, in fact I was extremely happy with Avante\'s customer care and service. I would reccomend Avante to anybody for service.

FLIPDADY
10-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Hey Sammy, remember you\'re the customer. It\'s always good to ask questions when you\'re not 100% sure. Thanks for the props.

thegrez
10-31-2004, 07:47 PM
I paid around 33 bux fer an oil change/no tire rotation, I dont think that was out of line I was paying more than that fer my last car at the ford dealer and even the \"quick lube\" places around 30-35 in my area (this was at 8000kms)

JamesCL
01-10-2010, 01:29 PM
I just got my 24k service done it cost $215!!!!!and they called me and said i had to change my air filter and that would be another 30 on top of that, i said forget it ill do it myself.

why did i just pay 200 for an oil change and tire rotation/brake lube??????? thats insane, wow mazda sucks.

michaelm
01-10-2010, 02:10 PM
I just got my 24k service done it cost $215!!!!!and they called me and said i had to change my air filter and that would be another 30 on top of that, i said forget it ill do it myself.

why did i just pay 200 for an oil change and tire rotation/brake lube??????? thats insane, wow mazda sucks.

lol. You should've just asked for an oil change. Inspecting and topping up your own fluids is simple enough. As for the brake lube, I had mines done at a tire shop at a fraction of the cost the dealer was charging. Just remember to keep your receipts. I only go to the dealer if I had to have something major done.

JamesCL
01-10-2010, 02:38 PM
lol. You should've just asked for an oil change. Inspecting and topping up your own fluids is simple enough. As for the brake lube, I had mines done at a tire shop at a fraction of the cost the dealer was charging. Just remember to keep your receipts. I only go to the dealer if I had to have something major done.

They said it was a required maintenance?? obviously topping up my fluids is simple enough, but what did they charge me 215 for????? i feel ripped off.

michaelm
01-10-2010, 02:50 PM
lol more like recommended. You can have the service done at a shop for muchh cheaper. The dealer prob sucked you into getting the service done by them.

Zoom Zoom Boy
01-10-2010, 06:04 PM

You resurrected a 5 year old thread just to post this?

The price of the 24K service from Mazda is documented on here in countless threads and shouldn't be a surprise to anyone on this site who takes any of their time to research it.

Yes, the price is outrageous, but all dealer servicing pricing is outrageous, regardless of manufacturer, because they have huge overhead in cost and of course they have the rights to your warranty to try and scare people with.

If you want it done cheaper, then take it to a shop like Street Performance where it will be half the price, but you will need to go through the trouble of saving all of your receipts until the warranties expire in case you have an issue down the road.

mazdabetty
01-10-2010, 08:39 PM
They said it was a required maintenance?? obviously topping up my fluids is simple enough, but what did they charge me 215 for????? i feel ripped off.

It's probably the brake inspection/lubing.... I asked for a quote on my 96k service coming up and I was given $200. After I told them I wouldn't need brake inspection (had it done when my new brakes were installed) the quote was lowered to a little over $100.

It's a pretty important part of the servicing... but ridiculously expensive I agree. They should have given you a quote before moving ahead, don't you normally sign a paper with the full price on it for each servicing? Maybe that's just certain dealerships...

riceRocket
01-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Ask the dealership to give you a break down on the service charge next time. Its hard to say whether or not $70 is a rip off without seeing what went into the service. I usualy bring my own oil and filter, but an average oil change still costs me $35 (synthetic oil) + $11 (filter) + $20 (labour) = $66 ...

To me, it think, 8k, 12k, and 24k (to some degree, even the 36k) are a big rip off. But if you want any warranty work to be honored, you'll have to do it, either at the dealership or any licensed mechance. Just remember to keep any transaction history.

Charlie S
01-14-2010, 08:55 AM
I just clicked 3000 on mine and part of the deal when I purchased mine from Brampton Mazda, was a free 8000 km. service.

You always have to think ahead, dude !

Charlie.