PDA

View Full Version : Where to Buy? (ZZZzzzZZzz)

Broxn
10-15-2004, 07:19 PM
:zzz

Hello all! <---- New guy! Noobie Alert!
So sorry to ask this question but....... Where oh where would you guys recommend a fella buy a 3 ?
I\'ve been putting it off for about 10 months now..... Test drove them, Love \'em want one for my very own! I do expect to wait for them to shoot the cow to tan the leather and to sew it in the chairs. Time is no biggy but the right sales person who won\'t give me the run around is the key!
I spoke to one guy at Whitby (young smart mouth) So yeah...NO!
Ajax ?? Not sure.... I am willing to make the drive for the right sale and of course deal!
Oh yeah...can anyone PLEASE tell me what ALL the options are that are available to me?
I see ppl talking about NAV, MP3 , no heated seats etc.
I saw a link here with all the details on horsepower and brakes etc but I didn\'t see what options there are.
Thankyou all in advance
Noobguy (for now)

bluntman
10-15-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Mazfan

So sorry to ask this question but....... Where oh where would you guys recommend a fella buy a 3 ?
I\'ve been putting it off for about 10 months now..... Test drove them, Love \'em want one for my very own! I do expect to wait for them to shoot the cow to tan the leather and to sew it in the chairs. Time is no biggy but the right sales person who won\'t give me the run around is the key!
Ajax ?? Not sure.... I am willing to make the drive for the right sale and of course deal!
Oh yeah...can anyone PLEASE tell me what ALL the options are that are available to me?
I saw a link here with all the details on horsepower and brakes etc but I didn\'t see what options there are.
Thankyou all in advance
Noobguy (for now)

Welcome to the forums!

Check out this section (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/board.php?FID=8) of the forums for what dealers to see and which ones to avoid. Be warned, there\'s a lot of reading, but after a while you\'ll start seeing a pattern. In a nutshell, Avante (both locations), Achilles in Action and Westowne are a few of the standouts. Dealers should be willing to move 04 stock if they have any left, but who\'s to say about the 05\'s.

The navigation system is still not available up here, as well as the xenon, tire pressure and side airbag options. Essentially, the 04 and 05 option lists are identical so you can check out Mazda.ca (http://www.mazda.ca) for a full list.

What were you looking to get, a sport or a sedan? What trim level? What colour?

majic
10-15-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

Thankyou all in advance
Noobguy (for now)

Welcome to the forums!

Check out this section (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/board.php?FID=8) of the forums for what dealers to see and which ones to avoid. Be warned, there\'s a lot of reading, but after a while you\'ll start seeing a pattern. In a nutshell, Avante (both locations), Achilles in Action and Westowne are a few of the standouts. Dealers should be willing to move 04 stock if they have any left, but who\'s to say about the 05\'s.

The navigation system is still not available up here, as well as the xenon, tire pressure and side airbag options. Essentially, the 04 and 05 option lists are identical so you can check out Mazda.ca (http://www.mazda.ca) for a full list.

What were you looking to get, a sport or a sedan? What trim level? What colour?

@bluntman.. avante is know for excellent service.. can the same be said about sales? just worndering

@mazfan - a quick list of differences b/w US spec and CAN one.. (if would really be helpful if u\'d state u want a GX or GT b/c there\'s a HELLUVA difference)

anwyay..

US - xenons, tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS), side curtains, yellow colour, NAVI

CAN - AUTO daytime running lights (DRL), AUTO wipers

i think those are the only things that they ahve and we don\'t and vice versa.. MP# player and 6CD changer (OE) can be bought on both markets)

but yah.. best thing checkout mazda.ca and \'build your mazda\' you\'ll see options - the real options are: A/C, leather, moonroof, auto tranny.. rest fall under the accessories.. anwyay enjoy your stay and get ready to be abused :D j/k

and as bluntman said.. just read through that thread.. and the rest of the site (might take you a month ;) but u\'ll be up to speed :D

EDIT: Spelling

///M
10-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by majic

@bluntman.. avante is know for excellent service.. can the same be said about sales? just worndering

from my experience, unfortunately not

BETRTHNU
10-16-2004, 12:38 AM
Bought my 2005 WB GT Sedan from Gyro Mazda and it was an amazing experience...had to push a little to get the price I wanted plus a free spoiler, but all in all it was pleasant and professional. Even got free coupons for oil changes.

super_vixen
10-16-2004, 12:45 AM
I dealt with a young smart mouth at Whitby also, perhaps it was the same guy?

I wouldn\'t recommend any of the Durham dealers. I got my M3 from Ajax, and while I did get a good deal, I wasn\'t treated well during the process and so far not in the service dept either.

If you\'re willing to go into the city more, you probably have a better chance at being treated well.

Dr Butcher
10-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by BETRTHNU

Bought my 2005 WB GT Sedan from Gyro Mazda and it was an amazing experience...had to push a little to get the price I wanted plus a free spoiler, but all in all it was pleasant and professional. Even got free coupons for oil changes.

I bought mine from Gyro as well and have nothing but positive things to say about them. The area is usually pretty busy and trying to get onto Laird can be a pain in traffic, but the people there are top notch. I got a great deal on the price but I didn\'t get any oil changes or extras. You\'re lucky there...

Broxn
10-17-2004, 10:25 AM
:)
Thanyou all for your input... Very Helpful... Sad how you have to leave smaller towns to go to the \"city\" to get a deal and good treatment?!

So far I am looking (and the abrev words I am new too so I wont pretend like WB)
A sedan with leather , roof , GFX (now that alone puts you into the 17\" tires right?)
Whatever that package is anyhow, with the titanium grey met paint, (i\'d like to learn more about the home link option ) Whats the dif between the 2 spoilers anyhow? A big one? Is there anywhere you can actually see these options? Like the air dam and the door Switch?
Thanks
I \'ll get back to the rest I guess....
Ty
Mazfan

Dr Butcher
10-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Whats the dif between the 2 spoilers anyhow? A big one? Is there anywhere you can actually see these options?

Raised

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/527000-527999/527465_54_full.jpg

Lip

http://www.nxtiak.com/lipspoiler3.jpg

mEtH
10-17-2004, 01:27 PM
I bought mnie in hamilton at Mountain Mazda. My sister is friends with the owner and he is a really nice guy. All in all I got a great deal with some added accessories thrown in. Very nice man to deal and you can be very up front with him and he will do his best to help you, even give you some advice on how to approach somethings (ex. insurance).

Only problem was that it is kinda out of most people\'s way being up in hamilton.

Places most people say they wouldn\'t go are, Erin Mills Mazda, Ontario Mazda, Markham Mazda, and i\'m sure the list goes on. Stick with Avante and I am sure you will be treated better that any of those others.

***EDIT - just don\'t want people quoting me***

Xenon
10-17-2004, 02:29 PM
I have a personal preference to Westowne Mazda (although Avante is an excellent dealership as well, it\'s too far for me).

Service and staff there are friendly and knowledgeable.

Indusbreed
10-17-2004, 03:41 PM
I have a personal preference to Westowne Mazda (although Avante is an excellent dealership as well, it\'s too far for me).

I can second that. I was referred by someone to meet DOMINICK there. Excellant guy, very funny. No hassles as i have all the options laid out and i was out of the dealer ship in 35 mins.( Including the 15 mins Test Drive).

Melenium
10-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Off topic, but Dr Butcher, that Sunburst Orange with the raised spoiler just made me think twice about the TiGrey I\'m getting. Damn that looks sweet! *drool*

Xenon
10-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Melenium

Off topic, but Dr Butcher, that Sunburst Orange with the raised spoiler just made me think twice about the TiGrey I\'m getting. Damn that looks sweet! *drool*

Note that Sunset Orange is a Sport only colour as of 2005.

Melenium
10-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

Yeah.. It was a tough choice for me between the Sunset Orange and the TiGrey. I happen to like orange quite a bit, and its heck of an attention grabber (both a good and not so good thing). What finally made me go for the TiGrey though was that it probably will be a bit easier to keep clean looking, especially in winter. Also, its less likely to fade than the orange and it may be easier to sell down the road (unfortunately not everyone likes orange). If I could get 2 Mazda3s, that would definately be the second :D

Xenon
10-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

I actually jsut wanted to point out that unless you got a hold of an 04, you wouldn\'t have a sunset orange with a raised spoiler...

3 Hatchbacks don\'t have raised spoilers.

BETRTHNU
10-17-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Dr Butcher

Originally posted by BETRTHNU

I bought mine from Gyro as well and have nothing but positive things to say about them. The area is usually pretty busy and trying to get onto Laird can be a pain in traffic, but the people there are top notch. I got a great deal on the price but I didn\'t get any oil changes or extras. You\'re lucky there...

Who did you buy yours from? I bought mine from Mohammed, but talked to Nick who was the Greek guy next door...he was the one who threw in the extra oil change tickets...The spoiler I had to earn on my own...I went at the end of the month which I think helped since Sales Managers want to get as many last second sales to send their numbers to Mazda Canada. I should have held out for a free tint, but that was asking much...lol:p Also you are right about the location it sucks bigtime, but its only 5 minutes from my house...

BETRTHNU
10-17-2004, 06:55 PM
(and the abrev words I am new too so I wont pretend like WB)

Sorry WB=Winning Blue (colour of my car)

Dr Butcher
10-17-2004, 07:55 PM
I went straight to the top and dealt with JP Kovac the GM of Gyro. I had dealt with him in the past and he was excellent. I had troubles with another dealer so I went to him and he sorted me out right away. I don\'t know exactly how the deal worked on their side but I assume any comission went to one of the sales guys. He\'s been excellent whenever I\'ve gone to see him. I haven\'t heard anything negative about their service department which is a plus. I think I\'m going to stick with them for my first few services and see how things go.

Broxn
10-17-2004, 10:12 PM
BETRTHNU TY 4 wb....
That orange looks great!... but I think I\'ll stick to TiGrey (<---Look @ me usingabrev!!) lol
I really like the raised more than the lip tho... Has anyone got any info on the rear view mirror and the home link?

What about the hood dam? anyone seen one?

Has anyoone tried to get a Navi for here? Is it at all possible it has to be.... e-bay?

Ty
Mazfan

Broxn
10-17-2004, 10:15 PM
Ohh.. yeah

I was talking to some guy @ Mountain mazda ... last name with a \"p\" He talked me right thru a 3 and into an Rx8..... LOL ... lil too steep for moi.

Melenium
10-17-2004, 10:33 PM
Has anyone got any info on the rear view mirror and the home link?

What about the hood dam? anyone seen one?

Has anyoone tried to get a Navi for here? Is it at all possible it has to be.... e-bay?

Last I heard, the rearview mirror with homelink doesn\'t work up here in Canada because thats where the sensor is for the auto-wipers and auto-lights. I suppose if you\'re willing to give them up, then you can get the mirror.

As for the onboard navigation, its only available in the US..