PDA

View Full Version : Mazda3 vs Audi A8L

Melenium
10-17-2004, 04:23 PM
While eating breakfast/lunch today I was flipping through the Wheels section of the Star and came across this article. Its from yesterdays paper (Oct 16), pg G29.. or I scanned in the page and you can read it here (http://gonka.com/mazda3/mz3_vs_a8.jpg).

Warning: its a 300k file. Your browser may scale it to fit on the screen, so zoom it (I left it at a fairly large size -- 600 px wide, and its long).

Xenon
10-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Oh that\'s too funny....

Another reason to put the Mazda3 on the top of the bang-for-the-buck list.

Melenium
10-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Hell yeah.. and quite honestly, I think its better looking than the Audi! ;)

I really wonder what the competiton is going to do to compete in the coming years?

Xenon
10-17-2004, 05:22 PM
All I have to say: I think the Honda Civic is screwed... Particularily the SiR Hatch... They better come up with something better...

2005 Honda Civic SiR:
Equipped with Optional:
Carbon Fibre Dash Kit
Security Alarm
17\" Rims
Front Skirt
Side Skirt
Rear Skirt
Foglights
Tailgate Spoiler

2004 Mazda3 Sport GT
NOTE ALL ARE STANDARD on a Sport GT:
Carbon Fibre Dash Kit
Security Alarm
17\" Rims
Front Skirt
Side Skirt
Rear Skirt
Foglights
Tailgate Spoiler

Not to mention that the Mazda3 Sport matches horsepower (both have 160 HP), and has more toque (150 vs. 132) than the SiR... And IMO, the Mazda3 Looks way better...

I think Honda has a serious problem with the Mazda3. No wonder I\'ve hardly seen any SiR Drivers on the road. They are all driving 3\'s.

Melenium
10-17-2004, 05:32 PM
hmm.. I didn\'t realize that the sport came with rear and front skirts... cool :)

But yeah, since Honda took the SiR from the coupe and made it that crappy hatchback, I\'ve been really bitter. The coupe was a decent car for its time. Then when they released the HB version I went to look and was sooo disappointed. For one thing there was no space in it (and I\'m not a tall/big guy at all), the location of the shifter was terrible (on the dash??), very bland, Civic interior, no rear legroom at all, very small trunk, and just all around ugly! Its like they took the old low end civic HB, and did a few touch ups, put in a better engine and doubled the price. And whats with the Dijon Mustard color? Bluh!

A few years ago I took out the mid-range Civic for a test drive for fun and on some hills it felt like I\'d be better off to open the door, get out and push the car. I\'m really not a fan of the Civic anymore ;) The Accord coupe is nice though, as is the Acura TSX and come somewhat similarly equipped, but cost and arm&leg more.

Xenon
10-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Melenium

hmm.. I didn\'t realize that the sport came with rear and front skirts... cool :)

All Mazda3 Sports come with the equivilent of the sedan GFX Package, ie. Sporty front and rear bumpers and side stills. Sport GTs get the 17\".

///M
10-17-2004, 05:55 PM
The front and rear skirts are optional!! I had to pay about $400 to get my front lip!

majic
10-17-2004, 06:00 PM
i thought they were standard on the hatches? did you get the aero flares like bluntman? that would explain the extra cost.. also does the GS (hatch) come w/o them???

Xenon
10-17-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by autoexe

The front and rear skirts are optional!! I had to pay about $400 to get my front lip!

Those are flares.... if you look at the Euro or Japan spec Mazda3 GS, they do not have the sporty bumpers or side stills.

I don\'t consider the flares skirts. They are just additional mouldings.

wtom
10-17-2004, 11:34 PM
anyone email wheels@thestar.com or yap@mac.com about TorontoMazda3.com?

Xenon
10-18-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by wtom

i did... I asked them to post Meet #6 in the paper.

We should have a listing there...

torpedo20
10-23-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

And guess what? I read today\'s Wheels section and the ad was there (it\'s on G36 page) ;)

Would be fun to meet up you guys once I get my 3

Xenon
10-24-2004, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by torpedo20

And guess what? I read today\'s Wheels section and the ad was there (it\'s on G36 page) ;)

Yay! I was beginning to think they wouldn\'t do it (I didn\'t recieve any reply to my email to the Star)

majic
10-24-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by torpedo20

i missed the paper.. what did it say??? anyone got a scan?

bluntman
10-24-2004, 05:17 PM
http://ca.geocities.com/alegardo@rogers.com/star.jpg

But again...

http://ca.geocities.com/alegardo@rogers.com/offtopic.gif

majic
10-24-2004, 05:22 PM
niiiiiiice.. thx..

u\'r getting good with posting of the signs.. hmm maybe u need to make it bigger so that we get the point :p