PDA

View Full Version : Zoom zoom Boom 2007 Speed3

chochobeelai
08-24-2015, 09:30 AM
So I was driving on the highway last Friday and my engine decided to kaboom on me :(

Long story short, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post on but where is the best place or does anyone know where I can get a used Speed3 engine?

Thanks!

staax
08-24-2015, 09:35 AM
Car-part.com

Search based on distance.

chochobeelai
08-24-2015, 09:40 AM
Thanks a lot!

Car-part.com

Search based on distance.

chochobeelai
08-24-2015, 09:44 AM
Another question, Does anyone know if it is a direct swap for a 2010+ Speed3 engine to the Gen 1 Speed3s?

Mr Wilson
08-24-2015, 10:10 AM
Pretty much, a few of the ancillaries are different, but you just unbolt them off your blown motor and put on the new (used) engine.

chochobeelai
08-24-2015, 10:15 AM
Pretty much, a few of the ancillaries are different, but you just unbolt them off your blown motor and put on the new (used) engine.

What about the exhaust? I mean the 2nd gen speed3 has that dual exhaust system, does it require different connectors?

Mr Wilson
08-24-2015, 10:27 AM
Unrelated to engine, but the cat backs differ between the Gens, otherwise same stuff (ex mani, turbo, downpipe).

chochobeelai
08-24-2015, 10:30 AM
Ok thanks. I'm just doing a little research as I am not sure if my mechanic knows the differences between the Gens and so I can have a talk with him once we figure out what is available out t here in terms of engines.

Unrelated to engine, but the cat backs differ between the Gens, otherwise same stuff (ex mani, turbo, downpipe).

Mr Wilson
08-24-2015, 10:36 AM
I think it's only the top harness and power steering pumps that differ between the two that you'll have to switch over.

Edit: Oh and the Gen 1 motor has a cartridge style oil filter not spin on (not really a big deal, can get the spin on adapter or just use gen 1 filters).

chochobeelai
08-24-2015, 10:42 AM
OK thanks again. Looks like it may cost me a pretty penny to get this fixed :( I didn't see too many speed3 engines on the below site and the ones that are listed have really high KM with the exception of the 2010 engine.

I think it's only the top harness and power steering pumps that differ between the two that you'll have to switch over.

Edit: Oh and the Gen 1 motor has a cartridge style oil filter not spin on (not really a big deal, can get the spin on adapter or just use gen 1 filters).