PDA

View Full Version : ausie spec SP23 badge..

majic
10-24-2004, 10:14 PM
what do you guys think? i like it b/c it\'s not an axela and it\'s just different.. although red on red might not be the best.. hmmm

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2496802087

I e-mailed the guy

You asked:
\"hello.. do you ship to canada at all? if so how much? how long would it take? also, do u have more of those badges or could u get more? and is it possible at al to get it shipped via a cheaper method. thank you --majic\"

Yes, same price, 4-6 working days. How many do you want?

daaaamn.. 24bux (USD) shipping??? and the dude is in canada.. (i think) so after all that 60bux cad for a badge.. and what if it is from US .. duties and all? unless sent as a gift.. i dunno.. anyone seen it cheaper?

maybe i\'ll get it later on..

mEtH
10-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Hes in australia, I must say they are quite far. :p

Xenon
10-24-2004, 10:38 PM
Somthing tells me that an SP23 is the same as a GT with GFX/Sport GT....

Is there really a difference?

Xenon
10-24-2004, 10:54 PM
After some research....

I have come to the conclusion that comparing the GT w/GFX and SP23m they are basically the same but the SP23 has these advantages:

Auto Climate Control (Not Available in Canada Anyways)
Outside Temperature Gauge (Not Available in Canada Anyways)
In-Dash 6-Disc CD Player
Coloured cloth door trim (like the seats)
Fold down centre arm rest in centre seat in the rear (Not Available in Canada Anyways)
Aluminum Door Stills (Not Available in Canada Anyways)
Side Airbags
Left Mirror Convex Style (vs. Flat)
Xenon Headlights (Not Available in Canada Anyways)

And has these Disadvantages:
Doesn\'t have the 2 tweeters that our GT\'s have
No Rain-Sensing Wipers
No Auto-Headlight

One thing should be noted: Only the SP23 has the 2.3L engine all other cars have the 2.0L. So essencially SP23 = GT.

swales
10-25-2004, 08:06 AM
In the U.S SP23= Special Edition. The new Special Edition 3\'s that will be for sale in the US will have the SP23 badge instead of the 2.3

majic
10-25-2004, 08:22 AM
blah blah blah.. what? i just want the badge not the whole car :D

anyone know where i can get it cheaper? :p

bluntman
10-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Give it time, at least until the Special Editions become available through the US dealers.

swales
10-25-2004, 08:54 AM
blah blah blah.. what? i just want the badge not the whole car

blah..blah..blah to you too :p I was just giving some info not suggesting you buy the car :sarc

mEtH
10-25-2004, 08:54 AM
that costs about the same to get an axela badge, CHEAP SKATE!!!! :p

majic
10-25-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by swales
Give it time, at least until the Special Editions become available through the US dealers.

yeah that\'s what i\'m hoping for.. so prolly i\'ll get my dad to go to a dealer in NJ and get me the emblem and then ship it via snail mail.. heh.. i\'m in no rush..

Originally posted by swales

blah blah blah.. what? i just want the badge not the whole car

blah..blah..blah to you too :p I was just giving some info not suggesting you buy the car :sarc

:D :D :D all good.. thx tho

Originally posted by methodyst
that costs about the same to get an axela badge, CHEAP SKATE!!!!

i know.. i am a cheap ass ;)

RedRaptor
10-25-2004, 09:31 AM
I think the problem with the SP23 badge right now is the fact that you are advertising your car as the \"Special Edition\" in the US, but when you don\'t have half of their new features. This could be parallel to putting a MazdaSpeed emblem on your car, but not that extreme. The badges do look nice but if the US badge is the same \"SP23\" logo as the Aussie spec, then when other Mazda3 drivers see your car, they will know you don\'t have the SP23 (Special Edition US) since its not available here.

Having said all this, it is YOUR car and you can put whatever you want on it.:hoho

majic
10-25-2004, 09:43 AM
ooo ic... lol and i am an advocate of NOT putting a mazdaspeed sticker if u ain\'t got the parts to back it up..

so now i see where Xenon and swales were going with this ;)

sorry guys.. i agree with you.. hmm maybe no sp23 after all.. maybe i\'ll just use the 23 portion of it ;) :D since i will have a 2.3L engine..

RedRaptor
10-25-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by majic
sorry guys.. i agree with you.. hmm maybe no sp23 after all.. maybe i\'ll just use the 23 portion of it ;) :D since i will have a 2.3L engine..

Glad you see what we are trying to say. Thats a great idea, but I think the red lettering on a red car will be a little hard to see. I personally think you will love the 2.3 chrome emblems since they look great on blue or red paint.

Majic, don\'t spend money on badges. Use the money for things like rust protection, clear hood protection, window tints, Mazda pedals, stubby antenna and etc. For example, I think a stubby antenna makes your car look much better than a emblem ever would. At the end when you\'ve upgraded everything and you have money burning in your pockets, then worry about the emblems.

majic
10-25-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

Originally posted by majic

Glad you see what we are trying to say. Thats a great idea, but I think the red lettering on a red car will be a little hard to see. I personally think you will love the 2.3 chrome emblems since they look great on blue or red paint.

Majic, don\'t spend money on badges. Use the money for things like rust protection, clear hood protection, window tints, Mazda pedals, stubby antenna and etc. For example, I think a stubby antenna makes your car look much better than a emblem ever would. At the end when you\'ve upgraded everything and you have money burning in your pockets, then worry about the emblems.

yeah i agree.. it would be red on red.. nothing spectacular.. just liked the shape.. anwyay.. maybe someone with a black mazda3 will like the 23 portion of it? this forum is about sharing no? :D

i figured if i can spend 10bux or so i\'d be game (on an emblem)

i\'m saving for a turbo :p oir a SC.. and i\'m getting tints and clear bra as soon as i drive off the lot... also i was looking at the stubbies.. but i really don\'t wnat to sacrifice the radio \'performance\' so i\'ll have to talke to a few of you who did get the stubby and see the results .. also there are so many to choose from oy.. :p