PDA

View Full Version : One of Each

Xenon
10-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Please name the following:

1) ONE feature that you love most about our cars.
2) ONE feature that you hate most about our cars. (Cannot be something that is available on other international 3 Models... Please be specific to Canadian Spec)
3) ONE feature that you wish our cars had. (Can be anything realistic, including features on international 3\'s that are not available in Canada)

Feel Free to give reasons why...

---

For me:

1) Rain Sensing Wipers. Who would of thunk it? Rain Sensing wipers on a <$30K car?!?
2) This is going to sound really small, but I wish our sun visors had some sort of band on them to hold stuff
3) Auto Climate Control. I really wish we had that feature. It would fill the void in that right 1/3 of our display, and it would keep the cabin nice and comfy without fiddling with controls. We have Auto Headlights, Auto Wipers... Why not Auto Climate?!?

snipe
10-26-2004, 09:36 PM
1) Tiptronic. I\'m lazy but I like to have fun once in a while. (Yeah yeah, I know it\'s not real manual, but it\'s still fun. My next car has to have paddle shifters on the steering wheel. I hate taking my hands of the wheel.)

2) The sedan doesn\'t have a trunk release on the key fob.

3) Auto Climate Control. In the morning when it\'s cold, the car warms up but then I gotta play with the knobs when it gets too hot. Too annyoing and I can never find the comfortable spot.

bluntman
10-26-2004, 10:12 PM
1) LED tail lights :p

2) Need more power and torque (is that one or two?)

3) Side airbags and HID lights. Airbags for safety reasons and HID lights because that feature is usually reserved (up here anyway) for cars in higher price brackets.

chaser
10-26-2004, 11:19 PM
1) the zoOM zoOM effect :D
2) Auto Wipers - Yes, I know it sounds COOL that a less than 30K car has an auto wipers. But mine doesn\'t really work according to the amount of waterdrop on the windshield :( I don\'t hate it but i think the non-rain-sensing one will do a better job
3) HID - Installing aftermarket HID is not un-doable but resolving the DRL issue is a panic ... maybe even Mazda can\'t figure out how to do it ... yet??:sarc

///M
10-27-2004, 12:18 AM
1.) LED Taillights :hoho
2.) rear deck on sedan is too short...if it were longer I would buy a sedan
3.) needs a 6spd and turbo :D

RedRaptor
10-27-2004, 12:50 AM
1) Auto Wipers & Auto Lights (Saw a BMW 5 Series pass under the bridge in front me, and boom, its full headlights went on, so did mine. I felt special.)
2) No outside temperature gauge (Toyota Matrix has them)
3) OEM HIDs with full warranty (So we don\'t have to go the aftermarket route worry about DRLs and etc).

Dr Butcher
10-27-2004, 12:50 AM
1. Bang for the buck. Zippy, stylish, sporty, and saves the buyer money over its competitors.

2. Don\'t know why gauge display and tail lights differ over trim levels. Why do clear tail lights come on a GT when the GS and GX models get red? It\'s no more expensive to mould clear or red plastic. Same with the gauges, GS, GX, red, GT\'s red & blue. Whatever.

3. HID\'s would be a nice feature. Suprisingly, it comes with many options as standard that you have to pay for in other vehicles. Not too many complaints here.

AfterBurner
10-27-2004, 10:01 AM
1. The Interior Trim: It has the most refined interior of any car in its class (and even above). Everybody who has sat inside has always commented about how nice the interior is. It\'s got a lot of room inside for a small car.:D

2. No remote trunk release on the key fob or handle to lift the trunk on the sedan. It would be nice if the trunk was spring loaded so that it would open after you unlock it.:(

3. Remote Trunk Release on the key fob. I actually like the red rear lights as opposed to the clear ones.

Honestly those are minor inconveniences that I put for the sake of putting something.

bDeE
10-27-2004, 03:49 PM
1 ) Bang for buck. You get a lot more tangibles and intangibles with a mazda 3 compared to its competition, civic, sentra, matrix etc... GO MAZDA ! :D

2) Cant replace head unit w/out making it look out of place :( ...yet...are there any console kits out yet???

3) HIDs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wtom
10-27-2004, 03:57 PM
1) Aww, only one feature? That\'s tough... so much to love about our cars... but if I had to choose one, then yes, Rain-Sensing Wipers.
2) Hate the ease of scuffing the interior ... console, door - upper arm rest, back door speaker area, the door sills where some ppl scuff with their feet when entering/exiting...
3) Wish we had the trunk release on the key fob

billyfo
10-27-2004, 05:39 PM
1) short throw 5 sp
2) brake and gas pedals too close
3) GPS system

jimdragon8
10-28-2004, 06:54 PM
1) As many of you have said, the \"bang for the buck\" is great. The way the car looks (interior and exterior), the power it has for under $30K. My first 5 spd manual car so that\'s a bonus.

2) Although we have rain sensing wipers, I don\'t think the wipers are that great, it leaves alot of streaks when it wipes and blurs vision. I am already fearing winter and the wipers not doing their job, going to Canadian tire to invest in the teflon wipers.

3) I think 18\" wheels would look awesome on this car just like the Golf GTI, it would give it that much more in looks.

miggiddy
10-29-2004, 10:28 AM
1. It\'s damn sexy looks. ;)

2. At hwy cruising speed (120kph) rpm is well over 3k (M5 2.3) Which leads me to point number 3.

3. A 6th gear would be nice

Black3
10-29-2004, 04:59 PM
1 - car looks way better than similar classed vehicles inside and out.
2 - only 1 thing? well first the tiptronic(or whatever its called) sucks ass, if you want standard than buy it. also centre console could be different to allow more freedom of movement. auto climate control would be nice. Auto trany also sucks.
3. V6 power.

bubba1983
11-12-2004, 05:07 PM
1- auto light feature (i found myself driving my fathers vehicle the other night and neglected to turn on my headlights....i\'m accustomed to auto lights now)
2- rain sensing wipers (basically...i hate wipers in general...tested otu the rain sensing feature...ugh...it bugs me, no intermittent..spelling?)
3- HID\'s......(trunk release on key fob would be sweet...even your junk GM\'s have it LOL)

hotgo
11-12-2004, 05:16 PM
1. Interior styling
2. Missing outside temperature display... the damn spot is right there in the LCD panel... how much could it have cost to include it???
3. A 6th gear for the highway

FLIPDADY
11-13-2004, 11:47 AM
1.The exterior styling of the car. Very eye-catching on the streets.

2.The tires that came with the car. (I don\'t need to elaborate on this issue)

3. Overhead DVD system. I\'ve got 2 kids and they like to watch Disney DVD\'s.:D

Airman Jack
11-16-2004, 10:58 AM
1. LOVE the way she handles!! a.k.a. the Zoom Zoom factor I suppose

2. I\'m always a sucker for more power... a nice turbo would probably push the HP numbers upwards of 240 without too much strain...

3. A monstrously tuned up Mazdaspeed edition, so I can drool over it and continue to not be able to afford it... much like the RX8...

Titanum-3
11-20-2004, 10:00 PM
1. Like most people, the Zoom Zoom factor. The 160hp is almost a perfect match.

2. The rain sensing wipers. I see I am not the only one thinking that they do not work 100%. I find most of the time they either go to fast or too slow.

3. Rear centre armrest. This was one thing I thought they would have because all of the pre release photos always had the rear centre armrest. It’s just a small detail that I assumed would be there and would be nice.

ng3
11-25-2004, 10:36 AM
1. Bang for the buck... This car is definately worth the money... My girlfriend\'s brother ended up getting a \'02 Cavalier for about the same money I paid for mine (GS Auto AC) and it\'s a manual with no A/C... He is kicking himself now cause he went to 5 year financing and he is over warranty kms...

Also love the heated mirrors

2. NO ABS ON GS (Unless you get the Sport package) and GX models... Can\'t wait for freezing rain and black ice

3. Climate controls like Australian models

Ron
12-14-2004, 07:35 PM
1) ONE feature that you love most about our cars: Manual shift Mode, I want the thrill of driving a standard without the pain of driving it in traffic.

2) ONE feature that you hate most about our cars: let me get back to you on this one

3) ONE feature that you wish our cars had: Heated steering wheel. That leather wrapped wheel gets really cold in the mornings

S.F.W.
12-14-2004, 11:07 PM
Heated steering wheel would be great. My car was oustside all day at work, got in at the end of the day and my hands were frozen.

zRqTz
12-15-2004, 10:33 PM
1) ONE feature that you love most about our cars --- sleek interior
2) ONE feature that you hate most about our cars --- antenna
3) ONE feature that you wish our cars had --- heated seats

VeRmiLLioN
12-20-2004, 10:45 PM
1. Interior look
2. Rear look
3. Heated Seats - leather is cold!

dinu01
12-29-2004, 12:21 PM
1. The extensive engineering (huge powerful disc brakes w/4W EBFD, short throw 5spd, rear suspension setup, lively engine (yes, even the 2.0 is good, although the 2.3L is SWEET!) with good torque, all add up to a world-class car, unlike the competition which only sells in North America in their respective trims.

2. Rain-sensing wipers - even on the max setting in auto mode trhey don\'t wipe fast enough, unless you\'re in a rain storm. On the same page, the wiper blades/arms are horrible!!! I\'m waiting for new wiper arms now...

3. The outside temp display would have been so nice, but what I would have liked is this: 2.3L manual, the seats from the gx/gs models (no tacky red/blue inserts) or leather as a stand-alone option, 17\" alloys, sunroof, red tail lights and NO GFX package!!! basically the mechanical and \"luxury\" advantages of the GT model without the \"hey look at me I have clear lights and side skirts\" of the GFX package.

I still like my GS w/sport, but #3 would have been the ideal car.

al01
01-01-2005, 01:50 PM
1.) auto lights and wipers , those r cool for a car less than 30k

2.) NO XENON?~?~? or HID?!?? come on.

3.) XENON or HID, or some heated seats

Nick
11-15-2007, 11:09 PM
1) the comfort, having everything so close and slick is sweet
2) yea...i agree, no dead pedal
3) trunk release fo sho! =]

MikeyGT
11-21-2007, 01:14 PM
1) The head and tail lights. They're black instead of the silvery color on most cars ... ><
2) the crappy paint ... it chips off to easily
3) No Nav sys.. >< should have at least an option for the 3.

dumpbear
11-23-2007, 10:06 AM
1) Auto-wipers, Auto-lights and my new favorite, Auto-dimming mirror (this thing is wicked!) The side mirror LEDs look trick too.
2) Stupid ass OEM Ipod interface. Must have been designed by muppets.
3) OEM Nav and HIDs

dentinger
11-23-2007, 11:22 PM
1) i love how i was able to buy a brand new car, without that 'rental car' interior look.
2) how the bumper is slightly off colour, and how my car is silver, but has black/grey primer under it. wtf? why not use white primer?
3) seats like on the newer jetta's. you pump the one handle, and the seat raises up, pump the handle the other way, seat goes down.

1flycdnM3
11-24-2007, 01:05 AM
1) handling - like a dream compared to other cars on the market
2) wipers - I hate the auto-setting being too rapid with the light drizzle and the actual blades I have replaced 3 times (free under warranty ofcourse), but a hassle nonetheless
3) Have to agree with HID's because now that I have them I will NEVER go back :)

whiteomega
12-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Like: auto lights/wipers
Dislike: no interior trunk release; hatch release is in a terrible place
Wish: 6-speed

SilentJay
12-04-2007, 09:06 AM
1) Heated seats/Mirrors. Mmmm...
2) Craptastic fuel mileage from a 2.3L
3) A sweet 2.0T engine similar to the Audi... Mmm...

I need some breakfast.

dentinger
12-04-2007, 09:16 AM
on second thought, i dont like how the foot warmers are angeld. it blows on your shins.
it would be much better if it was angled down more to blow warm air onto my feet. my jeans just block most of the heat....

mogul_pro
01-14-2008, 09:58 PM
1) fuel economy, features vs price (value)
2) horible body roll (sorta solved that with hotchkis sways and vibrant strut).
3) nav system.

sunnyhomeboy
01-15-2008, 04:16 PM
auto wipers is wicked...for me at least...the old man drove it in to a car wash wif it on...and the right side wiper handle is bent now :(

x_o_k_x
03-13-2008, 09:44 PM
1) ONE feature that you love most about our cars --->>auto lights, auto wipers, projectors, looks, sporty could go on forever!
2) ONE feature that you hate most about our cars --->> speakers.. should make an option for Bose
3) ONE feature that you wish our cars had --->> Navigation, what happend to that?? I seen some factory car have them, but not here.

Dave_The_BMXER
04-08-2008, 11:33 PM
auto wipers is wicked...for me at least...the old man drove it in to a car wash wif it on...and the right side wiper handle is bent now :(

Oh man I never thought of that...

1) 60/40 Rear seat, I can fit more bikes/people than any of my previous vehicles
2) The auto wipers never seem to go the speed I need, to fast in drizzle, to slow in down pour
3) Aux input on 04's