PDA

View Full Version : Round Two

wtom
10-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Quoting from my online blog;

I got my Mazda3!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap I really hurt the clutch on my original 3 cuz this new clutch is so much better... it doesn\'t feel soft... it just sticks and goes! Now I really know never to let a stick-newbie drive my car ever... hehehehe...

Avante Mazda seriously is a great dealership. They gave me a bottle of wine after everything was said and done. Also got the free touch-up paint (hopefully never need to use it). The odometer only read 6km whereas taking delivery of my original 3 from MM, the number was like 17km.

I got back to work around 1:30pm I think... nice feeling looking at the ownership and it has MY name on it! In about a week I\'ll get the insurance policy also with MY name on it... it\'ll be a bittersweet feeling.

Doubt she\'ll be reading this but Christine, AKA Saphress, thanks a million to give my contact info to Jeff at Avante Mazda, Richmond Hill. The guy deserves full respect! The other dude, can\'t remember his title, but he went over everything about the car with me, named Dave, did a lot more than my sales guy from MM did during the customer-inspection... he deserves full respect too (Dave)!

I placed the order with Jeff last Thursday (21st) and everything was finalized the same day. The first time him and I talked was last Monday (18th). On that Monday he had already told me there were THREE cars matching my exact specs. We talked over pricing and the final deal was $27,282.99 OTR. This was BETTER than what X-plan would give me. It was also $50 less than what I originally had (pre-trade-in) OTR originally.

Boy it\'s good to be back in my manual shifting Mazda3... :D

EDIT: 2.4% financing since I\'m a repeat customer with Mazda financing LOL and yes I\'ve picked up the car already... :)

EDIT2: Does any image show up in my sig? Or is it red X?

majic
10-26-2004, 10:30 PM
SWEET!!! and more props to avante!!!

EDIT.. so umm.. u already picked it up? yoy.. LUCKY!!

Newlook
10-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Blue Blazer reborn! ;)

Sounds like you got everything over with... insurance and stuff... Congrads!

bluntman
10-26-2004, 10:51 PM
It\'s good to hear that you\'re back in the driver\'s seat. Don\'t wait too long to get that HID system installed!

chaser
10-26-2004, 10:56 PM
On that Monday he had already told me there were THREE cars matching my exact specs. We talked over pricing and the final deal was $27,282.99 OTR.

Cheers:)

So, did you get a 04 model or 05? And what options/packages you\'ve added?

FLIPDADY
10-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Alright Warren!! So you weren\'t allowed to salvage any spare parts of your old car? You dealt with Avante for your second 3?

Dr Butcher
10-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Alright Warren!! So you weren\'t allowed to salvage any spare parts of your old car?

:p http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=867 :p

I\'d have gone for everything that wasn\'t bolted down, then I\'d start on everything that was. Permission or not. ;)

Good job Man! That was a pretty quick turn around, all things considered.

bubba1983
10-27-2004, 01:58 PM
I think that i can say this on almost everybody\'s Behalf here...Warren....Welcome to the club, erm, i mean, welcome BACK to teh club!! hahah

Melenium
10-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Congrats man! Increadible that you were able to get a new one so fast. May this one bring you many years of joy :)

mEtH
10-27-2004, 09:05 PM
AEM gonna be in for saturday? :D oh and what about those HIDS?

///M
10-28-2004, 12:10 AM
Congrats!!!

Get those mods on! ;)

Xenon
10-28-2004, 12:43 AM
Bah... i knew he got his car.... but he told me to keep quiet about it... he was going to SURPRISE everyone....

So much for that idea :p

bluntman
10-28-2004, 08:18 AM
Hmm, he told you to keep it quiet but goes on and blabs about it himself. I guess we know who not to tell any secrets to! :D

In fact, he even puts it in a BLOG! :sarc

bDeE
10-28-2004, 09:22 AM
congrats!! and welcome back dude.

Hypothrml
10-28-2004, 09:35 AM
Welcome back Mr. Carter! Congrats man!

wtom
10-28-2004, 09:50 AM
Thanks all!

EDIT: As for mods, haven\'t even received the CAI yet, let alone the exhaust :( HID\'s ... haven\'t had time for them yet and I really think I will need 01AWW18T (?) to help me out cuz I am not too comfortable installing them now... and cash tight... I\'m leaving the country for a couple weeks during X\'Mas and New Years... :(

MajesticBlueNTO
10-28-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Hypothrml

Welcome back Mr. Carter! Congrats man!

isn\'t it \"Welcome Back, Kotter\"?

horshack: mr. kotteeer :D

BETRTHNU
10-28-2004, 11:19 AM
Congrats man...I\'m still waiting for mine and its killing me to drive my parents auto civic all the time....:(

Saphress
10-28-2004, 08:38 PM
Hay!!! Sorry I didn\'t read this sooner.... This first week is killing me (waking up at 5:50am part).... Oye... anyway, I\'m happy to read that you got your car! :D Wooohooo!!!!! Hehehee.... And it wasn\'t a problem.... Its great to know yer back on the road again.... I can see a twin drivin around the area ;) NEIGHBOUR!

billyfo
10-28-2004, 08:56 PM
welcome back Warren w/ the 3:hoho

wtom
11-01-2004, 11:37 AM
Thanks again boys and girls!

Any word, BETRTHNU? It\'s first week of November! Keep haggling them for YOUR car... :)

Saphress... yes gotta meet up for lunch some time! Let\'s compete to see who\'s blue is dirtier haha...

Saphress
11-01-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by wtom

Any word, BETRTHNU? It\'s first week of November! Keep haggling them for YOUR car... :)

Saphress... yes gotta meet up for lunch some time! Let\'s compete to see who\'s blue is dirtier haha...

(laugh) Yeah man... BUT!!!!!... TD\'s got me on a pretty tight leash right now. sched breaks at random times... and lunch is 45 minutes and its a bitch to even find a parkin space. :P BWahahaHAHa ... sometime we\'ll chill... Right now my car is pretty dirty... but I\'m gonna give my baby a nice sponge bath this weekend rain or shine... or FREEEEZING cold

wtom
11-02-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Saphress

(laugh) Yeah man... BUT!!!!!... TD\'s got me on a pretty tight leash right now. sched breaks at random times... and lunch is 45 minutes and its a bitch to even find a parkin space. :P BWahahaHAHa ... sometime we\'ll chill... Right now my car is pretty dirty... but I\'m gonna give my baby a nice sponge bath this weekend rain or shine... or FREEEEZING cold

I was just about to go to sleep soon... you just HAD to mention \"sponge bath\" and \"freezing cold\" in the same sentence eh???? Now I ain\'t gonna get a nights\' sleep... it\'ll be a good night but not a nights\' sleep... :D

j/k

No probs on meeting up for lunch, just let me know whenever you are out of the orientation period (if ever?)... my car is quite dirty too... met MajesticBlueN today whom noticed my car in the parkade instantly and parked right beside me haha...

NOTE: Tim Horton\'s are being real jack arses... they flippin yelled at my gf while she was trying to study while waiting for me to pick her up!!!!!!! WTF is that... she had a drink and some food... what more do they want???? Damn plicks... BTW this is the Don Mills and Steeles location... I\'ve heard the Woodbine and Apple Creek (north of Hwy7) location blows chunks too.

BETRTHNU
11-02-2004, 01:59 AM

No word yet...I called gyro mazda and they said most likely thursday. i\'m off them huge at this point. I want my car damn it!

BETRTHNU
11-02-2004, 02:01 AM
(laugh) Yeah man... BUT!!!!!... TD\'s got me on a pretty tight leash right now. sched breaks at random times...

Which TD do you work at? I\'m at branch 241 in the don mills centre parking lot...

Melenium
11-02-2004, 02:01 AM

NOTE: Tim Horton\'s are being real jack arses... they flippin yelled at my gf while she was trying to study while waiting for me to pick her up!!!!!!! WTF is that... she had a drink and some food... what more do they want???? Damn plicks... BTW this is the Don Mills and Steeles location... I\'ve heard the Woodbine and Apple Creek (north of Hwy7) location blows chunks too.

Hehe.. it all depends which Tim\'s you goto. The one at Shops & Steeles has been largely a geriatric joint, so they can get fairly picky. The one that I know best for studying at is 16th and Bayview. John & Woodbine usually isn\'t too bad either, but sometimes gets a bit loud & busy.

wtom
11-02-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by BETRTHNU

No word yet...I called gyro mazda and they said most likely thursday. i\'m off them huge at this point. I want my car damn it!

Just gotta keep waiting, nothing really you can do to push them to get you the car faster. I went thru this BS for my first 3... went from a verbal agreement of 3 to 4 weeks to 2 months before I got my car. HOPEFULLY you don\'t have the runaround for that length of time... :)

Melenium ah yes, there is indeed a seniors home in that area I believe (Don Mills & Steeles). I\'m not gonna complain here about Timmie\'s locations... already feel like I went overboard with my first rant here... :p

Saphress
11-12-2004, 04:14 PM

I was just about to go to sleep soon... you just HAD to mention \"sponge bath\" and \"freezing cold\" in the same sentence eh???? Now I ain\'t gonna get a nights\' sleep... it\'ll be a good night but not a nights\' sleep... :D

j/k

No probs on meeting up for lunch, just let me know whenever you are out of the orientation period (if ever?)... my car is quite dirty too... met MajesticBlueN today whom noticed my car in the parkade instantly and parked right beside me haha...

(laugh)... Yeah sponge bath...... and waxed it.... my bum slips off the hood nicely! (laugh).... Oh cool! (laugh) Yeah lunch eventually...... we\'ll hafta see.... I got another 2 weeks worth of day shifts ... WHOOT! and then off to night shifts... BOOOOO

Ouch... Well it is a Tim Horton\'s.... what do they expect?

Saphress
11-12-2004, 04:18 PM

Maaaaaaaaaaan... I wasn\'t impressed by Gyro... Grrrrrrrr... :P... my boyfriend lives right around the corner from there

Saphress
11-12-2004, 04:19 PM

(laugh) Yeah man... BUT!!!!!... TD\'s got me on a pretty tight leash right now. sched breaks at random times...

Which TD do you work at? I\'m at branch 241 in the don mills centre parking lot...

I used to work at the TD in Pickering 1802.... but now am at the Fraud Dept .... :P Fun fun :P

bubba1983
11-12-2004, 04:59 PM

[quote
(laugh)... Yeah sponge bath...... and waxed it.... my bum slips off the hood nicely! (laugh).... Oh cool! (laugh) Yeah lunch eventually...... we\'ll hafta see.... I got another 2 weeks worth of day shifts ... WHOOT! and then off to night shifts... BOOOOO

Ouch... Well it is a Tim Horton\'s.... what do they expect?

did somebody say Bum?!?!?!?!?

Saphress
11-14-2004, 05:56 PM
yes I said bum:sarc