PDA

View Full Version : reprogram 6 spd auto?

gofast
09-15-2015, 06:17 PM
I regret buying the base model when I purchased my 2015 Mazda 3 because to the auto transmission. Now I know this transmission is geared towards economy but I hate the way it short shifts all the time. It's really sluggish around town. I know I could self shift but since everything is computer programmed these days I wonder if the transmission could be reprogrammed to hold itself in each gear longer like the sport model is capable of.

gofast
09-19-2015, 09:28 AM
I regret buying the base model when I purchased my 2015 Mazda 3 because to the auto transmission. Now I know this transmission is geared towards economy but I hate the way it short shifts all the time. It's really sluggish around town. I know I could self shift but since everything is computer programmed these days I wonder if the transmission could be reprogrammed to hold itself in each gear longer like the sport model is capable of.

Nobody has an answer?

Reddie1337
09-19-2015, 10:30 AM
Honestly, the car will learn how you drive, if you drive it hard for a while, it will learn that way, and leave the car in the gear longer for more power around town.

Its ok, the 2015 in a manual will also tell you to shift at 2000 RPM with its shift indicator, and if you don't shift at that one, it will tell you to go to the next gear at an even higher RPM.

gofast
10-02-2015, 08:07 PM
SOLVED.......Here's what I learned. I took my car in for something unrelated and they gave me a loaner, the exact same model as mine. Well, the loaner was way more peppy than my car. It stayed in the gears longer and shifted where it should, not fast to shift up like mine. I went back to service and told them. They said hmmm...let me check for any updates to your car. Well, there was an update that they downloaded and installed into my car.
What a difference!! I now have the car I should have had from the start and what I expected from a Mazda. Anyone that has a similar issue, ask the service manager to make sure all the updates are installed on your car.