PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Skyactiv 3 squeaking

Mazduh
10-09-2015, 10:55 AM
Anyone have issues with their 6-spd 3 skyactiv Squeaking upon letting the clutch out, and upon first start up? I really noticed this yesterday after a trip to Mississauga. Engine seems to be really sloppy now when letting off the throttle when in gear.

CarLadyLisa
10-09-2015, 11:14 AM
Anyone have issues with their 6-spd 3 skyactiv Squeaking upon letting the clutch out, and upon first start up? I really noticed this yesterday after a trip to Mississauga. Engine seems to be really sloppy now when letting off the throttle when in gear.

If you hear a consistent squeak noise coming from the engine...when switching gears. You may notice it a great deal going through a drive thru. They tend to enhance sounds for some odd reason. Maybe because you actually turn your music down...Anyhow if you notice it consistently squeaks like that it could be an engine mount. Had one replaced under TSB on my leased 3. Sound may go away and come back intermittently until it gets a little worse and thus easier to diagnose.

Mazduh
10-09-2015, 11:35 AM
If you hear a consistent squeak noise coming from the engine...when switching gears. You may notice it a great deal going through a drive thru. They tend to enhance sounds for some odd reason. Maybe because you actually turn your music down...Anyhow if you notice it consistently squeaks like that it could be an engine mount. Had one replaced under TSB on my leased 3. Sound may go away and come back intermittently until it gets a little worse and thus easier to diagnose.

It's really only noticed when taking off from a stop. Once the engine torques. Hugely noticeable on the driver side of the vehicle. I'm thinking Trans mount, but was looking for some input.

Booter22
10-09-2015, 01:27 PM
It's really only noticed when taking off from a stop. Once the engine torques. Hugely noticeable on the driver side of the vehicle. I'm thinking Trans mount, but was looking for some input.

I had my driver side trans top mount needed to be retorqued. could be something that's going to start happening. I have had my lower done with almost every oil change.

Mazduh
10-09-2015, 01:41 PM
I had my driver side trans top mount needed to be retorqued. could be something that's going to start happening. I have had my lower done with almost every oil change.

Well that's reassuring lol

Booter22
10-10-2015, 12:22 PM
Well that's reassuring lol

well my car has 122 000km and before I left mazda I had them replace all mounts under warranty so maybe it has 30 000km on it now. so its possible the bolts backed a bit but either way its driving nice now.

sarujo
10-12-2015, 09:21 PM
I hope Mazda stopped using the garbage Ford mounts after going to the Gen 3 and SKY. The gen 1 and gen 2 factory mounts were/are terrible.

2010 here with 2.0L 5MT. Replaced my trans mount at the 90,000k mark - had a squeeking noise when the motor first start and turned over/jerked. Sounds went away after replacing.

Mazduh
10-13-2015, 09:39 AM
I hope Mazda stopped using the garbage Ford mounts after going to the Gen 3 and SKY. The gen 1 and gen 2 factory mounts were/are terrible.

2010 here with 2.0L 5MT. Replaced my trans mount at the 90,000k mark - had a squeeking noise when the motor first start and turned over/jerked. Sounds went away after replacing.

That's exactly what I'm experiencing at times. Looks like I'll be looking into a tranny mount. It doesn't happen all the time, more after a long drive when it's really hot. I've got 115,000kms on it now.

Booter22
10-13-2015, 12:20 PM
That's exactly what I'm experiencing at times. Looks like I'll be looking into a tranny mount. It doesn't happen all the time, more after a long drive when it's really hot. I've got 115,000kms on it now.

just take the battery and tray out and check the bolts. they could be a bit loose. torque then down to about 100ftlbs and giver a spin

sarujo
10-13-2015, 09:56 PM
I had Jimmy check the torque and re-tighten which did not resolve it. After replacing the mount it was fine again. The old mount did not display any physical signs of damage or deterioration like those one sees from Gen 1's (design different on the gen 2's as well), so must have been been something internal with the mount.

Manual trannies also harder on mounts I guess...