PDA

View Full Version : GT sedan trim

firstmazda
11-01-2004, 04:43 AM
Just wunderin....

Is the GFX pkg automatically tacked on to the GT sedan?
How can you tell if a sedan is a GX/GS/GT if it dosen\'t have the sport pkg?

ie.
wheels, front grille, tail lights, body moulding, etc.

bluntman
11-01-2004, 08:20 AM
Red tail lights (my guess).

majic
11-01-2004, 09:50 AM
from www.mazda.ca website

17\" wheels
Sporty bumpers
Side sills extension
Body coloured front grille
Power glass moonroof
Sporty fog lights
No front mud guards (whereas models other than gt+gfx get them)

I believe that the clear lights are on all GTs (i think it\'s safe to assume if you\'ve got a 2.3L engine u got clears).. and also i believe that 90% ppl who get GT (sedan) get the GFX pkg

miggiddy
11-01-2004, 01:05 PM
GT\'s have oval foglights if you don\'t purchase the GFX package.

Xenon
11-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by firstmazda

How can you tell if a sedan is a GX/GS/GT if it dosen\'t have the sport pkg?

GX = Hub caps (Black door handles)
GX w/Sport Pkg. = 15\" rims (body colour door handles)
GS = 15\" rims
GS w/CP = 15\" rims, but power door locks, mirrors
GS w/SP = Requires CP, 16\" rims
GT = 16\" Rims, looks just like a GS w/SP, but an 04 model should have a 2.3 badge on it
GT w/GFX = 17\" rims and all that other stuff majic listed.

miggiddy
11-01-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

GT = 16\" Rims, looks just like a GS w/SP, but an 04 model should have a 2.3 badge on it

My GT is the stealth or covert version since it does not have the 2.3, missing since day 1 :)

keving
11-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Hi, i\'m new to this forum and i\'d like to try and answer your question.

No, the GFX package is not automatically tacked onto the GT sedan. I got a GT sedan myself without the GFX package, and it\'s just as good. However there are a few notable differences...

- the front grill is not the body-coloured horizontal slats, it\'s the (IMO) ugly black plastic one with holes, the one from the lower GS and GX models... i want to switch it out asap
- the housing/whatever-you-call-that-thing-that-holds-the-foglights of the foglights is slightly different, you get black plastic instead of body-coloured slats, kinda like the grille, but less noticeable so i don\'t really mind it.
- the taillights are different. They are completely red. The turn signal and brake lights are red, and the housing and plastic are red too. They are unlike the clear plastic housing and red+yellow taillights that come with most of the mazda3\'s you see on the road. The red taillights are the same as the ones in the lower models.
- no 2.3 badge? i don\'t understand why we don\'t get a 2.3 badge just because we didn\'t order GFX. Maybe i can pester avante to give me one.
- of course, no moonroof.
- door sills? there are other not as noticeable differences too i think. i just listed the most noticeable ones to me.

Personally, I wouldn\'t spend the extra $1000 for the gfx package, as i\'m a university student trying to pay my tuition. The only gripe i have is with the front grille. THey made it look really cheap. I *must* find a way to replace that grille soon. However, if you got an extra 1k to spend, i\'d definately buy the one with the gfx version. If you don\'t have it, it just looks like you got the cheapest mazda3 out there.

-kev

firstmazda
11-04-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by keving

...If you don\'t have it(GFX), it just looks like you got the cheapest mazda3 out there.

-kev

hehehe aka a \'sleeper\'
nice:D

Ray
p.s.
thanks for the info

MajesticBlueNTO
11-04-2004, 02:59 AM

Personally, I wouldn\'t spend the extra $1000 for the gfx package, as i\'m a university student trying to pay my tuition. The only gripe i have is with the front grille. THey made it look really cheap. I *must* find a way to replace that grille soon. However, if you got an extra 1k to spend, i\'d definately buy the one with the gfx version. If you don\'t have it, it just looks like you got the cheapest mazda3 out there.

-kev

you do realize that you\'ll be spending anywhere from 10% to 30% of the $1000 that you didn\'t want to pay in getting the GFX grille+paint :p

depending on if you financed your vehicle, the $1000 is an extra $15 to $30/month ...chump change for a university student that can afford a new vehicle :hoho

FLIPDADY
11-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Don\'t forget the GT non-GFX also has a carbon fiber like dash insert as well.

keving
11-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Yeah your right MajesticBlueN. Actually I didn\'t realize that the non-GFX package had the black plastic grille instead of the body coloured one. I thought that because i bought the GT, it would come with a nicer grille ahhahaha tha\'ts my bad, i\'m stupid. Anyways i thought i could afford a couple year\'s worth of gas with an extra $1000, so i decided to skimp.:p

miggiddy
11-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Bluntman (I think it\'s him) installed the base gs/gx dash trim on his. it looks good.

Xenon
11-04-2004, 09:12 PM
IMHO,

The extra $1000 for the GFX Package (or the extra $1200 from a Sport GS to Sport GT) is quite a bargain for what you get...

Since I have a Sport, I would like to point out the following additional features you get with a Sport GT vs. Sport GS... for only $1200 More:

Steering Wheel Cruise Controls
2 Tweeters on the doors
Rear Spoiler
17\" rims
Power Mirrors
Alarm System
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel & Gearchift
Moon roof becomes an option
Leather Seats become an option

I think the 17\" rims, cruise control and Power Mirros make up for the $1200 already.

miggiddy
11-04-2004, 11:23 PM
I have to admit the gs hatches look odd without the rear spoiler. I think it finishes the car nicely.

Zaku_4
01-17-2005, 02:51 AM
Rear Spoiler

thats prolly the one thing i really hate about my car. lol the spoiler sits on an angle, so in those touhless washes the thing enver gets inside the thing ><!%^@#*^$@#

haha maybe itsjust me

MAZDA Kitten
01-19-2005, 08:47 PM

IMHO,

The extra $1000 for the GFX Package (or the extra $1200 from a Sport GS to Sport GT) is quite a bargain for what you get...

Since I have a Sport, I would like to point out the following additional features you get with a Sport GT vs. Sport GS... for only $1200 More:

Steering Wheel Cruise Controls
2 Tweeters on the doors
Rear Spoiler
17\" rims
Power Mirrors
Alarm System
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel & Gearchift
Moon roof becomes an option
Leather Seats become an option

I think the 17\" rims, cruise control and Power Mirros make up for the $1200 already.

Absolutely I agree. Compared with other manufactures you\'d have to dish out money on even two different packages. Or with with Volkswagen you get the so called \'luxury\' package for $1500 in which case you get a moonroof and it moves your 14\" steelies to ugly ass 15\" rims :sarc

It was very had to pass up the GFX package...

S.F.W.
01-20-2005, 12:36 AM
I tried and tired to pass up the GFX package. In the end I just could not do it, so I caved and spent the $, very pleased I did.:D

Xenon
01-23-2005, 07:46 PM

- no 2.3 badge? i don\'t understand why we don\'t get a 2.3 badge just because we didn\'t order GFX. Maybe i can pester avante to give me one.

You get a 2.3 badge whether or not you have the GFX package. But for 05, they make it a dealer installed option (ie. They don\'t come with it from the factory).

MAZDA Kitten
01-24-2005, 10:01 AM

You get a 2.3 badge whether or not you have the GFX package. But for 05, they make it a dealer installed option (ie. They don\'t come with it from the factory).

Mine 04 (July 04 build date) didnt come with 2.3 badges either. I dropped by the dealership one night and he just handed them to me no questions asked. When I went for an oil change they put them on for me so now I have an extra set kicking around :hoho

wongpres
01-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten
Mine 04 (July 04 build date) didnt come with 2.3 badges either. I dropped by the dealership one night and he just handed them to me no questions asked. When I went for an oil change they put them on for me so now I have an extra set kicking around :hoho

At the oil change, did they ask you if you wanted the 2.3l badge installed or did they just do it without asking?

MajesticBlueNTO
01-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by wongpres

At the oil change, did they ask you if you wanted the 2.3l badge installed or did they just do it without asking?

they did mine without asking...which i removed 2 days later.

///M
01-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Mine came with 2.3 badges but I took them off along with the side moldings. JDM look. ;)

MAZDA Kitten
01-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by wongpres

They did I even mentioned it to them that I have the badges that I was given earlier in the centre cup holder compartment but I guess they chose to disregard that information

lukel90
01-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Having a sport gs, i now regret not gettting the Sport GT. i know its the same car, all i want it to put the spoiler on the back of my hatch to clean things up a little. as for the 17\" rims, i prefer 16\'s, their lighter. i never ever ever use cruise control, and the leather wrapped steering wheel feels nice, but i can live without it. Now i just need to find the spoiler on ebay or something .lol. the two tweeters are pointless to me. i changed the every speaker anyway. but if i had to do it all over again, i would get the GT. But its too late now.

thr33scompany
02-22-2005, 03:03 PM
The only thing i regret with the sport gs is that we don\'t get the heated mirrors. when it rains... the water just beads up on the mirrors... my one pet peeve.:(

Shat2
03-21-2005, 04:02 AM
i have a GS sedan with Sport package too.. i wish i bought the GT I WANT THE 2.3 L ENGINE! >< sigh

cookie
04-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Yeah if you go and ask them for the 2.3 emblem they\'ll give it to you. Well that\'s how I got it. But I didn\'t stick it on my car. I want to take all those emblems off actually. GX also has black door handles. I actually went in to buy the GX and ended up leaving with the GT sports package. I\'m glad I did too (*^_^*)V.

civiclad
04-19-2005, 11:36 AM
For the additional $$$ the GT was worth it. I\'m happy that I purchased the GT with the GFX option.

jimdragon8
04-21-2005, 09:25 AM
I agree with Civiclad, I always take a look at 3\'s that go by and when one is GT with GFX it looks sportier (I guess that\'s the purpose of that trim). It has a more aggressive look then other trims!! But I guess my opinion is also biased since I also have the GT with GFX;)

Illmatic
04-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Definitely have to agree about the GT with GFX package. When I purchased my 3 I never even considered not getting the GFX package. I just think it finishes off the car nicely! The only major decision I had was whether to get the leather interior or not.

maldini
05-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Don\'t forget the GT non-GFX also has a carbon fiber like dash insert as well.

Is there any difference in the dash board material that is used in the GT without GFX and GT with GFX?

flast65
07-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Hi Guys,

I\'m hoping to purchase a GT this week. I\'ve been to a few dealerships and have read several postings from this group and have yet to get a definitive answer to this question:

Does the Mazda3 GT (*no* GFX package) come with the red covered tail lights like the GX and GS or does it come with (much sexier) clear tail lights?

For some reason even the saleguys don\'t seem to know the answer to this question.

Thanks in advance.

majic
07-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by flast65

Hi Guys,

I\'m hoping to purchase a GT this week. I\'ve been to a few dealerships and have read several postings from this group and have yet to get a definitive answer to this question:

Does the Mazda3 GT (*no* GFX package) come with the red covered tail lights like the GX and GS or does it come with (much sexier) clear tail lights?

For some reason even the saleguys don\'t seem to know the answer to this question.

Thanks in advance.

the answer to your question lies on the first page of THIS post where you asked.. read closer next time

lookie here (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=901&page=1#12175)

jdanielsg
08-24-2005, 09:08 AM
I got my GT recently: If i remmember correctly the back lights arent all red, but I\'d have to look again.. I know the inner back lights.. the ones that light up when u hit the brakes.. or whatever when your headlights r on.. those r red.. but the outtter ones where the signals r if i remmeber correctly they r clear.. I\'d have to look at it again... its parked downtown now..I\'ll go see later..

But if they r not. where do I get them changed? N how much would it likely cost me?

Also the 2.3 badge.. if they wanna charge me for it how much am I likely to pay ?

FLIPDADY
08-24-2005, 11:40 AM
The GT-GFX tails will cost you about $430 for the set. As for the 2.3 badges they\'ll cost about $10 each.

jdanielsg
08-24-2005, 12:14 PM

The GT-GFX tails will cost you about $430 for the set. As for the 2.3 badges they\'ll cost about $10 each.

THANKS for the info.

jdanielsg
08-26-2005, 04:32 AM

Do you think I could trade my almost new tails in somewhere or sell it to someone ? Is $430 installed ? Is that the best you can do ?

As for the badges i asked in another thread but i\'ll ask again hehe.. i just got my car from ur place a week ago.. before i was really on the forums anyways... could u hook me up with the badges for free? considering.... i just got it n all that :)

FLIPDADY
08-26-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by jdanielsg

Do you think I could trade my almost new tails in somewhere or sell it to someone ? Is $430 installed ? Is that the best you can do ?

As for the badges i asked in another thread but i\'ll ask again hehe.. i just got my car from ur place a week ago.. before i was really on the forums anyways... could u hook me up with the badges for free? considering.... i just got it n all that :)
That\'s the best I can do for the tails. I would keep your red tails just in case a mishap were to happen.

For the badges though I can\'t give them to you for free b/c we ran out of the 04 giveaway ones that Mazda head office sent out. Maybe you can sweet talk your salesman.

jdanielsg
08-26-2005, 09:38 AM

That\'s the best I can do for the tails. I would keep your red tails just in case a mishap were to happen.

For the badges though I can\'t give them to you for free b/c we ran out of the 04 giveaway ones that Mazda head office sent out. Maybe you can sweet talk your salesman.

Do you guys have any instock right now ?

FLIPDADY
08-26-2005, 12:07 PM

Do you guys have any instock right now ?

Come and get em!