PDA

View Full Version : TM3 Meet #7

Xenon
11-01-2004, 12:26 PM
Toronto Mazda3 Official Car Meet Announcement

Toronto Mazda3 Car Meet #7
Kennedy Commons, Scarborough (Kennedy Rd., just south of Hwy. 401)
Saturday, November 27, 2004
4:00 PM

Notes:
Westside Pre-Meet will be planned for one hour prior to commencing the official meet. More details on the pre-meet are available here (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=905). All are welcome to attend.
This will be the last Official Meet of 2004.

Schedule of Events:
3:00 PM - Westside Pre-Meet, AMC Courtney Park, Mississauga
3:15 PM - Westside Pre-Meet Departs for kennedy Commons, Scarborough
4:00 PM - Westside joins up with Eastside for the Official Meet
?:?? PM - Cruise Departs from Kennedy Commons, Scarborough

Reminders:
Bring your camera(s)! (Still and Video!)
Bring an FRS Handheld Communications Radio if you have one. It will be useful during the cruises.
Please Bring a printed sheet of paper with your Real Name; TM3 Handle; Make, Model & Trim of your car; and any mods done to the vehicle.
TM3 Toques (Batch #2) will be distributed at this meet.

Location Information:
Meet location is in the southwest end of the parking lot, West of TD Bank. This is the same location as Meets #3 and #5.

Airman Jack
11-02-2004, 09:16 AM
woo hoo! I can make this one! it\'s 2 days before I leave for Winterpeg for winter survival...*shiver*...that\'s gonna suck....:p

wtom
11-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Airman Jack

woo hoo! I can make this one! it\'s 2 days before I leave for Winterpeg for winter survival...*shiver*...that\'s gonna suck....:p

Nice, another newb to initiate! :D j/k!
What\'s the specs on your baby?

thegrez
11-02-2004, 04:39 PM
this is cool I just joined recently and figured that all the meets were done fer this year...thats good i can make it and meet some of ya in person.....I\'m comin from hamilton so do i meet with the westside peeps? and if so where do they meet before the meet:D

oops i missed the westside pre-meet info \"HERE\" i got it now:sarc

AfterBurner
11-02-2004, 05:27 PM
I postponed my heart surgery to make place for the meet. J/K of course.:D :D

I will finally be able to attend a full meet this time and I will bring my tricked-out stock Mazda3 with dual tissue boxes.:D

majic
11-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by AfterBurner

I will finally be able to attend a full meet this time and I will bring my tricked-out stock Mazda3 with dual tissue boxes.:D

sweeet... i hope to have mine by then and i\'ll try to outdo you with 3 boxes ;) maybe one in each headrest as well.. and i\'ll make them light up... BOOOOOOOYAAAAAA

AfterBurner
11-03-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by majic

Originally posted by AfterBurner

sweeet... i hope to have mine by then and i\'ll try to outdo you with 3 boxes ;) maybe one in each headrest as well.. and i\'ll make them light up... BOOOOOOOYAAAAAA

Bring it boi! I am almost completed my custom Purel Hand Sanitizer dispenser that is colour matched to my car. Basically I took duct tape (standard colour is TiGrey) and taped the bottle to my car.

As for the tissue boxes I am planning a gold tissue box holder mod so I can fit in with my Malvern brethren.

bluntman
11-03-2004, 11:01 AM
What about a matching gold crown air freshener?

majic
11-03-2004, 12:03 PM
damn.. u beat me..

*reverts back to stock* - the car he doesn\t own yet ;)

AfterBurner
11-03-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

What about a matching gold crown air freshener?

I was looking at some the other day but the salesguy told me they were specifically designed for early model Accords and won\'t fit in my 3.:( :sarc

majic
11-03-2004, 12:12 PM
it will fit in your glove box perfectly.. out-of-sight-stealthy-crown :D

I think b/w the tire and the pavement is another good mounting spot.. ;)

Airman Jack
11-03-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by wtom
Nice, another newb to initiate! :D j/k!
What\'s the specs on your baby?

\'04 Orange GT, got her in January, and almost 24000km already :) (I like to drive!)

bug
11-03-2004, 02:31 PM
please somebody locate the meet location with this:
http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/
and give me the url

Xenon
11-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by bug

please somebody locate the meet location with this:
http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/
and give me the url

Please read this thread (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=887). All instructions are already there... there is no need to post more URLs and Maps.

bug
11-03-2004, 02:40 PM
what if after i entend to use driving directions from quebec to there?

Xenon
11-03-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by bug

From Quebec, find your way to Highway 401 (Not too sure where along the quebec border you are entering Ontario) and follow directions posted in the above thread.

You may also want to use MapQuest.ca (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?bCTsettings=1) for driving directions

Addresses for the meet location is:
Kennedy Commons
33 William Kitchen Rd.
Scarborough, ON M1P 5B7

billyfo
11-03-2004, 06:10 PM
so we\'ll have another province member for the 1st time, WELCOME!!!

billyfo
11-03-2004, 06:22 PM
and should we start looking some bigger place for our future meet? for 20+ cars, we are short of space for car group photo:D

Xenon
11-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by billyfo

and should we start looking some bigger place for our future meet? for 20+ cars, we are short of space for car group photo:D

AMC Courtney park has a more than large enough parking lot. We can always move into the back lot (where Meet #6 photos were taken) if we require more space.

Kennedy Commons, we can always fill that line of cars (where we usually meet) and usually the centre area of that same lot is open to us. So far it has been. I think if ToyotaNation can fit in that lot, the Toronto Mazda3 Car CLub should be able to.

Newlook
11-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by bug

Are you from Montreal? Take Highway 20 west, it turns into the 401 west once you cross the Quebec/Ontario border.

bug
11-03-2004, 11:15 PM
thx for the info

Distance: 486.9 km Approximate Travel Time: 6 hours 7 mins

maybe someday but not now. sorry too far for now! that would add 1000km to my mz3! aah! im only at 950!

AfterBurner
11-03-2004, 11:22 PM
The 1000km is not gonna get any smaller with time. Ur car will be past the breakin point by then.

firstmazda
11-04-2004, 12:15 AM
Yeah! and you could set the record for farthest drive to the meet.

HEY! we can all cruise together back to Montreal!!!

keving
11-04-2004, 12:29 AM
Hey

Sorry, i\'m a noob, but these \"meets\" sound very interesting to me, and i might want to attend, but i have NO idea what it consists of. All i see are pictures of cars lined up, some people chatting, and i read an article about the rules of how to drive in a big group. can someone tell me how long these meets usually are, what events usually occur, and how long do we drive for (in a group). Also please inform me of any interesting tidbits you guys like to do at meets. Thanks!

-kev

majic
11-04-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by keving

Hey

Sorry, i\'m a noob, but these \"meets\" sound very interesting to me, and i might want to attend, but i have NO idea what it consists of. All i see are pictures of cars lined up, some people chatting, and i read an article about the rules of how to drive in a big group. can someone tell me how long these meets usually are, what events usually occur, and how long do we drive for (in a group). Also please inform me of any interesting tidbits you guys like to do at meets. Thanks!

-kev

you should be sorry for being a noob ;)

meets.. well the more ppl .. the less structure.. so meet starts at 4 and ppl stroll in whenever they can.. last time i couln\'t make it till just after 5.. we either gather at the east end or west end (depending where the meet is).. if it\'s in west.. ppl out in east meet up about an hour before and they cruise 2gether to the west side.. and vice versa. once most ppl are at the meet, bluntman busts out his guitar and i set up a campfire and we sing kumbaya.. :D j/k

usually you just walk from car to car, chat about mods or plans for mods, meet new ppl, take a few pix and before you know it it\'s 6 or 7 and time for a cruise.. we pick a route and go. some people take off b/c they have other commitments, some go to grab a bite or a BEvERage..

we were supposed to bring one topic each, put it in a hat and draw from it and chat about it a bit but i guess we either forgot or nobody wanted to do it.. oh yah.. last time e-spec showed up so i ordered my tires from him :D

wtom
11-04-2004, 11:27 AM
Hey Kevin, welcome to Toronto Mazda3!

Honestly, don\'t feel out of place, ever. 80% of our meet attendees are in stock 3\'s, including Xenon and myself. There are the select few who have mad audio upgrades or LCD screens installed, but it\'s what floats their boat.

I prefer to keep my car looking stock thus no rims, no body kit, etc... that and I can\'t afford to go that route. Hehe...

As for the meets, Xenon will announce any news or comments he has regarding whatever. At our last meet, we had a few people buying the TorontoMazda3.com decals and license plate stickers, and some members picking up their custom TorontoMazda3.com Toque.

You check out everyone\'s car, or a select few cars, and talk to other owners about whatever\'s on your mind. At the same time you make new friends.

Everyone is nice, who have shown up at our meets so far (six up to now). No need to worry about anyone complaining that you are stock... because a lot of us like the car as is. :)

PS: please ignore my signature hahahaa j/k

mEtH
11-04-2004, 03:02 PM
uhhh...now that I look at your sig it says General toronto area. Don\'t yah mean Greater Toronto Area (GTA)? :p

bubba1983
11-04-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by firstmazda

Yeah! and you could set the record for farthest drive to the meet.

HEY! we can all cruise together back to Montreal!!!

shhh, i wanna keep that record for now!

wtom
11-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by methodyst

uhhh...now that I look at your sig it says General toronto area. Don\'t yah mean Greater Toronto Area (GTA)? :p

(Homer Simpson) AH CRAP!!!!!!

I\'ll be fixing it when I\'m home later tonight. Thx methy :p

keving
11-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Thanks for your replies guys, I\'ll definately try and make it to a meet. There\'s a lot that i want to know about this car and it seems like a great place to meet some new friends.
-kev

Newlook
11-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Yeah just come and chat.... you never know what we would get into - I mean topics :D Could be some day to day stuff and driving experiences. You can come late or leave early if you got things to do. But we encourage you to meet us at 4 so you don\'t miss the important TM3 announcements, right Xenon? :D

Xenon
11-04-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Newlook

Yeah just come and chat.... you never know what we would get into - I mean topics :D Could be some day to day stuff and driving experiences. You can come late or leave early if you got things to do. But we encourage you to meet us at 4 so you don\'t miss the important TM3 announcements, right Xenon? :D

That\'s just a formality.... :p nothing in the announcements can\'t be found on this board.

kyfe
11-05-2004, 01:41 PM
I\'ll try to make the next meet as well.

maybe I can hook up with the oakville Ti3 crew and we can drive in together:D

Kyfe

bubba1983
11-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by kyfe

I\'ll try to make the next meet as well.

maybe I can hook up with the oakville Ti3 crew and we can drive in together:D

Kyfe

\"the Ti 3 crew\" see...even that has a nice ring to it....not the same if you were to say the \"Wi 3 crew\" or the \"Bl 3 crew\"

super_vixen
11-05-2004, 08:24 PM
I\'m going to try and make it..but at this point, my parents have an Xmas dinner that evening, so unless I can find someone else to babysit..we\'ll see.

bluntman
11-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Profusion, ASD Axela, Guess and myself are the O.G.\'s!

majic
11-06-2004, 03:46 PM
add the VRKr00 cosisting of teambedlam and myself :D

AskClaudio.com
11-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Yeah I\'m in for this Meet. Was part of the TO Protege Club, I see you guys have a good turn out for your meets, I\'m in for both!

Guess
11-11-2004, 12:33 AM
I shall be there. :)

Hopefully this time more of your guys can come to dinner, to hear me bash ASD AXELA :p :D

majic
11-11-2004, 03:05 PM

The prize are worth approx. $5 each, there are three of them. Car related, NOTHING ricey at all. :)

tire pressure gauge? air freshener? fuzzy dice? 1L of oil? :p heh

bubba1983
11-11-2004, 08:36 PM
all i godda say is GREAT idea...if i coudl come, i\'d buy 5 tickets

AfterBurner
11-12-2004, 03:28 PM
I hope the prize is a gold crown air freshener.:sarc

wtom is eastside! it could happen!:p
Plenty of dollar stores on the eastside.;)

PlatMS6
11-14-2004, 02:59 PM
I am prolly gonna attend, but how long are ppl going to stay at the pre-meet on hurontario from 3pm to what, cuz i prolly get there 3:30-4:00 ?

majic
11-14-2004, 03:32 PM
in that case i would suggest driving right to east side as i believe that we\'d depart at around 3:15 b/c teh meet starts at 4PM out east..

ESpec
11-15-2004, 12:54 AM
For supporting the Club; E-Spec will donate a Set of H7 5500K HID-look bulbs for the draw as well!!~~~ So guys and girls~~ don\'t miss it~~ :p
E-Spec

Wtom, so now include an extra prize for the draw for them ;)

majic
11-15-2004, 01:20 AM
3 cheers for ED!!!

hip hip... :D

bubba1983
11-15-2004, 08:36 AM
WHY MUST I MISS THIS MEET...this is getting more worse now, i\'m so mad , grrrrrrr

wtom
11-15-2004, 12:19 PM
I decided to bring more attention to the raffle thus moved the raffle post into its own new thread (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1046).

FLIPDADY
11-19-2004, 03:57 PM
Now that I own a 3 I still can\'t go. I\'ll be too busy Christmas shopping plus it\'s also the day of my wife\'s company\'s children\'s Christmas party.

wtom
11-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Now that I own a 3 I still can\'t go. I\'ll be too busy Christmas shopping plus it\'s also the day of my wife\'s company\'s children\'s Christmas party.

Next meet we can hold it at Avante Toronto ... in Joe\'s office! :p j/k

bluntman
11-19-2004, 09:09 PM
That\'s a good idea, free coffee too!!

mEtH
11-20-2004, 02:34 AM
\"AXELA badges for all!!!!!\"

FLIPDADY
11-22-2004, 09:54 AM

Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Next meet we can hold it at Avante Toronto ... in Joe\'s office! :p j/k
You know that does sound like a plan!!

wtom
11-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Dedicate one whole Saturday to servicing TorontoMazda3 cars only! You guys would make a nice revenue for the day too if even 10% of us are there... hahaha

Effin Itai
11-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Just joined the club! I\'m excited to meet and talk to other m3 owners. I have a lot of questions to ask! I hope whoever will be there can give me some good advive. See ya!

bluntman
11-22-2004, 09:10 PM
^^^ Welcome!!

wtom
11-23-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by campeotto

Just joined the club! I\'m excited to meet and talk to other m3 owners. I have a lot of questions to ask! I hope whoever will be there can give me some good advive. See ya!

Welcome to the club and I\'ve enlisted you in the roll-call (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1023) for our last meet of the year. :)

Xenon
11-23-2004, 04:33 PM
Some Important Family stuff has come up and... this is a first... i won\'t be able to make this last meet of 2004.

IF YOU ARE ORDERING A TOQUE: wtom will be collecting money for the toques at the meet.

Westsiders: please read my post in the Westside Pre-Meet thread.

chaser
11-26-2004, 11:59 PM
It looks like many ppl are getting HID installed at meet #7. Anyone please take pics of different kit/temp (bring a tripod!) and post them. I\'ll miss the meet :(