PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard lighting

m68mac
11-01-2004, 10:43 PM
Is it possible to change the colour of the lighting from the orange/red to white?

midnightfxgt
11-01-2004, 11:41 PM
Not without a TON of modification. The plastic is coloured, so you would have to remake that portion clear.

~JOHN

ng3
12-02-2004, 01:33 AM
If you are talking about the gauges, I have no idea, but if you mean the Head Unit, Climate Controls, (if you have an auto, the lights for PRNDM) then I have tried to do that too...

The Auto shifter light is one bulb covered by a rubber red thing (looks like a condom seriously) that can be easily taken off... The M for manual mode will still show red since it\'s the portion of the strip of letters that is itself red... all other letters will look white (yellowish until i find a way to change that bulb... it\'s not a LED)

Now, the Head Unit you don\'t even need to try... everywhere you see lights they are red LEDs, and the only thing you can do is to remove a piece of film where the volume LED\'s are... it\'s still gonna be red but in my opinion it looks better... Look HERE (http://calin.cjb.net//tm3/hu/) at the last picture (77). This strip of film goes around the volume knob and to the ends of the buttons...

If you are planning to take out this thing you will have to take out all but 2 dead buttons and 6 small screws...

If you want more info let me know...