PDA

View Full Version : The Titanium Love Thread

Dr Butcher
11-03-2004, 07:59 PM
So, what\'s with all the haters anyway? :p

/me tries on an a size 12EEE for all the nut kicking he\'s gonna do at meet 7.

+1 ;)

majic
11-03-2004, 08:04 PM
they are just jealous :p

-1 :D

///M
11-03-2004, 09:21 PM
Just that I have one doesn\'t mean I like the colour.

-1 :p

billyfo
11-03-2004, 09:42 PM
+0:D

T.Grey was my 2nd choice, doesn\'t mean I don\'t like the color, but too many cars with this color:sarc

Melenium
11-03-2004, 09:54 PM
+1 I happen to like it, and it was my first choice. :D It does sort of suck that everyone else feels the same way though... There\'s definately something to be said about having a unique car. At the same time, I don\'t think anyone is off the hook on this one -- I\'m thinking in the future we\'re going to be seeing more 3\'s than Civics or Cavaliers, so no matter what color you get, you\'ll start seeing it everywhere :p

bluntman
11-03-2004, 10:06 PM
:D :D :D

Melenium
11-03-2004, 10:38 PM
Keep smiling bluntman, Sunset Orange is still an option so you\'re not out of the woods yet :p

AfterBurner
11-03-2004, 11:01 PM
What can I say but TiGrey 4ever! 1st choice in colour although carbon gray is a close second. Why is the \"grey\" spelled with an \"e\" for Titanium grey but with an \"a\" for carbon gray???

Who would have thought that the colour Grey would be so popular.

majic
11-03-2004, 11:21 PM
they both should be grey.. but then again dictionary.com says (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gray) both are ok ;)

gray also grey
adj. gray·er, also grey·er gray·est, grey·est

1. Of or relating to an achromatic color of any lightness between the extremes of black and white.
1. Dull or dark: a gray, rainy afternoon.
2. Lacking in cheer; gloomy: a gray mood.
1. Having gray hair; hoary.
2. Old or venerable.
4. Intermediate in character or position, as with regard to a subjective matter: the gray area between their differing opinions on the film\'s morality.

n.

1. An achromatic color of any lightness between the extremes of black and white.
2. An object or animal of the color gray.
3. often Gray
1. A member of the Confederate Army in the Civil War.
2. The Confederate Army.

AfterBurner
11-03-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by majic

they both should be grey.. but then again dictionary.com says (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gray) both are ok ;)

gray also grey
adj. gray·er, also grey·er gray·est, grey·est

1. Of or relating to an achromatic color of any lightness between the extremes of black and white.
1. Dull or dark: a gray, rainy afternoon.
2. Lacking in cheer; gloomy: a gray mood.
1. Having gray hair; hoary.
2. Old or venerable.
4. Intermediate in character or position, as with regard to a subjective matter: the gray area between their differing opinions on the film\'s morality.

n.

1. An achromatic color of any lightness between the extremes of black and white.
2. An object or animal of the color gray.
3. often Gray
1. A member of the Confederate Army in the Civil War.
2. The Confederate Army.

You certainly have too much time on ur hands majic but the info is much appreciated. Maybe we could do a re-enactment of the American Civil War at our next meet. The TiGrey\'s would be the confederates and winning blues the federals.:D

chaser
11-04-2004, 12:17 AM
titanium grey wasn\'t my 1st choice (black was) but 2nd or 3rd ... but don\'t take me wrong, i like t.grey too :hoho
for the \"too popular\" issue, maybe thing will change in 05 ... i pass by markham mazda almost everyday and i see most of the new 3s in the lot are winning blue and indigo blue:D

AfterBurner
11-04-2004, 02:17 AM
Anybody cheaped out and touched up a scratch on their TiGrey with duct tape?? :hoho :hoho

It\'s the same colour.:p

midnightfxgt
11-04-2004, 08:53 AM
I love the Tit.Grey!! Everyone here hates on it but meh. There are as many winning blues out there, just not in the club. Why do you think WB was so hard to get (Not too hard if you can live with an Auto, no thanks).:D

Tit.Grey also has its own smilies - :zzz :hoho :D :p

To the people who want a unique car.... it wont happen with a stock car :p . There are thousands of EVERY colour, so get modding, and stand out!:D

~JOHN

bluntman
11-04-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by AfterBurner

Why is the \"grey\" spelled with an \"e\" for Titanium grey but with an \"a\" for carbon gray???

Who would have thought that the colour Grey would be so popular.

Because Carbon Gray is an American color ;)

If it were Canadian that sentence would read \"Carbon Grey is a Canadian colour\"...just \"capitol\" can \"capital\" and \"zed\" and \"zee\". Can you blame them, look who their president is!

majic
11-04-2004, 08:59 AM
uh-uh-uh-a-a-a-auuh-uh-aah-uh

http://www.aquilaarts.com/bushmonkey.jpg

profusion
11-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

Gota love the orange!

Not much people have it and it looks beter in person then on paper =P

///M
11-04-2004, 05:09 PM
It seems like Titanium Grey is so common simply because they had too many of them, and not because it was particularly popular. It doesn\'t seem like many people have TGM by choice. :(

billyfo
11-04-2004, 06:08 PM
well, if you read some auto news several days before, silver and dark grey are the most popular colors at least in US and white in Aussie. So when I (or we) ordered the car, Mazda spray too much silver and grey for our market but not others.

at meet 6, WB and orange are become more than other meets, though T.grey still the no 1. :p

bubba1983
11-04-2004, 06:43 PM
ahem....TI grey....sexy....*close thread*

keving
11-04-2004, 10:00 PM
Actually TiGrey was not my first choice too. Black Mica was my first choice... and i get jealous each time i see a black 3 on the road, haha. TiGrey looked good in the showroom, but you see too many of them on the road. On second thought, i\'d actually take ANY colour that the 3 comes in, cuz they\'re all very nice. My 2 cents.

Newlook
11-04-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by AfterBurner

Anybody cheaped out and touched up a scratch on their TiGrey with duct tape?? :hoho :hoho

It\'s the same colour.:p

Thanks for the tip.... I\'ll keep that in mind :D

It\'s a great colour..... just because it\'s too common so you people are *jealous* about it :p :D

Xenon
11-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by keving

Actually TiGrey was not my first choice too. Black Mica was my first choice... and i get jealous each time i see a black 3 on the road, haha. TiGrey looked good in the showroom, but you see too many of them on the road. On second thought, i\'d actually take ANY colour that the 3 comes in, cuz they\'re all very nice. My 2 cents.

I would have to agree... with the exception of Indigo.... That is the colour that I like the least... Although, granted, It\'s not that bad of a colour.

At least it doesn\'t come in booger green like the beetle :P

Melenium
11-04-2004, 11:03 PM
I dunno.. I\'m not such a fan of the Sand mica color.. it just doesn\'t look sporty... just my $0.02 though.

miggiddy
11-04-2004, 11:19 PM
Ti-g was my first choice, but I was cheaping out of the GFX package and the base grill doesn\'t to the colour justice so I went with my second choice black. And it has been a love/hate relationship since, just about every dust particle shows on it. When I was car shopping I really liked the Honda carbon grey on the civic or the smoke grey on the Altima.

Melenium
11-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by miggiddy

Ti-g was my first choice, but I was cheaping out of the GFX package and the base grill doesn\'t to the colour justice so I went with my second choice black. And it has been a love/hate relationship since, just about every dust particle shows on it. When I was car shopping I really liked the Honda carbon grey on the civic or the smoke grey on the Altima.

If you get the GT (even without the GFX) you get the body colored grill :p

majic
11-05-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Melenium

actually check out this (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=933) thread

miggiddy
11-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by majic

Originally posted by Melenium

actually check out this (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=933) thread

I\'m thinking he meant the fact that I my car is black the base grill is black, which is part of the reason why I like the black, everything matches including the pillars, the sideview mirror arms, and even that plate under the rear bumper. Someone painted theirs (along with everything else) to match the rest of the car, it looked good. I can\'t remember who that was.

MajesticBlueNTO
11-05-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Xenon

I would have to agree... with the exception of Indigo.... That is the colour that I like the least... Although, granted, It\'s not that bad of a colour.

At least it doesn\'t come in booger green like the beetle :P

opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one :sarc

mEtH
11-05-2004, 01:15 PM
Well I am going to post this idea again.

As soon as we have a member with a white car and a carbon grAy car we are going to have to take a gradient picture.

White, Silver, Ti. Grey, Carbon Gray, and Black

WHOS WITH ME ON THAT ONE?

miggiddy
11-05-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by methodyst

As soon as we have a member with a white car and a carbon grAy car we are going to have to take a gradient picture.

Sure why not. count me in.

AfterBurner
11-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by methodyst

I\'m in.

billyfo
11-05-2004, 05:44 PM
yeah, why not.

firstmazda
11-14-2004, 07:42 PM
:p :D :hoho :zzz :hoho :D :p
Anyone notice that all the best smileys are in Ti-Grey!!!

Newlook
11-14-2004, 08:31 PM
Ti-grey rules! :D