PDA

View Full Version : CAI - Warranty - Leasing

kaikara
11-04-2004, 11:19 AM
My car is leased and only 4 months old. I was wondering what kind of experience people have had with the dealership and modifications. I was thinking about putting on a CAI - anybody do this and have the dealership freak out?

FLIPDADY
11-04-2004, 12:43 PM
No need to worry, the only thing you have to make sure of is that you keep all the factory parts you took off. When you return your car at the end of the lease put everything back.

As far as warranty goes, some dealers shun people that have done mods to their car. It\'s really a gray area when it comes to mods. Factors such as proper installation of the said part and also the decision of the service manager.

miggiddy
11-04-2004, 01:27 PM
Flipspeed - I know this may be up to individual dealerships, but do you think or would your dealership install something like a CAI? So if something does happen then I could at least say it was installed by a Mazda tech.

Xenon
11-04-2004, 10:44 PM
Westowne has mods like K&N filters, altezza style tail lights and other non-mazda parts in their display window in the service area....

nothing as major as a CAI tho....

mEtH
11-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Mountain mazda has the same kinda stuff. Shift knobs, shoft boots, silverstars and bunch of stuff. CAI not sure, like said before just put stock parts back if you are returning it.

But if you are returning it why go out and buy parts?

mEtH
11-04-2004, 11:51 PM
Damn thing took me to a page not found. Then i re-submit and guess what DOUBLE POST! sorry. :sarc