PDA

View Full Version : 2.3/2.0 Questions

Sedes
12-14-2015, 08:09 PM
Hey everyone, new here, thanks in advance for the replies. So the situation. I bought a 2006 Mazda 3 GT, leather, loaded for an incredible price, with one hitch. Motor had issues that no one could solve. Got it home, 3 hours later, the culprit was a thrown bearing on cylinder 4 and a broken ring to match. Anyways, having an owner of a scrapyard as a close friend has it's perks and I brought home a 2006 Mazda 3 2.0 for next to nothing. It runs great, but the body is not as good as the GT. So, if I decide to swap the 2.0 into the GT, what does this involve, and if I decide to just do some bodywork to the 2006 base, are their any parts on the 2.3 that are an upgrade for the 2.0. Also I'd love to use the cluster from the gt and other goodies like leather. If I go that route that is. Opinions and answers would be great. Thanks again.

Canadianbacon
12-15-2015, 02:22 AM
The 2.5 swap is easier and you get a better motor! For $500 search on fourms for a how to as other members have done it in past.

Sedes
12-15-2015, 11:57 AM
The 2.5 swap is easier and you get a better motor! For $500 search on fourms for a how to as other members have done it in past.

Yep, I've done tonnes of reading on that and it's originally what I wanted to do, but this was the easier and much cheaper route for me to go at this time. Maybe next summer I can make that happen, but right now it's not an option. I pretty much need to know if the 2.3 computer will run the 2.0 so I can use the cluster, key, etc. Both engines are vvt, and the same year.