PDA

View Full Version : CAUTION :)

wtom
11-04-2004, 03:12 PM
Last night I was leaving my gf\'s and started up the car. There was frost on the windshield and I didn\'t check my wiper setting; AUTO. Once the car was started, the wipers did their thing. YIKES.

So just a caution to those of you with this feature, double check the wiper setting is OFF before starting the car in the zero degree or lower temperatures.

civiclad
11-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Thanks Wtom for the tip.

majic
11-04-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by wtom

Last night I was leaving my gf\'s and started up the car.

you musta been leaving your gf\'s pretty laaaaate then :D heh..

thx for the heads up ;)

wtom
11-04-2004, 04:14 PM
DOH, busted :(

hehehe... it was around 12:30am

You\'re all very welcome...

Xenon
11-04-2004, 09:00 PM
My car is in a nice, frostless Garage :D

But I do suppose it will be outside for some periods of time..... so in that case...

Thank You.. Merci, Danke, Mmm Goy, Shea Shea, Arigato....

Ya... and any other way of saying thank you that I missed. :sarc

Newlook
11-04-2004, 10:26 PM
Also I wonder if the auto-wipers are going to be a problem in winter. You know the roads are going to be a little wet with the salt even when it isn\'t snowing. You\'ll get all the tiny white dots on the windshield when the salt dries..... and if the wipers are on -- YIKES

rbart4506
11-05-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by wtom

Last night I was leaving my gf\'s and started up the car. There was frost on the windshield and I didn\'t check my wiper setting; AUTO. Once the car was started, the wipers did their thing. YIKES.

So just a caution to those of you with this feature, double check the wiper setting is OFF before starting the car in the zero degree or lower temperatures.

I was wondering that same thing myself...

I\'m not too worried about the frosty mornings, but more the days that the wipers are frozen with ice...

I guess once winter truly hits it might make sense to not use the Auto feature since the amount of wet weather should be greatly reduced...

Rich

Saphress
11-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Tsk tsk... that\'s somethin a gurl would do... :D :D :D :D

Kidding... :P

Yeah I don\'t bother using them. Jeff told me a story about this lady leaving it on Auto and went through a car wash.... BWAGHagaahahahahaha.... Let\'s just say the wipers were mangled when she got out.

bubba1983
11-07-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Saphress

Tsk tsk... that\'s somethin a gurl would do... :D :D :D :D

Kidding... :P

Yeah I don\'t bother using them. Jeff told me a story about this lady leaving it on Auto and went through a car wash.... BWAGHagaahahahahaha.... Let\'s just say the wipers were mangled when she got out.

sweeeeeeeeeet

mEtH
11-07-2004, 10:00 AM
lazy...lazy...lazy. :p Just set it to auto when it starts to rain geez. Don\'t get me wrong I love them but don\'t leave them there 24/7, if you do.

wtom
01-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Bump because the weather is calling for it. Watch out you don\'t leave your precip-sensing wipers ON before leaving the car parked for long periods of time in the outdoors, uncovered.

wtom
01-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Parked in uncovered parking lot for work on Tuesday. Left office at 4pm to find my windows iced up. Luckily had the wiper arms lifted up and off the windshield;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/wtom/20060117ice1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/wtom/20060117ice2.jpg

Cardinal Fang
01-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Hands up all those that love Canadian Winters.