PDA

View Full Version : Valve Cover Sensor Seal

betterthansx
01-07-2016, 10:28 AM
I currently am running through things to repair on my car. I just recently had my power steering start to leak, but I also see a bit of oil seeping around the seal of the sensor that is on the valve cover.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/rfinkle2/leak.png

For those of you who have had to replace this seal, or have had the engine apart, I assume you have to remove the valve cover to replace this seal? If I do, I might as well replace the valve cover seal too, but I don't want to order both and not have to use a $65 seal for the valve cover.

Appreciate the info.

13SPEED3
01-20-2016, 06:52 PM
yes you do have to remove the valve cover so its just safer to replace the valve cover gasket and save yourself a future headache. but fyi that when you take the valve cover off there will be grey silicone in certain parts on the head that you are going to want to clean off and put new silicone in the same spots before you put the valve cover back on.

MikeTheCheek
01-20-2016, 07:50 PM
Off topic: if that's your engine bay how'd you get the mazdaspeed oil cap straight? Your car is a first gen I presume

pwdunmore
01-21-2016, 12:37 PM
Off topic: if that's your engine bay how'd you get the mazdaspeed oil cap straight? Your car is a first gen I presume

That's a genpu picture, no power steering pump where the pulley at the front.

The cap goes on straight if you screw it on in the right position, it is either right side up or up side down... lol

betterthansx
01-21-2016, 03:29 PM

Not my pic. Just found it on Google lol I wish my engine bay was that clean!

The cap goes on straight if you screw it on in the right position, it is either right side up or up side down... lol

Yea not my car, just a picture to better explain what I was looking for.

MikeTheCheek
01-22-2016, 12:45 PM

Gen 1 is always slightly slanted when tightened completely :bot