PDA

View Full Version : David Navone N-774V LOC

Mayhem
11-13-2004, 06:03 PM
Hey......I\'ll be picking up my 3 GT w/GFX on Monday. One of the first mods I\'m planning on doing is adding a sub and amplifier. I read online here about needing the LOC for the stock headunit. Just curious how many people use the N-774V LOC. Is it good and would you recommend it. I live in St. Catharines, so if I could get something without having to go over the border and pay customs, it would be great. The N-774V LOC seems quite inexpensive though, so I was wondering if it\'s one of those \"you get what you pay for\" deals. Any input you guys have would be great. Thanks

bluntman
11-13-2004, 07:29 PM
I\'d go for it. I\'ve only heard good things about Navone products in general. Up here you\'re going to pay an arm and a leg for an LOC. When I had my system installed I had to shell out over $100 for a 4 channel LOC from Soundgate (http://www.soundgate.com/products/line-output/type-1.htm)

MazdaTree
11-13-2004, 07:32 PM
i have it its pretty good
there are more expensive ones
im quite satified with the n774v tho
it came up to 50 cdn and then i think $12 duty
very easy to install and everything

majic
11-14-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Mayhem

Hey......I\'ll be picking up my 3 GT w/GFX on Monday. One of the first mods I\'m planning on doing is adding a sub and amplifier. I read online here about needing the LOC for the stock headunit. Just curious how many people use the N-774V LOC. Is it good and would you recommend it. I live in St. Catharines, so if I could get something without having to go over the border and pay customs, it would be great. The N-774V LOC seems quite inexpensive though, so I was wondering if it\'s one of those \"you get what you pay for\" deals. Any input you guys have would be great. Thanks

correct me if u\'r wrong BUT if i were you i\'d definately go south to buy it if the gas spent < money saved.. esp now that the dollar is soooooo strong.. also fill up on the south side.. save more :D

AFAIK you can bring 100CAD back on a \'day\' visit.. ie. cross-border shopping.. so if the piece is 30USD or whatever.. i think it\'s still worth it.. especially that u\'r so close..

Mayhem
11-14-2004, 01:52 AM
hmm......$100 bucks on a day visit.....it might be a good idea to cross over then. Anyone know any stores in Buffalo that would carry the Navone LOC?

majic
11-14-2004, 02:28 AM
sorrry.. my bad.. i wasn\'t sure how much it was.. it turns out to be

24hrs - 50bux
48hrs - 200bux

as outlined here (http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pub/cp/rc4044/rc4044-e.html#P274_18115)

u can always say u visted a friend over the weekend :p

EDIT: but i believe that the LOC is pretty small so unless u REALLY need the box, you can just throw it in the glove box or in your bag or something.. drop it in some dust or have other cables with it.. and u\'r ok..

bluntman
11-14-2004, 08:43 AM

hmm......$100 bucks on a day visit.....it might be a good idea to cross over then. Anyone know any stores in Buffalo that would carry the Navone LOC?

I believe you can only buy their products over the internet.

chaser
11-14-2004, 03:51 PM

found one dealer (http://www.soundgate.com/dealer.php?initiated=yes&search_keywords=buffalo&s earch_type=2&x=0&y=0) in Buffalo at Soundgate\'s website ... mapquest for the exact location.

bluntman
11-14-2004, 05:27 PM
The only problem with going out of town for that is that you are not sure whether or not they have them in stock. Kromer Radio had to order my Soundgate LOC and they do their fair share of car audio installs.