///M
11-15-2004, 12:17 AM
I\'m itching to get this:
http://www.apexi-usa.com/meters_revspeedmeter.asp

anyone know if it\'d work with the 3?

edit: btw are these sold in pmall? if so I might go have a look tommorow

majic
11-15-2004, 01:18 AM
actually.. the only one i\'ve heard about till today is gtech pro (http://www.gtechpro.com/)

apparently it just plugs into the cig lighter and off you go. this one goes for 2-3bills USD tho.. and i dunno how much apexi one is.. but i believe it owuld be universal.

///M
11-15-2004, 01:21 AM
I\'m looking to have it hardwired...I don\'t really like the idea of having a cable going into the cig lighter

MajesticBlueNTO
11-15-2004, 02:48 AM
the only thing this would be useful for is the speed limiter cut. other than that, it just looks cool.

the nology pda dyno offers the same features AND you can read/clear engine codes and monitor way more sensors with it.

FLIPDADY
11-15-2004, 09:11 AM
Gtech pro is a waste of money and in my experience wasn\'t accurate.

I had the Apex VTEC controller on my Civic and it was the best money I\'ve spent for a car part.

midnightfxgt
11-15-2004, 10:03 AM
I dont get it. Why would you really want this on a stock car?

~JOHN

FLIPDADY
11-15-2004, 10:10 AM
That\'s a good point, I\'d wait till you get some serious mods before buying that. It would look nice to put just above the ashtray panel.

midnightfxgt
11-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Once the car is boosted or in need of tuning I would say go for it. But for a stock 2.3L, I would say its a waste of money

Just my $0.02

~JOHN

///M
11-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

the only thing this would be useful for is the speed limiter cut. other than that, it just looks cool.

the nology pda dyno offers the same features AND you can read/clear engine codes and monitor way more sensors with it.

I did look into the PDA dyno before, but I didn\'t like how I\'d have have to use that AND a PDA.

I just find it pretty cool that it can measure 0-60 times etc...if anything...I\'ll be using it as a glorified stop watch more than anything else. Looks cool too. I think I even saw a Pivot one of these that had a HUD projected onto the windshield...now that was really cool.

MajesticBlueNTO
11-15-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Gtech pro is a waste of money and in my experience wasn\'t accurate.

I had the Apex VTEC controller on my Civic and it was the best money I\'ve spent for a car part.

the apex s-afc controller on the 3 would be a better investment (similar to the v-afc/vtec controller for vtec hondas). that would at least give us some control over the overly rich fuel maps and an increase in power (once properly tuned).

the Rev Speed Meter, like autoexe said, is a glorified stopwatch. the only useful thing from the RSM is the speed limiter cut (goodbye 188km/h wall :) )