PDA

View Full Version : Question about the meets

Mayhem
11-15-2004, 01:25 AM
Hey all, I\'m fairly new to the forum and will be taking delivery of my new 3 tomorrow. I\'m curious about the meets and thought about attending the November 27th one. Are there any other members from my neck of the woods ( St. Catharines )? Also, what happens at the meets other than hanging out?.....could I bring a friend or two along?

majic
11-15-2004, 01:34 AM
NO!!! these meets are EXCLUSIVE to GTA members.. no pets, significant others, kids, parents, disbaled or aliens allowed!! you should really consider moving to Toronto area or buy a civic or something.. well i guess we would let you in .. $20 bux for out of towners.. add another 20bux for being a n00b.. :p

search the forum for \"kumbaya\" and u\'ll see what we do at the meets :D

ok here.. i searched for you :D (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/search.php?perpage=20&sortby=dateline&sort=DESC&q= kumbaya&qauthor=&forums%5B%5D=all&matchmessage=1&a ction=display)

EDIT: i hope you don\'t believe every word that spews out of my computer... just a mess of 1s and 0s :D

EDIT2: I mean .. welcome to TM3 family :D

Newlook
11-15-2004, 01:46 AM
I don\'t think we\'ve anyone from St.Catharines yet... if you don\'t mind to be the first one.
Anything can happen at the meet :p
And certainly you can bring your friends along.

MajesticBlueNTO
11-15-2004, 02:58 AM
mayhem..i work in welland during the week...just down the 406. mini-meet at the Pen Centre :)

wtom
11-16-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Mayhem

Hey all, I\'m fairly new to the forum and will be taking delivery of my new 3 tomorrow. I\'m curious about the meets and thought about attending the November 27th one. Are there any other members from my neck of the woods ( St. Catharines )? Also, what happens at the meets other than hanging out?.....could I bring a friend or two along?

Hi Mayhem, congrats on your purchase and taking delivery (?)! I only know of a few other members including bubba1983 (Kitchener-Waterloo) whom cannot make the coming meet, fat mike I believe from St. Catharine\'s as well?, MAZDA3_MIKE from Fort Eerie area I believe... haven\'t seen the last two guys in quite a while.

The meets... you check out what other people have done to their car. I\'m not talking about mods here. Get info on how to touch up a rock chip, how to protect the car (ie. clear bra), check out the different tint jobs, maybe compare winter tires, etc. Of course there are mods to check out too. Lately we\'ve had a lot of audio mods including a few LCD mods.

Friends are always welcome, heck we have people showing up outta the blue (just driving by in their Mazda3) whom pull in and spend a moment to chit chat with us. It\'s a friendly gathering of a sole interest; our car. Things stem from there. :)

See you Saturday, November 27th, 4pm at Kennedy Commons? :)

Mayhem
11-16-2004, 11:44 PM
Sweet :) ...... I\'m putting that on my calendar.....what\'s with the pre-meet? is that a separate thing? Hey Majestic.....what time are you in Welland.....I live 5 minutes from the Pen Center. We\'ll have to get together sometime and compare vehicles. Maybe you\'ll see me around sometime as well, 3 GT w/GFX sunlight silver and tints.....haven\'t seen any other GT\'s around yet. Anyhoo....gotta go study for a midterm. Thanks for the great welcome guys :D

wtom
11-17-2004, 12:16 AM

Sweet :) ...... I\'m putting that on my calendar.....what\'s with the pre-meet? is that a separate thing?

Pre-meet is for those members in the west end who have the free time to \"pre meet\" with other west side members at AMC Courtney Park, Mississauga for a few mins so that they can all cruise on the 401 Hwy together to the main meet location at Kennedy Commons, Scarborough. We do a pre-meet at KC too if the main meet is scheduled for AMC CP. The cruise is one of the best things about being in a car club... the attention you get is sweet! :)

Anyhoo....gotta go study for a midterm. Thanks for the great welcome guys :D

Good luck on your midterms and you\'re very welcome! Hope to see you on Saturday 27th!!

Mayhem
12-06-2004, 08:40 AM
Something came up and I couldn\'t make it that day......for sure in the new year I\'ll be there. :)

wtom
12-06-2004, 12:28 PM

Something came up and I couldn\'t make it that day......for sure in the new year I\'ll be there. :)

No worries man, these things happen once a month anyway (except during the few months of winter). Hopefully we\'ll have a meet happening in either March or April 2005. We\'ll see how the weather is once that time approaches. It will take place in AMC Courtney Park so Xenon will be the one posting up the info in this section.

Xenon
12-06-2004, 02:56 PM
There may be a meet or two even in the winter months... just not monthly any more. Perhaps in the new year, we can have an unoffical meet :p

Get some grub or something.

Any such meet will be extremely weather dependent. If the weather is OK (just wet roads) it looks good. but if there is a lot of slush and snow, with subzero temps, then we probably won\'t get together.

MAZDA3_MIKE
01-18-2005, 11:05 PM
im from fort erie :)

bubba1983
01-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by MAZDA3_MIKE

....and your ghay, hahahah j/k!

MAZDA3_MIKE
01-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

Originally posted by MAZDA3_MIKE

....and your ghay, hahahah j/k!
All i can say is look who its coming from :p

Xenon
01-23-2005, 11:33 AM
ANYWAYS..... We are looking at the Last Saturday in February for our next meet. HOWEVER... this is really dependent on how much snow is on the groung still.... and the warmth... There\'s no point in having a meet if we are all just going to sit around inside our cars to stay warm.

Whether the snow is still around (shouldn\'t be) or not, we will have a meet for sure at the end of March.

The weather throughout February will deptermine how soon our first meet of 2005 is.

AS always, meets will be announced at least two weeks in advance. I will also work on getting it published in the wheels section of the Toronto Star.

aswo123
01-26-2005, 01:30 AM
Hello,everyone

I\'m new this forum.I don\'t have a M3 yet.

However, If I got one.I really join meeting soon.

Thanks,all

Xenon
01-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by aswo123

Hello,everyone

I\'m new this forum.I don\'t have a M3 yet.

However, If I got one.I really join meeting soon.

Thanks,all

you are welcome to come to meets. Even though you don\'t have your car yet, you are welcome to come out for the social aspect of it :)

whodilly
02-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Hey all, I\'m the newest member of the TM3 and glad to be a part of it. Love the Mz3!!! Look forward to the meets.

MazdaTree
02-03-2005, 11:04 PM
welcome to TORONTO MAZDA3:D

Saphress
02-04-2005, 02:49 AM
Well boyz.... it\'s annouced...... Did you see the weather for the rest of the week?!?!?!?1 The snow is MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTTTT IIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGgggg...

Whoohoo!!!!!!!!! awwwwwwwwww yeah..... soon... I can roll down all the windows n juss CRUUUUUuuuise ... I cannot WAIT!!!!!

bubba1983
02-04-2005, 03:22 AM
im DIIIIIIIYING TO PEEEL BACK THAT SUNROOF AGAIN!!

MAZDA3_MIKE
02-04-2005, 11:20 AM
wow maybe my car will look black . sick of the road grime :(

Saphress
02-04-2005, 11:24 AM
Actaully... Today... I might actually do that

kk3
02-08-2005, 10:13 PM
hi every one..
happy new year.
kung hai fat choy...

im looking forward to the next meet..
hopefully i can make it.. i will be my first.
hah.. my girl thinks its dorky...

jon_jai
02-09-2005, 03:28 AM
when IS the next meet? :)

Xenon
02-09-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by jon_jai

when IS the next meet? :)

Originally Planned for the Last saturday in February, however, if the weatheris still crappy enough that we still need snowtires, we\'ll bump it to the last Saturday in March.

At the moment however, it looks like we will wait until march. Meets are announced two weeks prior to the meet date. Which makes it Feb 12th for an announcement day. No announcement on the 12th, no meet in February.

If you are itching to meet other members, keep an eye out on the board for small unofficial minimeets that happen around the city. You may want to go to one of those.