PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Mazda higly recommended

Mayhem
11-15-2004, 06:52 PM
Hey all.....just picked up my 04 3 GT w/GFX a few hours ago. I can\'t even say how excited I am.....but I\'m lucky....got it for 2.9% financing which in itself is not that great save for the fact that I\'m not a Canadian citizen. I\'m an international student. Most dealerships were like \"Sorry, you need to be a permanent resident\" and at first Scotiabank told me to screw off. The business manager just kept hounding them....and the salesman even went so far as to find another way to get the deal to work. Eventually the manager got Scotia to bite and now 3 weeks later, I\'m the proud owner of a new 3. If anyone needs a car and is having trouble securing financing or anything.....take it from me....if it can be done, these guys will do it. I\'m off to enjoy my car.....later :)

majic
11-15-2004, 11:27 PM
sweet. congrats... wow. i didnt know that the 04s were still avialable.. is it TiGrey by chance? :p

now i\'ll go sit in the corner and wait for mine :(

Mayhem
11-16-2004, 12:03 AM
I think I got the last 04.....I put down the deposit on the Oct. 25th......but because of my situation (international) it took almost a month to get the financing sorted out even though it was on the lot.

She\'s a Sunlight Silver 3 GT w/ GFX........F-35%/R-25% tints. I love it....can\'t get enough of driving. When do you get yours?

rbart4506
11-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Mountain Mazda my abe good at selling the car, but I have heard many horror stories about their service department...Hence the reason my 3 was leased from Burlington Mazda...

For example....My 3 was hit a while back and the body shop doing the repairs had to replace the front fender. First order from Mountain Mazda arrived and it was the fender for the other side of the car. Second order was for the proper side, but wrong car...They finally got it right with the 3 try...

Just becareful taking the car back for service...

Rich

MAZDA Kitten
11-17-2004, 10:40 PM
This is the first time i see MOUNTAIN MAZDA and RECOMMENDED in the same sentence :D

I myself plus 2 friends of mine had a VERY bad experiences there and wouldnt recommend them. But to each their own....

Mayhem
11-22-2004, 09:04 PM
Hey Kitten, was your problem with the sales department or service?

MAZDA Kitten
11-22-2004, 11:18 PM
Sales...

I\'ll try to avoid the service as well but living in Hamilton and the dealership is only 10 mins from me that might be hard :sarc

Mayhem
11-23-2004, 02:35 AM
ya....the salesman I dealt with had only been there 3 weeks (Dave Griffin, don\'t know if you dealt with him).....I\'d recommend him. I had originally planned on walking away because it was taking so long to secure financing (though I expected that considering my situation) However the salesman found a couple of other avenues to go through, and the business manager did come through in the end. My main recommendation is just because they were able to get a deal through when many other dealerships pretty much showed me the door when they found out I wasn\'t a permanent resident. Oh well.....I\'m servicing my car at St. Catharines Mazda, so it\'s all good since I hear the service department is crap at Mountain. How about Burlington Mazda for you, might be worth the extra minutes if Mountain service is bad. :)

MAZDA Kitten
11-23-2004, 08:27 AM
Well I bought my car at Ontario Mazda and work just down the street from them. So I think I\'ll stick with my dealership that I purchased my car from.

Burlington Mazda showed me the door. I brought in a price quote for my GT w/GFX and 5spd to see if they can beat it. The sales man snickered (he didnt believe me it was for a GT) went into his office to check the price quote and walked out saying to me \"Im not even interested in matching this... no thanks\. :sarc

Mayhem
11-23-2004, 03:41 PM
wow.....what a jerk.....some of these dealers are something else the way they treat customers. Glad you\'re happy with the place you got your car.

MAZDA Kitten
11-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Mayhem

wow.....what a jerk.....some of these dealers are something else the way they treat customers. Glad you\'re happy with the place you got your car.

I wouldnt say that either :sarc Ive had the worst buying experience.
And I thought VW was bad.....

Mayhem
11-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Sounds like you had a rough time purchasing your vehicle. I\'m hoping St. Catharines Mazda will be good for service, cause I used to have a Honda and Sterling Honda was absolutely fantastic (I would drive to Hamilton for all my service). I still haven\'t gotten my call from Mazda Canada asking about my buying experience, maybe I\'ll say a few things to put the squeeze on the dealer:D

MAZDA Kitten
12-31-2004, 08:31 AM
Just to add to Mountain Mazda.
Im singing a different tune now. Took my car in them for that stupid rattle in the drivers door. The shop manager happens to my neighbour too. Super nice people however it took a while to convince them that *I AM* hearing this rattle since the mechanic who took my car around the block didnt hear anything. Regardless they pryed the door panel apart and tightened all the bolts.

As well they were offering a special on rust proofing for 89.99. Decided to take advantage of that and they were able to squeeze me so I wouldnt have to come back at a later time.

Ill be going back for my services. Thumbs up.
(the sales however im still iffy on it):)