PDA

View Full Version : Intake

Axela121
05-20-2016, 11:17 PM
Got a good question, I am planing on getting an AEM Cold Air Intake but because there will be better airflow would would i need to get a High Pressure fuel pump ?

jeff7670
05-20-2016, 11:44 PM
Don't worry about the fuel pump unless you decide to turbocharge it.

nigvlb_
05-21-2016, 01:52 AM
Got a good question, I am planing on getting an AEM Cold Air Intake but because there will be better airflow would would i need to get a High Pressure fuel pump ?

If you drive a speed3 then you need a SRI not cold air intake. And in that case, yes HPFP is recommended.

If Mz3 then no, HPFP is for the speed3.

McGuyver_3
05-21-2016, 06:16 AM
If you drive a speed3 then you need a SRI not cold air intake. And in that case, yes HPFP is recommended.

If Mz3 then no, HPFP is for the speed3.

You don't "NEED" a short ram for a speed. You can go either way, doesn't make a difference

nigvlb_
05-21-2016, 06:21 AM
You don't "NEED" a short ram for a speed. You can go either way, doesn't make a difference

CAI is a waste of money on turbocharged intercooled vehicles. Plus you're running the unnecessary risk of hydrolocking. Waste of money for no reason imo.

JonsMazda
05-21-2016, 09:14 AM

No need for HPFP. Aesthetically the CAI looks good being there, gives you 1-2hp. Do I regret installing one? Nah! Better than the big plastic box.

McGuyver_3
05-22-2016, 12:02 AM
CAI is a waste of money on turbocharged intercooled vehicles. Plus you're running the unnecessary risk of hydrolocking. Waste of money for no reason imo.

To each their own. I was only stating that you can select either or. In terms of hydrolock, I have driven a car for 3 years with a cold air and lowered. Never had an issue. But don't be fooled, I've seen cars with stock intakes have a hydrolocked engine.

Axela121
05-22-2016, 05:45 PM
I own a 2008 mazda 3 GS model so will that effect anything relating fuel pump or is it ok with the CAI as is ?

Cjcoolen
05-22-2016, 06:27 PM
I own a 2008 mazda 3 GS model so will that effect anything relating fuel pump or is it ok with the CAI as is ?
Lol the pump upgrade is only for the 2.3L MZR engines.

Other words,
Go have fun with that intake sound :D