PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up a CD changer to stock HU

miggiddy
11-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Is it possible to hook up any CD changer to the stock HU? Or would I need to buy something like the ICE unit so that I can control the changer with our HU? I have an older JVC 12disc changer collecting dust and thought what the hell. Thanks...yes I\'m extremely clueless

bluntman
11-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Not ICE, but PIE. :D

Seriously, the PIE module will let you attach an Alpine CD changer since the other connector on the PIE module is an M-Bus connector. If you want to connect another brand of CD changer, you may have to look into getting an FM tramsmitter.

MazdaTree
11-16-2004, 01:59 PM
my friend just bought a 20 gig harddrive for his car that can recieve music wirelessly from his computer its made my fosgate but he hooked it up throught fm modulation and the quality wasnt too good so he thought we hooked it up wrong so he took it to bestbuy to get it done professionally and it still didnt sound good and the guys at best buy told him that Fm modualtors dont work good with our car so he had to buy some aux input crap off the net
so im not too sure if these fm modulators are good with our cars
it sounded like it there was alot of static and between songs when you turn it up all ur hear is loud static

bluntman
11-16-2004, 02:36 PM
^^^ Dude, that is one long sentence!!! j/k

3vil
11-18-2004, 03:18 AM
Your Friend is an Idiot...he wasted all his money and it still doesent sound good.....ok ok...the friend is me ...we did hook it up and it was staticy..the problem is it cant handle bass ....its all distortion...DO NOT waste money on the fm thing ur just gonna have to get the PIE adaptor...it cost me about 111 after shiping and shoud be at my door shortly...as for the hard drive i still love it:D

MAZDA Kitten
11-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by 3vil

Your Friend is an Idiot...he wasted all his money and it still doesent sound good.....ok ok...the friend is me ...we did hook it up and it was staticy..the problem is it cant handle bass ....its all distortion...DO NOT waste money on the fm thing ur just gonna have to get the PIE adaptor...it cost me about 111 after shiping and shoud be at my door shortly...as for the hard drive i still love it:D

are you talking about those MP3 changers? I was thinking of getting one.

Im going crazy with the CD\'s and even worse I cant play my 2 hr Sasha & Digweed DJ sets :(

3vil
11-20-2004, 07:19 PM
O..kkkk....i got the adaptor but how do i install it ....i thought it would be plug and play but i still cant press tape/md....nothing happens.....can neone help ?

bluntman
11-20-2004, 09:34 PM
Press the CD button twice.

3vil
11-20-2004, 09:52 PM
tried that ...not working...im running out of ideas now