PDA

View Full Version : Just got my 3 Sport GT

avid_mz3
11-17-2004, 10:47 PM
Just got my Mazda 3 Sport GT recently. So thought I\'d drop by to see how all the other 3 owners are doing. I\'m thinking about getting some 16\" winter tires though as I\'ve heard the stock tires aren\'t that great. Does anyone here have any good suggestions.

fuey
11-17-2004, 11:07 PM
hey avid,
welcome! i am a newbie here as well. could u share where you bought your m3 from and what you paid OTD for? as for the winter tires question/suggestion..check out the wheels/tires section of the forum..they got alot of threads regarding your question.

Melenium
11-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Hey guys.. welcome to both of you. For tires, check out the tires section as fuey suggested. I\'m still rolling on the stock tires but will be looking into winters pretty soon.

What do you guys think of the car so far? Btw, fuey, do you mean OTR (on the road) instead of OTD?

Cheerio

fuey
11-18-2004, 01:02 AM
OTD = out the door =)

wtom
11-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Hey everyone, welcome, welcome :)

I definitely recommend getting a set of winter tires for the Mazda3... those stock tires are rubbish! I spun my wheels a couple of times last night in the wet weather and I wasn\'t trying to speed or go faster than normal. My car is not even a month old (well, in my ownership at least, the car is a June 04 build). The stock tires I have are the RS-A\'s...

I\'m getting Kumho KW17 with 16\" steelies but it\'s getting late in the season to be looking for good bang-for-the-buck winter tires... the KW17s are out of stock everywhere you look. If not out of stock, the prices are so inflated... our price was originally $670 but I have to now pay $720. :(

FLIPDADY
11-18-2004, 10:42 AM
Welcome to the club. I picked my 3 up late last month with snow\'s already. The Kumho\'s at this time of year are extremely hard to find. Call Steelcase Tire and ask for Jim. He\'ll hook you up with a sweet deal.

avid_mz3
11-18-2004, 01:19 PM
Hey Fuey.. I paid around 27,300 for my 5 door GT. Went pretty far to get it though (Prima Mazda in Woodbridge and I live in Markham).

Melenium, I think the car is great!! The exterior design looks really nice and the interior is excellent compared to other cars in it\'s class.

Thanks for the info about the tires guys. I was actually checking out the 16\" michellin x-ice tires. I know they\'re pretty pricey though. What do you guys think about those? I think i\'ll check out the Kumho KW17 as well. Hope they are not too expensive now.:)

fuey
11-18-2004, 01:25 PM
hey avid,
is ur GT auto or manual? cause if it is auto, it is a sweet deal.
rite now i am still negotiating with dealers around here...i am in markham as well.
also does that include the grad rebate?

fuey
11-18-2004, 01:26 PM
hey flipspeed,
which brand snow tires did u get?

MajesticBlueNTO
11-18-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by fuey

hey flipspeed,
which brand snow tires did u get?

flipspeed got the kumho kw19