PDA

View Full Version : Wind noise with window down?

xxgg
07-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Meant to post this some time ago but kept on forgetting.

Anyways...

So with my new Mazda 3 Sport, I find the wind noise to be so much louder while high way driving with window down.
I usually never put windows down on high way but that is what I have noticed compare to my previous car 05 Civic Sedan.

Not sure if it is noise difference between sedan and hatchback or just how Mazda 3 is designed?

With driver side only fully down... it is very noise as in... again compare to my previous car and there is this... air pulsing noise as well. Opening another window does get rid of the pulsing noise. (So I would assume it is due to design of the car?

Maybe due to side mirror design on increased wind noise at high way speed?

Just wondering how you other drivers feel about the high way speed wind noise with window(s) down?

\

aris
07-04-2016, 08:03 PM
Every car / truck will have wind noise if you have the windows down lol

xxgg
07-04-2016, 08:23 PM
I was just comparing how much more noisy it is compared to my previous car. that is all ;)

CloudPump
07-05-2016, 08:29 AM
I was just comparing how much more noisy it is compared to my previous car. that is all ;)

You're comparing one shape of an object moving through a substance (air) to a completely differently shaped object moving through a substance.

Yes, they will be different.

-Geoff

Booter22
07-05-2016, 04:17 PM
Meant to post this some time ago but kept on forgetting.

Anyways...

So with my new Mazda 3 Sport, I find the wind noise to be so much louder while high way driving with window down.
I usually never put windows down on high way but that is what I have noticed compare to my previous car 05 Civic Sedan.

Not sure if it is noise difference between sedan and hatchback or just how Mazda 3 is designed?

With driver side only fully down... it is very noise as in... again compare to my previous car and there is this... air pulsing noise as well. Opening another window does get rid of the pulsing noise. (So I would assume it is due to design of the car?

Maybe due to side mirror design on increased wind noise at high way speed?

Just wondering how you other drivers feel about the high way speed wind noise with window(s) down?

\

WELL.. your first problem is its not an 05 civic.. lol I mean serious its a different car 100%. even an 05 civic vs a 2016 civic is nothing close and you might find other issues.. so yes I would say im sure its normal and that's just the way it is. I don't know if my 2010 mazda 3 has more or less wind noise when the windows are down compared to my old car or other family cars.. but with the windows down you will get noise. so yea.. um.. :rolleyes :good night smiley

but all that said yes with just 1 front window down there is a pulse to our 2010s usually I crack another window behind whichever side is open.