PDA

View Full Version : Recently purchased a Mazda 3 Sport GT

cstraw
11-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Hi,
just thought I would share my purchase of a 2004 Mazda 3 Sport GT. First, I despise having to pay more for anything than when I can take my time and look for a deal. I had been shopping to replace a dearly loved 1995 Ford Contour SE (transmission problems at 320k km) and started shopping last March in anticipation. I had settled on either the new Mazda 3 or the Toyota Matrix, both great cars in different ways. I had been leaning more towards the Matrix due to its stellar reliabiltiy and better cargo handling than the 3. I enjoyed the Mazda 3\'s driving dynamics even though they were not as good as the Contour, the Matrix much worse but I could live with it. Well a terrific deal presented itself. A woman in Gatineau, QC was looking at getting out of her lease in August (signed in March) and had advertised her Black 5spd Mazda 3 Sport GT, moonroof, loaded (except leather) in the Trader. Her original asking price, $23500. I waited and waited until the ad was no longer published. Just then I called to inquire if she was still interested in selling, fortunately she was. I lowball my offer to her at $18000, to which she counter offers 21500.... we eventually agreed to $19250 cash with 16000km, snow tires and she would pay the GST tax to the dealer. I picked up the car in pristine condition and have enjoyed it now for the past two months. Just goes to show what a little bit of patience and \'shopping around\' can do for your wallet.

Thanks for sharing my purchase story.

Chris

Melenium
11-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Thats a great deal Chris... welcome!

majic
11-23-2004, 11:46 AM
awesome man!!!

wow.. that\'s a lot of patience.. but i guess i\'ve been waiting for mine for a while.. and i can\'t wait to join the crowd with my 3.. so i guess you took over the lease? are you going to buy it out?