PDA

View Full Version : Spider problem

YuukiPunkyHeart
09-22-2016, 09:31 PM
So for almost a week now i keep seeing spiders around my car and last night while driving, i found one crawling on my windshield, like inside the car! Ive read that this has been a problem with mazda. Not sure tho. Anybody experienced this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

YuukiPunkyHeart
09-22-2016, 09:32 PM
I have a 2015 mazda 3 gt.

S.F.W.
09-22-2016, 10:04 PM
I don't think I have heard of that being reported many times previously.
it may have been p-o-g-i years ago...

YuukiPunkyHeart
09-22-2016, 10:08 PM
Its just for me its so dangerous because i have arachnophobia. So i really freak out when i see one.

SKyactivmanny
09-22-2016, 10:15 PM
ive read somewhere that some spiders are attracted to the gas. mazda has had 2 recalls for spiders making nest in the fuel lines.

JonsMazda
09-22-2016, 10:51 PM
You have to hunt down the mother and kill it!! HOWEVER when the weather gets colder, park your car outside and let the spiders freeze to death.

SonicBoy
09-23-2016, 06:12 AM
Always park with all windows up and ensure the Climate controls are switched to off before turning the car off.

Parking the car outside on a hot day with windows up should also kill them off in they are in the interior.

If they nest in the outside mirrors, frequent washing normally removes them.

JonsMazda
09-23-2016, 08:08 AM
DO NOT PARK UNDER BIG TREES! They usually hang down from trees, this is from experience. I had spider issues with my 3 before. When I see one crawling inside the car interior I make a fist and do a Bruce Lee punch!
Always park with all windows up and ensure the Climate controls are switched to off before turning the car off.

Parking the car outside on a hot day with windows up should also kill them off in they are in the interior.

If they nest in the outside mirrors, frequent washing normally removes them.

matty3
09-23-2016, 09:22 AM
My old 07 3 always had these white coloured spiders crawling around. Sometime they would make there way inside. Didn't really bother me, my wife on the other hand..

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Default User
09-23-2016, 09:34 AM
p-o-g-i

Booter22
09-23-2016, 10:43 AM
Its just for me its so dangerous because i have arachnophobia. So i really freak out when i see one.

lol for you its dangerous.. what about the rest of us!? scary to think there are people like this on the road.. next time i see someone jump across lanes at no notice im going to wonder if there was a spider in the car.. anyway if its that bad you should stay home.. i think they have rooms with white padded walls to keep you comfy.

all jokes aside. i dont think there is anything abnormal about it. same reason you find spiders in your house. they just want to enjoy some of the cool stuff you have. i find them in our cars from time to time. on the car all the time. and i must walk through a web at least once a day at home. mind you i am happy we have them in orangeille. we had about 0 mosquitoes this year compared to how heavy they were in brampton.

Default User
09-23-2016, 01:29 PM
The spiders are there to trap and eat all the other bugs in the car.

p-o-g-i
10-08-2016, 12:31 AM
DO NOT PARK UNDER BIG TREES! They usually hang down from trees, this is from experience. I had spider issues with my 3 before. When I see one crawling inside the car interior I make a fist and do a Bruce Lee punch!

+1 about parking under trees

p-o-g-i
10-08-2016, 12:45 AM
I don't think I have heard of that being reported many times previously.
it may have been p-o-g-i years ago...

p-o-g-i

So for me, the issue I had with spiders is that they were just showing up randomly at first. I tried vacuuming the car myself and they still kept coming. Even after getting the car detailed, they still kept showing up. In the end, the way I was able to get rid of them all is by getting my car bug bombed at QEW Mazda. Yes...... but bombed. They need your car for a few hours, and actually do set off a bug bomb in your car.

The nest itself was found in the head liner. I found after i noticed a few dead spiders in my dome light. After pulling down the headliner, i found the small nest.

I came to the conclusion that it probably came about after transporting some parts inside the cabin of my car. I bought a used lip from someone who had it stored in their garage. The lip itself had a few spiders on it which i was under the assumption I got rid of.

Mazda3Life
04-01-2017, 10:35 PM
So for almost a week now i keep seeing spiders around my car and last night while driving, i found one crawling on my windshield, like inside the car! Ive read that this has been a problem with mazda. Not sure tho. Anybody experienced this issue?

My 3 doesn't have an issue but I did have one appear on my sun-visor and drop down while I was on QEW during the summer. :D This is why I always keep clean tissues/napkins in the armrest because you never know what you will need to clean. I calmly told the spider my ride isn't free and if your not going to pay my gas, you have to go... never had an issue after that

Captain Mazda
04-04-2017, 04:18 AM
I had spider problems parking in my parents' driveway surrounded by trees. Haven't seen a single one since moving downtown and parking underground.

Nothing beats punching a fly against the windshield while doing 120 though.

Fuman
04-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Even in the garage, I left my sunroof titled. The next day, I found a picture perfect web between the two front seats. I've had 3-4 spiders in my car from 06 to 2010.

Booter22
04-07-2017, 02:50 PM
this one time i had a spider in my house..

sarujo
04-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Even in the garage, I left my sunroof titled. The next day, I found a picture perfect web between the two front seats. I've had 3-4 spiders in my car from 06 to 2010.

Sounds like it's a good time to get a new car! :chuckle:chuckle

Fuman
04-07-2017, 10:03 PM
Sounds like it's a good time to get a new car! :chuckle:chuckle

The Gen1-Mazda3 is long gone. It was totaled it in 2010. I miss that car.

h2leafs
04-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Nope I've never had a problem with that, sorry OP