PDA

View Full Version : Clean cars

Melenium
11-28-2004, 01:08 AM
Having had the car for just less than 2 weeks I haven\'t had a chance to really wash and wax it. I\'ve been meaning to get a good coat of wax on before winter started, and the warmer weather this afternoon, the rain and snow they\'re calling for later this week and the meet all provided more than adequate motivation to spend 3 hours babying her :)

http://gonka.com/mazda3/04.11.28/shiney1.jpg

Note the trees reflected on the hood and the house in the drivers side window:
http://gonka.com/mazda3/04.11.28/shiney2.jpg

My current avatar: You can make out my sisters car on the door/bumper:
http://gonka.com/mazda3/04.11.28/shiney3.jpg

The jpg compression unfortunately blotches up some of the shineyness (if thats even a word).

I\'m probably not the only one who cleaned before the meet, so lets see some pics :)

majic
11-28-2004, 01:26 AM
nope.. mine came clean from factory :p heh.. dealership rather..

BETRTHNU
11-28-2004, 02:22 AM
I washed mine before I came...but it was a quick wash...and a quick dry on the DVP :p

///M
11-28-2004, 03:28 AM
BETRTHNU: check PM!

I washed mine, shined up the tires and got rid of the brake dust. Didn\'t have time to wax it though.

wtom
11-28-2004, 03:37 AM
Didn\'t have time either, so just swung by a coin car wash to spray down the car with soap and then rinse it off with a second toonie. My gf spent a minute and a half or so trying it out for the first time; she had fun (no we both didn\'t get wet). :D

Dr Butcher
11-28-2004, 06:05 AM
I didn\'t wax my car because I didn\'t really have the time (and I did it before meet #5). I did spend a good hour washing the rims, tires, washing the car and then drying it with a chamois and hitting the windows with a towel. It looked pretty good but not nearly as good as it did when I three stepped it as shown below.

http://ca.geocities.com/cplaht/104_0492resized.jpg

bubba1983
11-28-2004, 08:12 AM
all, the colder months is always the true test form teh real car lovers, from teh car owners...lol....i jus had mine rustproofed on wednesday...so i gave it a few days to leak itself out and about...and i\'m on holidays next week...thats when i will do the full conversion wash...LOL to get it clean again....as for the meet....i was sportin\' some nasty ass almost black rims and car...lol...and i drive a Ti-Grey..

billyfo
11-28-2004, 10:46 AM
just washed from Sunoco at Shep/Midland just before meet, no wax.

super_vixen
11-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Didn\'t wash/wax or even attempt to clean it. I tried for a car wash, but ran out of time.
With a 2 year old at your feet 24/7 I\'m lucky if I have to time alone..let alone being able to get out and wash it.

Although for Meet #6, I stood in the rain that morning and washed the car while I had a chance...

Newlook
11-28-2004, 02:41 PM
A quick spray down at a coin-op then a quick dry on the 401. I wished to have it hand washed and waxed before the snow comes, but haven\'t got a chance to do so yet.

Melenium
11-28-2004, 02:47 PM
How come so many of you guys use the coin-op ones as opposed to the drive-through ones?

Newlook
11-28-2004, 03:02 PM
We\'re all cheap arses :D
I got too many Petro points but they only have softcloth wash :(

Melenium
11-28-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Newlook

We\'re all cheap arses :D

Good reason.. so am I :)

I guess once the salt and snow starts to fly you start using the drive-through no-touch washes so that the underbody gets a good blasting (not something you can really do with the coin-ops, unless you know of something I don\'t).

Newlook
11-28-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Melenium

I guess once the salt and snow starts to fly you start using the drive-through no-touch washes so that the underbody gets a good blasting (not something you can really do with the coin-ops, unless you know of something I don\'t).

You can still spray underneath.

tommy36
11-29-2004, 09:29 PM
I waxed it about a month ago after I got it.....Of course i had to wash it before the meet, also cleaned the entire interior, leather and all, but nobody got to check it out:( . oh well maybe next time. The bad part was driving all the way from Buffalo, i was bombarded with bugs. Now i know why some of you have bug deflectors.....:)

Tom

-RJ3-
11-29-2004, 10:57 PM
I guess you didnt see my car LOL!!!! It had these new vinyls like the ones they use in cop cars....Except when you put it through lights, I made them specially designed so you see the rainspots and dust on it!!!!

HAHAH no I did not clean my car!!!! I wish I did!!!

bubba1983
12-05-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by tommy36

I waxed it about a month ago after I got it.....Of course i had to wash it before the meet, also cleaned the entire interior, leather and all, but nobody got to check it out:( . oh well maybe next time. The bad part was driving all the way from Buffalo, i was bombarded with bugs. Now i know why some of you have bug deflectors.....:)

Tom

i think we were all afraid to approach due to your better half in teh car....i wanted to take a closer look myself personally...but i was intimidated!

swales
12-07-2004, 09:30 AM
I washed my car by hand on Sun, man was it cold :(

MazdaTree
12-07-2004, 01:13 PM
im always so lazy now i jus go to a carwash, the insides gettin crummy i gotta vaccum or maybe ill jus wait till spring