PDA

View Full Version : Leather seat covers over heated seats

Kaelito
01-05-2017, 10:42 PM
Hi guys, I'm planning to put on leather seat coversion on my '16 Mazda 3 GS (with premium cloth interior and heated seats). My question is, would the leather seat cover get burned by the heater from the seats? Thanks in advance!

TheMAN
01-06-2017, 02:03 AM
no
the stock leather seats are also heated

Kaelito
01-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Okay. Thanks!!!

gh1977
01-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Make sure that any cover you put on doesn't restrict the side airbags

gta_driver
01-16-2017, 01:13 PM
Try wearing leather pants. If they don't melt, you're good!

Joke aside, the seat doesn't use surface temperature to measure how much to heat the seat up. You will likely have slightly reduced heat due to the covers acting as insulation, but shoulnd't be too much.

Kaelito
01-16-2017, 05:26 PM
Try wearing leather pants. If they don't melt, you're good!

Joke aside, the seat doesn't use surface temperature to measure how much to heat the seat up. You will likely have slightly reduced heat due to the covers acting as insulation, but shoulnd't be too much.

Well, so far my leather underwear hasn't melted. Haven't tried it with the pants though. Hahaha! Just kidding.
I thought of that acting as an insulation which can diminish the heat emitted by the seat. I thought of this so I could protect the seats but might have to stick with the oem coversion.

Thanks for your feedback!

gta_driver
01-19-2017, 09:43 PM
If you just want leather seats, try calling up some junk yards and see how much the seats (in good condition) go for. You can probably get them from model years 2014 through 2016.