PDA

View Full Version : GPS/Nav pocket thingy?

K Dawg ONE
11-30-2004, 06:12 PM
Hey guys
I know that the US modle gets the Nav system as an option, but, our modles dont even get the \'pocket\' thing that the US modles do.
Can any of the GTA dealerships get this trim piece? Has anyone installed? What is the price from a US dealership?
Any help is appreciated!
~Dawg

billyfo
11-30-2004, 06:15 PM
I don\'t think dealer will help you to install US spec GPS, too much wiring???

I also interested Garmin GPS, it selling about $1200, and there is a store at Steeles and HWY 27 has it, I will go to have a look when I have $$$

K Dawg ONE
11-30-2004, 06:20 PM
No no...i dont want the GPS, i just want the \'pop-up\' trim pocket piece thingy (like on a Sentra or WRX...I think the 6 has just the pocket if no Nav, correct? )

billyfo
11-30-2004, 06:59 PM
damn, didn\'t read clear, too sleeepy

you may ask Joe (Flipspeed) from Avante TO. but I think the dash top is in one piece???, so you have to cut it or changing the whole piece. If just the center piece can be changed, then it will much cheaper to do it.

bubba1983
12-01-2004, 05:05 AM
soudns like somebody is wantin to install a monitor of some kind....?

fat mike
12-01-2004, 10:57 AM
Ahh this is somthing I looked into alot before. basically you can order the pop up screen pocket thingy. the only catch to that one is you have to get it wiht the screen. This cost about $1500 canadian :( Also to do the complete Nav setup for our canadian cars you would be looking at around $3500 canadian plus install. I am still hoping the an aftermarket company designs a pocket or monitor holder for our cars at a good price. but most likely it wont happen :(

FLIPDADY
12-01-2004, 04:28 PM
The direct fit screen panel will run you $2900. Add the control panel and wiring and you\'re in the $6000 range. I\'d get the Garmin dash mounted unit. I saw one at Target in Michigan for $300 U.S. including the mount.

K Dawg ONE
12-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED
I\'d get the Garmin dash mounted unit. I saw one at Target in Michigan for $300 U.S. including the mount.

The what now?

ng3
12-02-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by billyfo

but I think the dash top is in one piece???, so you have to cut it or changing the whole piece. If just the center piece can be changed, then it will much cheaper to do it.

The dash is in 3 pieces, the middle one being so easy to remove..

1. Remove the accent strip (carbon fiber or black) by opening the glove box, and pulling on the lower part of it... then move towards the stereo and take out from that end. WARNING: Do not take out the passenger side first because it has a weird connector that can break.

2. On top of the HU you will see 4 screws... Unscrew the top ones than pull up the middle plastic panel...

3. Disconnect the hazard light connector and continue to pull the rest of the piece out... it\'s only held by clips

K Dawg ONE
12-02-2004, 02:34 PM
^^^yup, thats what I figured...now, only to find that piece without the Nav...