PDA

View Full Version : Hairline Crack Windshield

muchikori
02-23-2017, 12:43 PM
Recently, my dad came home with a 10in hairline crack on his Windshield and is looking to repair it.

Does anyone have an experience with this? or any recommendation?

I got Wind Auto Glass quote me for $50 but i am not sure of the quality as my dad wants no trace of the crack after the repair.

CloudPump
02-23-2017, 03:26 PM
You can repair chips, not cracks.

-Geoff

Jackal
02-23-2017, 08:50 PM
10 inches is too long (that's what she said). Get it replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muchikori
02-23-2017, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. Yeah he's planning to replace it now. Do you know a good place he could have it replaced?
CloudPump Jackal

Jackal
02-23-2017, 11:23 PM
Pedro
Speedee Gonzales
(416) 908-8526

Mobile so can come to your location. Great prices for cheaper or oem glass.

McGuyver_3
02-24-2017, 07:22 AM
Pedro
Speedee Gonzales
(416) 908-8526

Mobile so can come to your location. Great prices for cheaper or oem glass.

Please get yourself an OEM glass (st Gobain, PGW etc etc) because if you get a cheap no name glass they will have a very shitty production and you will have "waves" spots in the glass.

muchikori
02-24-2017, 09:16 AM
Jackal and McGuyver_3

Thanks for the tips guys. And thanks for recommending Speedee. Will call him today and hopefully we get a good price.

morganc
02-24-2017, 01:41 PM
The usual word of caution from glass shops is that if it's smaller than a loonie, then filling it is no problem, otherwise replace the windshield. It's a structural and safety component of your car and 10in sounds to big to fill. Find a small private windshield place (they can usually do it much cheaper than the Speedy's and Apples). Crack filling never guarantees having no trace of it afterwards, btw.

muchikori
02-24-2017, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the reply morganc i'll be sure to remember that. It's our first time getting cracks in the windshield (usually it's a pretty big accident)

Also UPDATE:

I called Pedro he's coming in tomorrow @9:30am to have my dad's windshield replaced. Thanks everyone for your input :)

TheMAN
02-25-2017, 10:04 PM
Please get yourself an OEM glass (st Gobain, PGW etc etc) because if you get a cheap no name glass they will have a very shitty production and you will have "waves" spots in the glass.

The OEM one on the 3rd gen is NSG, IIRC... there is no OES aftermarket replacement, closest is Pilkington (owned by NSG)
The OEM (Mazda) glass isn't too expensive anyway