PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Mazda 3 GT Battery Tray Removal

Mazda Lew
03-26-2017, 03:14 PM
Hi Guys,
Recently purchased a 2010 Mazda 3 GT, upon inspection of the engine bay, I did notice a lot of battery acid build up on the terminals along with the bottom of the battery tray being quite dirty as well !! I'm thinking of removing the complete battery tray and cleaning (neutralizing) all the acid build-up on the tray itself and purchasing a new battery ! Is removing this complete tray going to be a problem? It looks like there are 3-4 bolts securing the bottom portion of the battery tray and it should come rite-out ? Is there anything I should be aware of OR any other disconnects that will get in the way of removing this dirty battery tray ? Thanx !!!

Teh_baje
03-26-2017, 04:21 PM
Hi Guys,
Recently purchased a 2010 Mazda 3 GT, upon inspection of the engine bay, I did notice a lot of battery acid build up on the terminals along with the bottom of the battery tray being quite dirty as well !! I'm thinking of removing the complete battery tray and cleaning (neutralizing) all the acid build-up on the tray itself and purchasing a new battery ! Is removing this complete tray going to be a problem? It looks like there are 3-4 bolts securing the bottom portion of the battery tray and it should come rite-out ? Is there anything I should be aware of OR any other disconnects that will get in the way of removing this dirty battery tray ? Thanx !!!
Nothing​ to be worried about, go ahead with your cleaning.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mazda Lew
03-26-2017, 05:16 PM
Nothing​ to be worried about, go ahead with your cleaning.

Is taking out the battery tray easy ? Looks like 3 bolts on the bottom ? Thanx !

Teh_baje
03-26-2017, 05:36 PM
Is taking out the battery tray easy ? Looks like 3 bolts on the bottom ? Thanx !
Yup, that's all there is to it