PDA

View Full Version : Touchless/Railless Car Wash Listing

Xenon
12-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Know of a good Touchless, Railless Car Wash? List it here!

bluntman
12-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Sunoco - Carville Rd/16th Ave east of Dufferin

MajesticBlueNTO
12-03-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

I live just south of there.

Esso - Thornhill Woods Drive and Hwy 7 (east of Dufferin)

Sunoco - Markham Rd North of Denison (across the street from the new Crappy Tire)

Esso - Woodlawn and Niagara St, Welland, ON :p

rbart4506
12-03-2004, 07:10 AM
anyone know of a Petro-Canada station in the Burlington/Hamilton area that has a touchless wash?? I got a $50 Petro-Canada cash card with my Michelin Ice-X winter tires and I had thought of using the money for washes through the winter. Only problem is I\'ve only seen soft cloth washes at the Petro-Canada\'s around my office....No soft cloth for me....

Rich

Xenon
12-05-2004, 10:03 PM
Sunoco - Winston Churchill, between Eglington and Hwy. 403. Mississauga.

zRqTz
12-12-2004, 08:19 PM
ESSO on Don Mills / Eglinton

dinu01
12-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Esso - Morningside/Sheppard - downside: VERY busy!!!

wtom
01-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Not sure if GOOD but my first Touchless/Railless;

Esso north west corner of Woodbine Avenue and Steeles Avenue East in Markham.

Newlook
01-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by rbart4506

anyone know of a Petro-Canada station in the Burlington/Hamilton area that has a touchless wash?? I got a $50 Petro-Canada cash card with my Michelin Ice-X winter tires and I had thought of using the money for washes through the winter. Only problem is I\'ve only seen soft cloth washes at the Petro-Canada\'s around my office....No soft cloth for me....

Rich

All I\'ve seen with Petro is soft cloth wash.

Canadian Tire has touchless Simoniz wash, all newer Esso I\'ve seen have touchless wash.

CT - Britannia/Mavis, Dundas/Trafalgar
Esso - 3rd/Speers

///M
01-14-2005, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by zRqTz
ESSO on Don Mills / Eglinton

I always go to that one. On my wwy downtown or on the way back. It\'s almost right next to the DVP.

MAZDA3_MIKE
01-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

Originally posted by bluntman

I live just south of there.

Esso - Thornhill Woods Drive and Hwy 7 (east of Dufferin)

Sunoco - Markham Rd North of Denison (across the street from the new Crappy Tire)

Esso - Woodlawn and Niagara St, Welland, ON :p

welland who the hell wants to go there :hoho the best car wash in welland is right beside the old farr ford dealer ship . i drive from fort erie just to use this car wash .

MajesticBlueNTO
01-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by MAZDA3_MIKE

welland who the hell wants to go there :hoho the best car wash in welland is right beside the old farr ford dealer ship . i drive from fort erie just to use this car wash .

i work in welland during the week....been there for almost a year. where exactly is that car wash? :D

MAZDA3_MIKE
01-20-2005, 01:24 AM
if you know where timmies on east main st is ( right by the tunnel) turn right on that street as if you where going to timmies (sorry dont know the name ? heading the backway to the seaway mall) . there is also the old zellers and the canadain tire building there . anyways follow that street untill you hit the stop sign , turn left its on your right hand side ( many new fords parked around it ) go around the back . just a note dont use the 8.00 wash the 7.00 one is the same . happy washing

kl7402001
01-20-2005, 07:45 PM
wtf? ... then y is it 8.00 ?

MAZDA3_MIKE
01-21-2005, 12:33 AM
i dont know why its so much but it works well thats all i care :D

FLIPDADY
01-21-2005, 11:48 AM
If your car has a lot of salt on it opt for the soft cloth during the wash. I went to the Esso at Yonge/Steeles paid my $8.99(with gas purchase, $10.00 w/o)and it took off all the salt and crap off the car. I always remove the antenna mast too.

Xenon
01-27-2005, 09:12 PM
I find Sunoco\'s Eco-Wash does an excellent job in cleaning my car. It\'s also touchless (no scratches) and railless (Saves the rims). :D

Ex-Rolla
02-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Sunoco wash @ Red Maple and HWY 7 (close to yonge & 7) does a really good job. If you get the \"super\" wash it does 2 cycles of soap then one cycle of some colourful foam thing that smells really nice :D , but also cleans well ;) ... in all that spray arm passes 5 times before you finish. It\'s been open for just over a month.

black305
02-13-2005, 04:11 PM
For people a little further south:

Esso @ Danforth & Victoria Park - 24 hrs!!!

triplezoom
02-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Touchless:
Sunoco (14th and McCowan)
Shell (16th and McCowan)

Both do the job pretty good.

wtom
02-20-2005, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by triplezoom

Touchless:
Shell (16th and McCowan)

They both use rails though! :(

triplezoom
02-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by wtom

Originally posted by triplezoom

Touchless:
Shell (16th and McCowan)

They both use rails though! :(

Note they are under the \'touchless\' category only wtom :p, heheh. Sry, its just that I havent found any railess around my area yet :(.

AFbunnie
03-13-2005, 06:59 PM
There\'s also a pretty good one at Dufferin and Finch. (It\'s an Esso if I remember correctly..) You juss drive your car in and the power washer goes around your car.. It does a pretty good job.

iconicrocket
05-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Anyone know of a railless/touchless car wash downtown? I\'m going to try one.

Krakilin
06-19-2005, 01:54 AM
Woodbine and 16th, Railless+Touchless... I don\'t remember if it cleans under your car though, but it certainly doesn\'t clean wheels very well.

jdanielsg
08-24-2005, 09:24 AM
When u guys mention railess doe it mean it doesnt have that thing that drags your car ?? I am not an expert but Sunoco has a touchless wash on Steeles, weast of Warden. I know its touchless for sure.. but not sure wat the rails refer to. I am guessing it does have rails....but I am not sure. anyone ?

wtom
08-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by jdanielsg

When u guys mention railess doe it mean it doesnt have that thing that drags your car ??

Correct :)

jdanielsg
08-24-2005, 01:29 PM

When u guys mention railess doe it mean it doesnt have that thing that drags your car ??

Correct :)

icic i havent seen any around, I guess thats why those listed all seem to be far far away LOL

wtom
08-24-2005, 02:30 PM

icic i havent seen any around, I guess thats why those listed all seem to be far far away LOL

The railed car wash enclosures/garage seem a bit longer (physically) than the railless ones. Usually the railless enclosures are about two car lengths long. The railed washes are obviously longer.

jdanielsg
08-24-2005, 03:15 PM

The railed car wash enclosures/garage seem a bit longer (physically) than the railless ones. Usually the railless enclosures are about two car lengths long. The railed washes are obviously longer.

Icic. So if its not railed then wat ? U have to drive urself slowly thru the car wash ?

wtom
08-24-2005, 03:21 PM

Icic. So if its not railed then wat ? U have to drive urself slowly thru the car wash ?

LOL no no, you just park your car and the wash arm goes around your car a few times (soap, clear coat protectant, rinse, etc.). There are sensors that signal when you need to stop or reverse if necessary. Then you slowly drive through the exit where high-power heated fans air-dry your car.

Which main intersection are you nearby?

jdanielsg
08-24-2005, 03:35 PM

LOL no no, you just park your car and the wash arm goes around your car a few times (soap, clear coat protectant, rinse, etc.). There are sensors that signal when you need to stop or reverse if necessary. Then you slowly drive through the exit where high-power heated fans air-dry your car.

Which main intersection are you nearby?

oh ic, so the thing moves around u, thats interesting LOL never had that b4. I am at Yonge/Finch btw.. I am moving to Ottawa on Monday LOL

wtom
08-24-2005, 05:54 PM

oh ic, so the thing moves around u, thats interesting LOL never had that b4. I am at Yonge/Finch btw.. I am moving to Ottawa on Monday LOL

I\'m pretty sure Blottawa has\'em too unless the Sens stole all the funds to try and get a better goalie :D j/k!!!

What\'s the Shell car wash station at Bayview and Sheppard? Railless/Touchless or other?

jdanielsg
08-24-2005, 09:35 PM

I\'m pretty sure Blottawa has\'em too unless the Sens stole all the funds to try and get a better goalie :D j/k!!!

What\'s the Shell car wash station at Bayview and Sheppard? Railless/Touchless or other?

no idea man

elt09
08-25-2005, 10:45 AM

touchless, with a rail

jdanielsg
08-26-2005, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by elt09

touchless, with a rail

i dunt think they even have the touch ones anymore... unless at old places most places r touchless with rails.

ariini
08-28-2005, 09:56 AM
wow i forgot they even had carwashes that touch and with rails that drag you through!

Touchless/Railless
Kingston Rd/Guildwood Pkwy - ESSO

akherad
09-26-2005, 01:21 PM
ESSO:

Finch and Dufferin
Yonge and Steels

commish171
10-08-2005, 10:56 AM
If you\'re in Brampton...

Esso has a touchless wash at the corner of Mountainash and Bovaird. $9.62 for the best wash.

Hanif
11-09-2005, 11:52 AM
If you live near the Etobicoke/Mississauga border area, there is a touchless/railess car was located at Derry/Rexwood (Esso). That\'s where I go :)

malam
11-09-2005, 01:26 PM
If you are in the Pickering area - Esso Gas Station on Liverpool and the Canadian Tire Gas Station on Brock Road both have Touchfree/Railless car wash.

al01
12-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Krakilin

Woodbine and 16th, Railless+Touchless... I don\'t remember if it cleans under your car though, but it certainly doesn\'t clean wheels very well.

where is itt??

Zaku_4
12-23-2005, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by al01

Originally posted by Krakilin

where is itt??

lol the esso u mofo, its def touchless, but railess i dunno =D

uranub :hoho

AXCL
01-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Has anyone else had experience with the touchless Esso wash @ Davenport / Dupont? Tried the \"Protection\" wash on the weekend. It Sucked. My windows were still dirty. So much for Touchless. It has a flap with wheels you have to go under at the dryer. I went through extremely slow to prevent it from touching the car, when it reached the end of my roof there wasn\'t enough air pressure to keep it off the car and it bounced off of my trunk. No damage, but it hit it pretty hard. I wouldn\'t want to do it with the raised spoiler. There also isn\'t any discount off the wash for buying gas.

The standard wash (mid one) at DonMills and Eglinton cleaned my car much better.

fourtrack78
01-24-2006, 02:48 PM
The shell at mccowan and 16th fine but i have a problem with the back of the car (Hatch). all around is fine, but then i look at the back and dirt is still there. I don\'t want to go to a soft cloth. (don\'t want swirls in the paint). And i don\'t want to use the bursh from the coin wash. which car wash cleans the back well, other then a coin wash.

bRANDO
02-04-2006, 10:55 AM
For you south Mississauga(ers)(ians) or Port Credit boys/girls, Esso Lakeshore rd W just past the credit river! touchless / railless.. Best time is firday after 3 or so, right after maintenance, if u catch them while there still there, free car wash!!

vortex-5
03-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Touchless & Railess
For Downtown T.O. South End

Adelaide St W & Strachan Ave

MAP (\"http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Adelaide+St+W+%26+Strachan+Ave,+T oronto,+ON,+Canada&ll=43.643343,-79.405189&spn=0.014783,0.043259\")

It\'s about $10 for the \"super\" and I belive $8.00 for the regular they clean the underbody as well as do some protectant / wax for the super.

They are next to a car rental place.

In addition it\'s the only carwash that I\'ve found that I didn\'t have to remove the mast since the blower is very high up and doesn\'t blow on your car while you exit (it blows your car as part of the standard wash sequence so the blower spins around your car).

Pimpin_29y
03-29-2006, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Rolla

Sunoco wash @ Red Maple and HWY 7 (close to yonge & 7) does a really good job. If you get the \"super\" wash it does 2 cycles of soap then one cycle of some colourful foam thing that smells really nice :D , but also cleans well ;) ... in all that spray arm passes 5 times before you finish. It\'s been open for just over a month.

I went to that location today and it\'s probably the best \"gas station\" wash I\'ve ever had! Gotta love the railless!! :D

skunk2
03-29-2006, 09:07 AM
markham and ellesmere esso, newly built.
i believe it\'s railless and touchless.

Dvas_Romeo
08-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Has anyone had any experience with a car wash at a Pioneer gas station? I was told these are also touchless and really good but I have yet to try myself.

///M
04-14-2007, 08:37 PM
There was one at downtown at Dupont/Bedford (Esso) but they recently added rails to it (supposedly because some people couldn't drive properly and kept hitting the wash) - bastards! http://www.fmvperformance.com/forum_items/Smileys/default/madcrazy.gif My car wouldn't clear the newly-added rails, and they were not willing to refund my wash. http://www.fmvperformance.com/forum_items/Smileys/default/madcrazy.gif

WildEmu
04-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Don't think this one has been posted, but Touchless/Railless Sunoco at Bayview and 7th

royroy
04-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Don't think this one has been posted, but Touchless/Railless Sunoco at Bayview and 7th
i saw a M3 stucked in that wash yesterday.. lol

roadrunner
05-30-2007, 01:55 AM
How about any in the North York region, like Yonge & Sheppard area???

argos
06-02-2007, 12:47 PM
How about any in the North York region, like Yonge & Sheppard area???

+1

any???

btw, can OP copy+paste all the ones mentioned into the first post so it's easier to refer to? Pleaseeee... Thanks :)

argos
06-09-2007, 02:58 AM
uh oh...forgot to use the edit button again...

to add on to the list...

i believe McNicoll/VicPark and Woodbine/Steels has a railless/touchless wash (both are Esso Station)

never been to either one, i was just informed by a friend.

Crimson
06-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Shell - Leslie & Wellingston St. (Just off the 404 to the left)

Railless/Touchless..does an awesome job. Very busy at times...I've waited over 45minutes for a wash a few times. (Only with a copy of Maxim to pass the time).

Crimson

asif9t9
07-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Not too many listed in Mississauga and Oakville. I work at Mavis/ Burnhamthorpe, and live in Oakville. Any recommendations?

raggs
11-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Since last weekend was probably the last chance to wash mine at home, can anyone recommend a good touchless wash in the Oakville/Burlington/West Mississauga area?

asif9t9
11-06-2007, 10:37 AM
I've been using the Canadian Tire one at Dundas and Trafalgar.

raggs
11-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks asif9t9, I'll check it out soon. Can you use Crappy Tire money to pay for the wash?

blk_muzda
11-06-2007, 12:56 PM
If I'm lowered 1.5", you guys have experience whether I can make it into railed car washes?

///M
11-06-2007, 02:03 PM
There was one at downtown at Dupont/Bedford (Esso) but they recently added rails to it (supposedly because some people couldn't drive properly and kept hitting the wash) - bastards! http://www.fmvperformance.com/forum_items/Smileys/default/madcrazy.gif My car wouldn't clear the newly-added rails, and they were not willing to refund my wash. http://www.fmvperformance.com/forum_items/Smileys/default/madcrazy.gif

After scouting a few more locations, it appears that most Esso stations have since added rails to their (previously) railless washes. http://www.fmvperformance.com/forum_items/Smileys/default/madcrazy.gif

Xerox
11-06-2007, 02:12 PM
After scouting a few more locations, it appears that most Esso stations have since added rails to their (previously) railless washes. http://www.fmvperformance.com/forum_items/Smileys/default/madcrazy.gif

OMG! Say it aint so. Hopefully the one near my place is still railless.
Wonder why they added the rails? Maybe some drivers couldn't stop properly in the stalls?

SP33D 3
11-06-2007, 02:15 PM
if its possible i think this thread should be divided into areas... its kinda annoying looking through 3 pages to find a touchless carwash in any given area you're travelling to

leslie and lawrence... think its an esso

///M
11-14-2007, 04:04 PM
OMG! Say it aint so. Hopefully the one near my place is still railless.
Wonder why they added the rails? Maybe some drivers couldn't stop properly in the stalls?

Of all the cars...I once saw a Ferrari 360 HIT the car wash while driving in. My car doesn't clear the rails and even if it did I doubt my fat 245 tires in the back would fit between them.

Where are you located? The only location I know of that is still railless is near downtown at Lakeshore/Leslie.

garboui
11-14-2007, 09:41 PM
appleby ln. and dundas(5).

its in with the petrocan on the north east corner and ts called the glide.

its rail'less and you can customize your wash. one nice feature is that you can choose before you go in weather you want touchless or not. when you pull up , you stop just before the entrance and it takes a scan of your car so it knows how big it is.

WhiteZoomZoom
11-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Anyone tried the Sunoco @ Major Mack / Mccowan? is that railess and touchless?? and is it good?

Xerox
12-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Where are you located? The only location I know of that is still railless is near downtown at Lakeshore/Leslie.

I checked and the following are still touchless/railless:
Esso @ Victoria Park & McNicoll (blow dryers roll over your car on exit - it broke off my stubby once :complain)
Esso @ Kennedy & Finch (blow dryers do not touch your car)

chunkinstien
12-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Markham & Lawrence Shell has a fairly new touchless/rail less wash.

Since they refurbed it, it's ok. Just drive slow through the dryer , as sometimes it left a lot of water dripping off.

If you use a Telus Cell phone , keep an eye for coupons with your bill. (got a buy a wash get a delux for free)

Tokic_o
12-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Any touchless and railess near kennedy and Hwy7? The one I use (Mccowan and 16th) is touchless but it has rails lol

tweak_s
12-04-2007, 03:42 AM
Haven't read all the posts so it might've been posted, but I always use the Red Maple/HWY 7 Sunoco. Railless and IMO, does a great job.

cwp_sedan
12-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Haven't read all the posts so it might've been posted, but I always use the Red Maple/HWY 7 Sunoco. Railless and IMO, does a great job.

+1

It's worth the drive to go up there. Sunoco is a bit $$$ though unfortunately.

Flagrum_3
12-16-2007, 01:33 PM
For those in South Scarborough;

Esso @ St.Clair & Danforth...Touchless/Railess, pretty good dryer, also undercar spray.
Shell @ Kingston Rd. east of McCowan...Touchless/Railess, pretty good dryer. also underspray.

both $7.99 with fuel

_3

b3GS
12-18-2007, 04:41 PM
http://retail.petro-canada.ca/images/general/Glide.gif
http://retail.petro-canada.ca/en/formycar/142.aspx

Do you drive a Mini, a Hummer or anything in between? Try our new advanced Glide Auto Wash. Just drive on to the Park ’n Glide conveyor and choose: Touchless or ClothClean; then with the GlideForCarLovers* option, you can customize the right wash for your vehicle.

* 845 Burloak Drive, Oakville, Ont., L6M 4J7 (Burloak and South of QEW)
* 4525 Dundas Street, Burlington, Ont., L7R 3X4 (Dundas and Appleby)
* Opening soon: 375 Mountainview Road, Georgetown, Ont., L7G 5X3

srbin
12-21-2007, 11:32 AM
how about high park area? i checked out few places but my hatch stays dirty every single time...

zedtech
12-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Sunoco is a bit $$$ though unfortunately.
Until the end of the month, Sunoco is offering 50% off their EcoWash Touchless Car Washes w/ a min. 25L fill-up. Details in the PDF below.

https://www.sunoco.ca/data/1/rec_docs/262_2007ChristmasEcoWash.pdf

WeatherB
12-30-2007, 04:32 PM
I checked and the following are still touchless/railless:
Esso @ Victoria Park & McNicoll (blow dryers roll over your car on exit - it broke off my stubby once :complain)
Esso @ Kennedy & Finch (blow dryers do not touch your car)

Went to the Esso @ Kennedy & Finch today... The carwas didn't really clean the car. The car was still dirty even after complaining and going through a second time.

Came home and washed by hand. :bang

Speedy2008
01-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Does anyone know if the Esso touchless car wash at 150 dupont st. in toronto has rails? I want to take my Speed 3 to this location but I don't want to get stuck or cause damage.

FONZ
01-20-2008, 08:04 PM
A really good place is at my work, Dixie and Eglington, Beside's the fact that I get them for free:P I've recommended some people to try it out, and they got good results. Usually, if you're not satisfied with your wash, you ask them and they'll give you a re wash, if after that you're still not happy, they give u an extra one! =)

bluntman
01-21-2008, 07:38 AM
Slightly off-topic, but has anyone passed by the Sunoco at Dufferin and Wilson? There are signs reading "Touchless Soft Cloth Car Wash".

Ex-Rolla
01-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Slightly off-topic, but has anyone passed by the Sunoco at Dufferin and Wilson? There are signs reading "Touchless Soft Cloth Car Wash".

lol that makes PERFECT sense...

some washes give you a choice, similar to the one at ESSO located at yonge and steeles...

but then it should read:
Touchless/soft cloth
or
Touchless or soft cloth..

ahh you know what i mean

stugautz
01-28-2008, 09:01 AM
A really good place is at my work, Dixie and Eglington, Beside's the fact that I get them for free:P I've recommended some people to try it out, and they got good results. Usually, if you're not satisfied with your wash, you ask them and they'll give you a re wash, if after that you're still not happy, they give u an extra one! =)

Where do you work? I'm close to that area and need a car wash!

kaval
01-28-2008, 05:31 PM
There is a touchless wash at the Shell on the South-East corner of Derry Rd. and Highway 10 (aka Hurontario Street).

Aggy
05-10-2008, 05:34 PM
I went by the wash at Esso at Dufferin and Finch and it was out of order...the guy never told me until AFTER I bought gas. I then went to Dufferin/Wilson to the Sunoco where it said Carwash: $5.99 w/gas purchase. Of course, I just filled up and w/out gas, the price was $10.99. No car wash today. Gonna rain tomorrow anyways!

Red
08-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Hi. I am new to all this. What do you mean when you say railless?. I went through a touchless wash yesterday for the first time, the only thing it had was the the rail that the tire goes over, is this what you are referring to?.
Anyways, I paid $13 and went through the wash, the car was not cleaned all that well. The body work was soso but the rims were not touched at all. I went and complained and I have to go back to see the manager. I ended up having to go home and do my rims.
This wash was at Port Union/Kingston Road.

Red...

Cozwell
08-03-2008, 10:40 AM
I hate those automatic washes - I prefer the coinops

kw

Shipton
08-27-2008, 08:07 AM
Went to the Morningside/Sheppard one last night... (saw two modded 3's there on that note).

...price has gone up ~$1.50, and it left residue all over my car. Lame.

felixwong
01-04-2009, 11:04 PM
I think the esso at 16th and buroak... *north of 16th & macowan* has one as well......

bunchi
01-06-2009, 12:27 AM
i got my car exactly one year today, and i have never been to a automatic car wash.. i just don't find them clean. the car might look clean, but it's not...

Ogata
01-16-2009, 12:03 AM
anyone know if Petro provides touchless around the Scarborough / Markham area? The ones I've been to only provide the soft brush one and I tried Esso's which was not bad. However, I have petro points to fart out!

_3G
02-11-2009, 09:29 AM
The touchless never really gets my car clean...there is always a film left.

MistaChin
02-11-2009, 12:08 PM
I only use touchless if im in a rush. But if you need your car cleaned right, you gotta do it yourself! ....or get Kaval to do it lol

Milton Smiths
03-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Kaval,

The one at hwy 10 and Derry - does it have the rails?

Milton Smiths
03-24-2009, 03:13 PM
While I'm at it - Does anyone know of a touchless / railless in the Milton area?

dj_chinaman2097
03-24-2009, 04:10 PM
If you're lowered and in Etobicoke:

I had trouble getting onto the rails at the Sunocco on East Mall and Queensway. At the time I didn't know there was a slight ramp up to the wash entrance, so the bottom of my car kept scraping the rail until the grade levelled out. Plus it's only soft cloth, not touchless. There was also some green goop or soap on parts of my car afterward.

The Shell on Hwy 7 by Boulevard Vaughn Valley is railess and ok. The first time I went through it wasn't so clean so I showed the station attendant and he let me go through again.

But in Mississauga/Oakville:

I've never had an issue with the Sunocco at Winston Churchill and Sherwood Heights Dr. An attendant always comes out from the wash to ask if you want soft cloth or touchless. I go through this wash biweekly during the winter.

ardeep
03-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Kaval,

The one at hwy 10 and Derry - does it have the rails?

There is a Petro on mississauga road and 407 as rail less but conveyered Glide car wash with selection for touchless or touch which ever you want.

Anrky
03-24-2009, 06:39 PM
I usually hit up the Sunoco on Britannia and McLauchlan, also they have a deal on right now, buy 3(of any type) and get one free... so $12 car washes for $9 for me this summer.

Any better deals out there on touchless car washes?

whiteomega
03-25-2009, 01:37 PM
I've been using the Petro Glide washes recently; been fairly impressed with them. They're a conveyered system, like ardeep mentioned. i've been pretty satisfied with them. they clear a queue of cars faster than the Sunoco touchless ones, and do a pretty decent job....

...as long as you follow the directions..don't do what some idiot chinese driver did...i was drying my car, and the guy drove all the way past the start of the conveyor, ignoring the big red and white flashing STOP sign on the 46" tv next to the entrance..

SirWanker
04-17-2009, 03:42 PM
I usually hit up the Sunoco on Britannia and McLauchlan, also they have a deal on right now, buy 3(of any type) and get one free... so $12 car washes for $9 for me this summer.

Any better deals out there on touchless car washes?

More info:

http://www.sunoco.ca/retail_detail.asp?station_id=38867

touchless/rail-less tunnel-type open 24/7
to enter the secured cleaning area you need the 6-digit code on your receipt.
slowly drive in ( I do mean SLOWLY) to take advantage of the initial rinse
shift into park
enjoy the water show
slowly drive out to take advantage of the drying wind tunnel.

Still $12/wash

SirWanker
04-17-2009, 03:46 PM
they clear a queue of cars faster than the Sunoco touchless ones, and do a pretty decent job....

...as long as you follow the directions..don't do what some idiot chinese driver did...i was drying my car, and the guy drove all the way past the start of the conveyor, ignoring the big red and white flashing STOP sign on the 46" tv next to the entrance..

dumb ass probably did not understand english. I'm asian too and I can't stand the rudeness of some of these idiots

Ante
09-28-2009, 07:56 PM
I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but there's a Touchless/Railless car wash in Pickering, just south of Liverpool Rd. and Kingston Rd. (Hwy.2) at the ESSO station. Hope this helps those in Pickering or surrounding area.

notoriousb
09-29-2009, 09:46 PM
anyone know if Petro provides touchless around the Scarborough / Markham area? The ones I've been to only provide the soft brush one and I tried Esso's which was not bad. However, I have petro points to fart out!

Markham
4641 Highway 7, at Kennedy Road (Map)

PETRO GLIDE CARWASH

mazdaskit
10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Just a question i haven't used a touch less since i put my eye lids & grill because of one scratching it some how & my eye lids getting blown off... Can anyone help me lol because winter is coming & im gonna have to use them

SKYMP3
10-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Mississauga Area

I went to both Shell touchless and railless on Erindale Station/Burnhamthrope and Eglinton/Creditview, but everytime my car get out from the wash, I can still see dirt on the hood and rear bumper and if I swap it with a mat, my mat is all grey......and the dryer time is too short, like 50 sec.....but is not long enough to dry out the car.

Is Esso a better wash than Shell?

I used Shell because I use my Airmiles and able to use the top Ultimate wash.

Piru
10-03-2009, 11:40 PM
I tried petro canada's glide wash for the first time at the kennedy & hwy 7 location. I selected all the options at the screen with the wax\clearcoat finish. it didn't really do a good job; there was still dirt and dust on the car, especially on the trunk lid and the rear bumper. I normally use the touchless wash at the shell near morningside & sheppard and the quality of the Glide wash was the same if not worse IMO.

notoriousb
10-04-2009, 02:29 PM
I tried petro canada's glide wash for the first time at the kennedy & hwy 7 location. I selected all the options at the screen with the wax\clearcoat finish. it didn't really do a good job; there was still dirt and dust on the car, especially on the trunk lid and the rear bumper. I normally use the touchless wash at the shell near morningside & sheppard and the quality of the Glide wash was the same if not worse IMO.

Why didn't you ask for a free rewash...

Piru
10-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Why didn't you ask for a free rewash...

i did, just saying the first time around it was the same as any other car wash. some people had me believe it was wayyy better :P

notoriousb
10-04-2009, 10:24 PM
It's not lol -- it's just rail less and has an option for touch less.. I prefer to do the cloth one since it takes out most of the dirt better.

Piru
10-04-2009, 10:33 PM
It's not lol -- it's just rail less and has an option for touch less.. I prefer to do the cloth one since it takes out most of the dirt better.

i haven't used cloth since last summer...one of them left a noticeable scratch in the clearcoat. i try to hand wash whenever i can but use touchless when i feel lazy..hand wash takes a long time :chuckle

btw, if anyone's interested there's a GI for a petrocanada Glide season pass here (http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=37897)

candal82
10-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Touchless & Railess
For Downtown T.O. South End

Adelaide St W & Strachan Ave

MAP (\"http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Adelaide+St+W+%26+Strachan+Ave,+T oronto,+ON,+Canada&ll=43.643343,-79.405189&spn=0.014783,0.043259\")

It\'s about $10 for the \"super\" and I belive $8.00 for the regular they clean the underbody as well as do some protectant / wax for the super.

They are next to a car rental place.

In addition it\'s the only carwash that I\'ve found that I didn\'t have to remove the mast since the blower is very high up and doesn\'t blow on your car while you exit (it blows your car as part of the standard wash sequence so the blower spins around your car).

+10000

One of the best ones I've visted. I usually hate touchless carwashes, because they never clean my car well. However, this one is awesome. Just bring a towel to wipe it down after. It tends to leave a bit of soap residue in some areas.

M3-ZOOM
10-14-2009, 12:53 AM
someone whos not busy and has time should make a post summing up all these places! :)

leungly
10-14-2009, 11:56 AM
I wonder if the ones from a long time ago are still valid... actually.

jaimie08mazda3
10-15-2009, 09:31 AM
i personally dont think the touchless car washes do a good job.. they are good cuz your car doesnt get touched or scratched... but really in the winter the touchless are ineffective. well compared to the regular ones

candal82
11-30-2009, 08:07 PM
i personally dont think the touchless car washes do a good job.. they are good cuz your car doesnt get touched or scratched... but really in the winter the touchless are ineffective. well compared to the regular ones

I definitely agree with you. However, some touchless washes are better than others. I've tried some that are absolutely useless. But, I've found a few that are actually pretty comparable with soft-cloth washes.

OhAxela
12-04-2009, 09:12 AM
most places give u a second wash for free if ur cars not clean so theres nothing to worry about if ur car with half an inch of salt does not get 100% clean the first time.

mit-gee-mui
01-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Petro Can Glide Auto Wash

Brampton
1990 Hallstone Rd., at Mississauga Road

Pretty Good results, recommend to all in this area:)

Ogata
01-21-2010, 12:39 AM
Petro Can Glide Auto Wash

Brampton
1990 Hallstone Rd., at Mississauga Road

Pretty Good results, recommend to all in this area:)

+1 for the Markham Location too. I just wish they put out more locations. Has anyone tried to see if they can use their Petro Points for a glide wash? Their website indicates you can use them for their regular super wash at a majority of their stations.

SilentJay
01-22-2010, 07:39 AM
^^^ I believe you can, but it costs more points than a non-glide wash. I think I saw an amount of points written in black sharpie on the stand-up by the cashier, @ the Hwy. 7 glide station.

airbiggz
02-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Sunoco on hwy 50 and hwy 7
touchless wash...Eco bright i beleive is a really good one $8.99

great results reccomended to anyone in that area, if u need a quick touchless wash

Souls
08-18-2010, 02:29 PM
I skipped page 2, but there's Shell Touchless @ Thickson Rd and Taunton, in Whitby... I was impressed last winter by it for my old Jetta, but I think it had a small short rail where you need to stop, the Simonize Cdn Tire one at Garden Taunton is good too

cwp_sedan
11-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Found this. It will be useful for those that want a touchfree wash. It doesn't specify which are railless though unfortunately. Click the link for the full size.

http://retail.petro-canada.ca/images/core/SuperWash_Sitelist-Ontario.pdf

Fuyuzora
11-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Found this. It will be useful for those that want a touchfree wash. It doesn't specify which are railless though unfortunately. Click the link for the full size.

Nice find. :thumbsup

Perhaps it would be worthwhile for one of us to write a letter explaining that our forum of car enthusiasts (which has nearly 2,000 active members, and over 13,000 registrations!) represents a large number of drivers whose vehicles have lowered suspensions, that for us the presence (or not) of rails is a serious factor in our deciding which car wash to use, and that if they could provide us with a listing of rail-less wash stations it would greatly enhance our confidence in seeking out a car wash from one of their establishments instead of using a coin-op.

Might be worth a shot, at least.

zzz3
11-13-2011, 01:33 PM

all glide plus auto wash locations dont have rails. i use the ones in oakville (and sometimes brampton) all the time.

pro-tip: buy the glide wash for car lovers (48hr weather guarantee) and it works out to be cheaper than the basic wash at $8 since you can wash your car or another car a second time rain or shine for free. includes free use of vacuum as well!

zzz3
11-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Nice find. :thumbsup

Perhaps it would be worthwhile for one of us to write a letter explaining that our forum of car enthusiasts (which has nearly 2,000 active members, and over 13,000 registrations!) represents a large number of drivers whose vehicles have lowered suspensions, that for us the presence (or not) of rails is a serious factor in our deciding which car wash to use, and that if they could provide us with a listing of rail-less wash stations it would greatly enhance our confidence in seeking out a car wash from one of their establishments instead of using a coin-op.

Might be worth a shot, at least.

i got a glimpse in the summer (internship) as to what petro-canada's (downstream: retail and refining) new roles and functions are with suncor as the owner. they (suncor's calgary head office) have the last say in anything and everything...you would have to write to them lol.

leungalv
11-14-2011, 01:21 AM
If anyone is from Windsor, there is a Shell rail-less and touchless car wash at 3579 Tecumseh Road East :)

Kessly Snipes
02-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Esso is by far the best (well better than Shell, which sucks). But I have yet to see a Petro touchless.

cwp_sedan
02-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Esso is by far the best (well better than Shell, which sucks). But I have yet to see a Petro touchless.

Then I guess you haven't been looking. Go to their website and you can select it (touchless) as an option for locations. :)

Kessly Snipes
02-16-2012, 11:02 PM
Then I guess you haven't been looking. Go to their website and you can select it (touchless) as an option for locations. :)

I haven't been. I'll give them a shot for my nest wash.

tweak_s
02-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Man you know what the problem with the railless washes are... The line ups are so much longer. I always wanna tell the camry in front of me to go to the touchless one down the street less lineup and it's faster lol. But side from us listed folk I guess not everyone is comfortable lining up behind the rails (though that is an issue on it's own right lol)

ericssonfan
02-17-2012, 12:15 PM
I believe there is a Petro railless and touchless stationary wash at McCowan & Major Mack, operated under the "Glide" name.
4-5 mins wait per car. So a line up of 5 cars means approx half hr waiting. :(

There is another Petro Touchless at Kennedy & Hwy 7 that uses a belt/movator instead of a rail

tweak_s
02-17-2012, 10:22 PM
I believe there is a Petro railless and touchless stationary wash at McCowan & Major Mack, operated under the "Glide" name.

There is another Petro Touchless at Kennedy & Hwy 7 that uses a belt/movator instead of a rail

Hmm belt movator sounds like a good idea... Quicker than drive ins which aw both noted the wait time ia terrible.. But no rails lol.

ericssonfan
02-18-2012, 01:58 AM
Hmm belt movator sounds like a good idea... Quicker than drive ins which aw both noted the wait time ia terrible.. But no rails lol.

The lines ups are a bit faster meaning quicker wash too and it's one of the first times I've seen something like that. i can't justify a $10 wash where I can still see the dirt on my car when I leave, but the gf has a 3 mth season pass so i was too tempted. Personally I feel the tender loving car of a hand wash is second to none. :)

Nick
02-18-2012, 05:37 PM

there's 2, make sure to go to the one on the south-west corner

vinnierap
02-19-2012, 03:56 PM
I use the "glide" car wash at hwy 27 and Langstaff. Doesnt clean the rear of the car all that well and it doesnt dry it the best either. But it does a good enough job for a car wash.

zzz3
02-20-2012, 01:48 AM
I use the "glide" car wash at hwy 27 and Langstaff. Doesnt clean the rear of the car all that well and it doesnt dry it the best either. But it does a good enough job for a car wash.

none of them do. i have been to all 3 'glide' locations by my house and underside of the spoiler as well as the bottom of the rear bumper is always dirty. you can go in and complain for another ticket, but its just not worth the time to line up again.

07carbon3
02-20-2012, 08:13 AM
has anyone been to the new shell station on Gerrard st just east of victoria park? it has a car wash but haven't gone in to check it out

Kessly Snipes
02-20-2012, 09:00 AM
none of them do. i have been to all 3 'glide' locations by my house and underside of the spoiler as well as the bottom of the rear bumper is always dirty. you can go in and complain for another ticket, but its just not worth the time to line up again.

I found the Shell wash to do the exact same thing. Under the spoiler and on the bumper were still dirty.

Darkice
02-20-2012, 09:12 AM
1.shell 2. esso 3.petro , maybe its the ones i use by my car always comes out a bit dirty either on the sides or the rear for the petro washes

rajin929
02-20-2012, 01:01 PM
i can't justify a $10 wash where I can still see the dirt on my car when I leave

agreed, i'd get better results at a coin-op with $6 and quick soap and wash (the soap that comes through the spray, not the brush)

Darkice
02-20-2012, 01:21 PM
yaa +1 true but what about in the winter time are they even open??

agreed, i'd get better results at a coin-op with $6 and quick soap and wash (the soap that comes through the spray, not the brush)

rajin929
02-20-2012, 02:13 PM
yaa +1 true but what about in the winter time are they even open??

all the coin-ops in my area are open 24/7

Soyabean
02-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know any rail-less and touchless petro car washes that are not glide in Brampton? I think the only railless and touchless is the glide washes

peterm15
02-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Does anyone know any rail-less and touchless petro car washes that are not glide in Brampton? I think the only railless and touchless is the glide washes

Rutherford and city view dr.

vinnierap
02-22-2012, 04:09 PM

Its a "Rail" system but does a pretty good job. Queen and 410 beside mcdonalds...

Maybe for the hatch owners we should start using the glide washes and reversing in. then the back of the car will get clean.

zzz3
02-23-2012, 04:15 PM
if you go to the non-glide touch less (petro superwash) locations, be prepared to wait half hour to an hour and more. each car takes 5mins to wash, although it does a better job than glide.

Ogata
02-24-2012, 06:55 AM
if you go to the non-glide touch less (petro superwash) locations, be prepared to wait half hour to an hour and more. each car takes 5mins to wash, although it does a better job than glide.

There are superwash touchless? The Petro's I've been to are all cloth..shucks..now I just realized they have touhcless but are called Superwash *Touchfree*....whether its rails or not...hrmmmmm =/

Bleemer
02-24-2012, 09:09 AM
has anyone been to the new shell station on Gerrard st just east of victoria park? it has a car wash but haven't gone in to check it out

I've see that one too haven't used it as yet... I use the touchless at the Esso on VP and Danforth

And what's with that area, at least 8 gas stations between VP/ Warden and Kingston and the Danforth, lol

Cheapest gas is at the Loblaws :D

07carbon3
02-24-2012, 09:18 AM
I've see that one too haven't used it as yet... I use the touchless at the Esso on VP and Danforth

And what's with that area, at least 8 gas stations between VP/ Warden and Kingston and the Danforth, lol

Cheapest gas is at the Loblaws :D

I went into that shell and if u want to use the car wash and not buy gas you have to pay an extra $2, unless you buy 5 washes and then you get the 6th for free.

Does that esso drive through have any kind of seasons pass?

You are correct lob laws is the lowest so that's where I fill up too

optiklenz13
02-24-2012, 09:30 AM
That new shell at VP and Gerrard isn't a touch less wash. I went to fill up there one day on my way to work.

07carbon3
02-24-2012, 09:38 AM
That new shell at VP and Gerrard isn't a touch less wash. I went to fill up there one day on my way to work.

It shows that if you buy the premium wash for $11.99 you can choose touch less or soft touch

optiklenz13
02-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Hmmmm. I'm not sure how that works. Do you still have to go through a railing if you were to choose a touch less? Will your car fit in there without the brushes touching? Not sure I've ever heard one like that before. LOL. But then again, I don't do automatic washes that often.

Default User
02-24-2012, 09:48 AM
How about we do a Quote and add format

Scarborough
Morningside / Sheppard - Esso
Sheppard / Conlins - Shell
Markham / Sheppard – Esso
Kennedy / Finch – Esso
Victoria Park / McNicoll – Esso
Markham / Lawrence – Shell
St. Clair / Danforth – Esso

Pickering, Whitby, Oshawa
Thickson Rd / Taunton – Shell

Markham
Woodbine / Steeles - Esso

07carbon3
02-24-2012, 04:50 PM
is a non rail-less an issue on our car that isn't lowered? and does anyone have any input on the esso at vp and danforth i didnt see anything about in the thread

Kessly Snipes
02-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Its a "Rail" system but does a pretty good job. Queen and 410 beside mcdonalds...

Maybe for the hatch owners we should start using the glide washes and reversing in. then the back of the car will get clean.

Thats an awesome idea! haha.

But honestly, if no one is around I will try backing into one and report the results.

07carbon3
02-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Scarborough
Kennedy / Finch – Esso
victoria Park / Danforth - Esso
Victoria Park / Gerrard - shell

Markham

cwp_sedan
02-24-2012, 05:47 PM
is a non rail-less an issue on our car that isn't lowered? and does anyone have any input on the esso at vp and danforth i didnt see anything about in the thread

No. Typically any rail system shouldn't affect a non-lowered vehicle, though it "could" scrape your rims.

I have scraped the undercarriage a couple times when coming off the rails at the Petro at Steeles and Warden. I'm not slammed either.

cwp_sedan
02-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Scarborough
Kennedy / Finch – Esso
Victoria Park / Gerrard - Shell

Markham
Hwy 7 and Red Maple (Between Yonge and Bayview) - Petro-Canada

07carbon3
02-24-2012, 05:51 PM
oh ok f that then, i just got new rims and had them powder coated so im not risking that

No. Typically any rail system shouldn't affect a non-lowered vehicle, though it "could" scrape your rims.

I have scraped the undercarriage a couple times when coming off the rails at the Petro at Steeles and Warden. I'm not slammed either.

zzz3
02-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Scarborough
Kennedy / Finch – Esso

Markham
Hwy 7 / Kennedy - Petro-Canda Glide

Oakville
Trafalgar / Dundas (off Postridge Dr by canadian tire/longos) - Petro-Canda Glide
QEW / Burloak (by vip cineplex) - Petro-Canda Glide

Milton
Thompson / Derry - Petro-Canda Glide

Mississauga
Steeles / Mississauga Rd (off Hereford St by streetsville golf course) - Petro-Canda Glide

yuvannr
10-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Scarborough
Kennedy / Finch – Esso

Markham
Markham Road / 14th Ave - Petro-Canada

Oakville
Trafalgar / Dundas (off Postridge Dr by canadian tire/longos) - Petro-Canda Glide

Milton

Mississauga
Steeles / Mississauga Rd (off Hereford St by streetsville golf course) - Petro-Canda Glide

JHX 1138
10-22-2012, 02:03 PM

I'd have to say this one really sucks... just had my car "washed" here... the lower sections of the doors on both sides were basically untouched! ugh.

p-o-g-i
10-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Scarborough
Kennedy / Finch – Esso

Markham
Markham Road / 14th Ave - Petro-Canada

Oakville

Milton

Brampton

Mississauga
Hurontario / Britania (Esso)
Mavis / Eglington (Esso)
Mavis / Burnhamthorpe (Esso)

Pacman
10-22-2012, 07:35 PM
anything in etobicoke??

ecmirand
03-14-2014, 12:05 AM
This might be an old thread but...the "touchless" car wash at kennedy and finch esso isn't really touchless. At the end of the wash and at the start of the drying stage, rollers/wheels are dropped from the ceiling. When you exit the car wash station, the rollers are supposed to roll on your roof.

Seeing that, I stopped halfway because that's just me. Can't touch my car lol. A guy before me at the cashier was complaining too how half his car didn't get dried and wanted the refund. He probably had the same reasons I did.

Kiewan
03-14-2014, 12:44 AM
same with the touchless esso at Leslie and Lawrence. The roller left salt streaks on my roof as they were dirty

This might be an old thread but...the "touchless" car wash at kennedy and finch esso isn't really touchless. At the end of the wash and at the start of the drying stage, rollers/wheels are dropped from the ceiling. When you exit the car wash station, the rollers are supposed to roll on your roof.

Seeing that, I stopped halfway because that's just me. Can't touch my car lol. A guy before me at the cashier was complaining too how half his car didn't get dried and wanted the refund. He probably had the same reasons I did.

Lmmorden
03-14-2014, 03:07 PM
Same thing esso @ ardagh and essa Barrie