PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Mazda

Coaster
12-03-2004, 11:30 PM
These are my experiences with these guys,draw your own conclusions

@ 4000 kms 1st oil change
The day after some one watched me drive into their lot & told me that there was something hanging down under my car. I looked & the plastic under tray was hanging by the 2 front plastic plugs & one of the rear pins i.e. no bolts. I was able to pop out the front plugs & tossed the tray in the back. I went to the dealer the next day to tell them & they looked around the service area & said there weren\'t any lying around, so they would order some.

@ 8000 kms
No phone call about receiving the bolts for the tray so I mentioned it @ the 8K service, they had no record of it. I had to wait until they could find some others that would fit. I was there for about 3 hours & I had to finally ask for my car-nobody told me the car was already done.

@16000 kms
It went off without a hitch & it was done when they said it would be.

@24000 kms
I made an appointment a week ahead & showed up on time. I left my keys & went to get some breakfast. I came back a hour later & my car hadn\'t moved. They said it was very busy, but it would be soon. A half hour later when my car still hadn\'t moved I asked for my keys back & left. They didn\'t seem to care, just got my keys & again said it was busy today.

Now I was expecting a phone call to apoligize, explain, or just listen to my complaint. At no time did I get any call

I now take my car to Westowne, a gift & they followed up with a call to see if everything was OK.

P.S.Update I got a set of W300 snows off of Martin @ Tire23, great service, BTW sorry for waking you up. Anyway when I took the RSAs off I noticed that the fronts were worn a lot more than the rears. In fact I would guess that I\'ve only got about 10 K of tread left on the fronts. I thought that was strange since the tires are supposed to be rotated every 8K. Well guess what, when I checked the service invoice @ 8K it doesn\'t mention tire rotation, but it does @ 16K & then Westowne rotated them again @ 24K. So if I didn\'t get the snows I\'d be driving around with front RSAs that don\'t have a lot of tread left.

MAZDA Kitten
12-05-2004, 12:37 AM
I *heart* ontario mazda.... :sarc

well not really.
Ive done enough complaining about that dealership and my car buying experience there (dented car at pick up, then it was dirty the next week i went to pick up.. etc etc...)

Speedy
12-29-2004, 03:54 PM
I bought my car from them and the sales person (Rex) was great. The sales manager however made me never want to buy a car from them again.

I won\'t go back there for service. My first appointment wasn\'t recorded in their books....they took me in anyway but I had to wait 3 hrs. At my 4000 km check they didn\'t latch the hood of my car properly and it started bouncing around on the 401.

I now take my car to Westowne.

MAZDA Kitten
12-31-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Speedy
The sales manager however made me never want to buy a car from them again.

Wow you, me and everyone else that I talked to feels the same about that sales manager.
When I was so fed up with them I called Mazda Canada who actually were even ruder than the sales manager. Anyways to make a long story short I had the pleasure of speaking with the National Manager. He took an hour out of his time to listen to my whole horror story with Ontario Mazda.

Needless to say... 15 minutes later I get a call from the sales manager from Ontario Mazda. He was SO upset with me that \"he got yelled at\".... waaa waaa. And its my fault why?
I service my car now at Mountain Mazda. Even though he \'promised\' my free oil changes that I was supposed to have gotten in first place. I still rather pay the 26.95 not to see his face again. :sarc

Eric
01-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

Originally posted by Speedy
The sales manager however made me never want to buy a car from them again.

Wow you, me and everyone else that I talked to feels the same about that sales manager.
When I was so fed up with them I called Mazda Canada who actually were even ruder than the sales manager. Anyways to make a long story short I had the pleasure of speaking with the National Manager. He took an hour out of his time to listen to my whole horror story with Ontario Mazda.

Needless to say... 15 minutes later I get a call from the sales manager from Ontario Mazda. He was SO upset with me that \"he got yelled at\".... waaa waaa. And its my fault why?
I service my car now at Mountain Mazda. Even though he \'promised\' my free oil changes that I was supposed to have gotten in first place. I still rather pay the 26.95 not to see his face again. :sarc

Was the sales manager named Sid? We almost bought our Mazda3 at Ontario Mazda, and after the way Sid
treated us we got up and left. We bought the car at Westowne instead. If it is the same guy, he
deserved to get \"yelled at\".

Airman Jack
01-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Ontario Mazda gave me a fairly good price on my car, however, subsequent service or parts were rediculous. when i was shopping for a block heater, they quoted me $240 for the install, I called Scarborough Mazda, and before I even told them I was a member of the club they quoted me $160!!! When I called Ontario back, the service guy who took my \"I\'m cancelling\" call said \"you found it cheaper somewhere else eh?\" Not even an attempt to keep my business.

kyfe
01-07-2005, 12:28 PM
sounds like the service I\'ve been getting from them.
When I went to purchase my car I ran into lots of problems
I went to Ontario Mazda and was treated fairly and got what I wanted.

Their service for maintainence/repair is garbage, I no longer have the bottom plastic piece and Rick the service manager told me they\'d replace it ( waiting since September).
I\'ve waited on many occassions for my car to be serviced ( I have only ever gotten an oil change )

when I complained about my brakes they said there was nothing wrong,

I forced them to run diagnostics on my car becasue of the air bag fault and they never told me the result but it appears to be fixed.

I left them a message about that wikked vibration issue I had over the holiday and to this date nobody has called me.

That reminds me I need to give that guy a shout, Literally

I really wish I could do the oil changes myself

Kyfe

MAZDA Kitten
01-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Eric

Was the sales manager named Sid? We almost bought our Mazda3 at Ontario Mazda, and after the way Sid
treated us we got up and left. We bought the car at Westowne instead. If it is the same guy, he
deserved to get \"yelled at\".

Thats the one.... :sarc

The only good thing with Ontario Mazda was that I got the best price there on my car.
When I went to other dealerships they flat out told me they werent even INTERESTED in matching it nevermind beating it. :hoho

MAZDA Kitten
04-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Bumpage.

Since the the topic of Erin Mills & Ontario Mazda seems to be of quite interest :hoho

majic
04-17-2005, 01:38 PM
some guy over at msprotege.com is having issues with Ontario Mazda too - alignment problems.

read here (http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105155)

in case it gets lost ;)

Calling all poorly aligned M3\'s, well the wheel alignment is great couldent be better. On the other hand the steering wheel does not line up with the wheels. If I hold the wheel straight the car basically turns right, I took it into Mazda and asked them to fix it. Basically they threw it up on the alignment rack and said everything was perfect and yes the steering wheel is a little off center with the wheel alignment. So I then asked well did you fix it? And the response they gave me was \"we can remove the whole steering asembly and try and re-align it, but you will most likely end up with the same problem only on the left side\". Great customer service eh?? ONTARIO MAZDA, I was just wondering if I can bring it into any Mazda dealer with my warranty and have them try and fix it??? Any comments or suggestions would help.

By the way - Anyone else have this same problem with the steering wheel alignment????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????? ...........sorry the humpleg is soo cool!!!!1