PDA

View Full Version : DOME light LED swap

Mayhem
12-04-2004, 06:04 AM
Has anyone installed an LED bulb in their dome light yet? If so, where in Canada can we get one of these? I know autolumination.com has them.....but they\'re in the States.

http://autolumination.com/images/auto_bulbs/42mm_sw_led.jpg

kinda like those.....though I don\'t know if they\'re the right size.

majic
12-04-2004, 11:05 AM
not sure if you know, but it comes as a part of the kit that is being advertised here.. (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1129&page=2) and we only need 3 more ppl :D

thenb again u may not want the whole set and they aren\'t LEDs but they are bright white bulbs. and really i don\'t think any of my family\'s cars ineterion lights have EVER burned out.

bubba1983
12-04-2004, 04:48 PM
i origionally wanted LED myself...but...funny story...i was kinda intoxicated one night, when i came across the visionbulbs and i was like..heey, this is cool, all drunk, so i bought it....next day i woke up i checked my e-mail and im like oh shit, what did i buy...but...no complaints on it tho...

Xenon
12-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

i origionally wanted LED myself...but...funny story...i was kinda intoxicated one night, when i came across the visionbulbs and i was like..heey, this is cool, all drunk, so i bought it....next day i woke up i checked my e-mail and im like oh shit, what did i buy...but...no complaints on it tho...

haha..... you\'re lucky you only baught bulbs when you were drunk... not a $8000 body kit or something :p

mEtH
12-05-2004, 12:09 AM
I personally will say do not go led. If you want a light that is just as bright as stock if not more and white then go with the group buy. I personally gave leds a chance at first, for a $1.50 a piece I figured I\'d try. They do not give off enough light, especially when it comes to the map lights. The map lights are designed to give light off of the reflection on the housing. Leds are designed to give off light to one specific point, so you can guess I got barely half the light of stock. They were shining the brightest light source to my tweeters on the door.

But, by all means if you just want like blue or red colour or something in the cabin then by all means leds are the way to go. you will have to find the bulbs with the most leds to get a good quality light. Those even start to get a little pricier.

My .02 cents

*EDIT*
Oh and one more note the festoon light for the dome is a 3022 and the map lights are a 194. The festoon bulb (3022) I believe is 31mm.

Mayhem
12-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Thanks.....I\'ve decided to go with the group buy. I got LED\'s for the map lights....they\'re only 2 led bulbs ( I got them locally ), but they give off a cool effect....with the super white dome light., I think it will look really cool.....anyhoo, the leds were 9 dollars for a pair after taxes, so it\'s not really a waste.....I\'ll post pics once I get them all installed

bubba1983
12-05-2004, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Xenon

Originally posted by bubba1983

haha..... you\'re lucky you only baught bulbs when you were drunk... not a $8000 body kit or something :p

haha, i actually almost bought a body kit one night...i forced myself to go to bed....