PDA

View Full Version : Adding OEM fogs to a GS Sedan?

Dr Butcher
12-06-2004, 12:28 PM
At the last meet I noticed that there are different fog light configurations for the sedans (not sure about the sports). One has the fogs moulded into the bumper and another has an inserted fog light surrounded in black plastic where the GX, GS models have the plastic mesh inserts.

How hard would it be to put in the the OEM fogs, and I guess Flipspeed would have to answer this how much would they go for? I\'m assuming I\'d need to get a switch for them as well.

Is there a decent aftermarket kit out yet? I assume this question won\'t have been discussed all that much because most of you guys already have fogs, I\'m just curious as to what\'s out there......

bluntman
12-06-2004, 12:38 PM
It\'s going to be expensive if you take either the OEM route or the aftermarket (PIAA) route (bumper removal is necessary), moreso the OEM of course. The OEM lights will look cleaner because of the black plastic surround. I\'d say spend your money elsewhere and buy HIDs.

The differences with the look of the fog lights is because of the addition of the GFX package that some of the members bought with their GT sedans.

K Dawg ONE
12-08-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by bluntmanThe differences with the look of the fog lights is because of the addition of the GFX package that some of the members bought with their GT sedans.

AKA, 2 different bumpers.

FLIPDADY
12-08-2004, 02:42 PM
The price is a bit steep but I\'ve seen this kit installed before and it is too easy. First of all every single 3 is pre-wired to accept the factory fog light kit. There is absolutely no drilling involved with the install. Tools required for the install are phillips screwdriver, flathead screwdriver and fastener or clip remover. No extra fog lamp switch is required because you bet a whole new headlamp switch with fog lamp switch built in.

It will cost you $304.32 plus taxes but I know the PIAA kits are almost in that same price range plus you have to drill and run the wiring. I have these kits in stock if you want to come take a look at them.

bluntman
12-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

It will cost you $304.32 plus taxes but I know the PIAA kits are almost in that same price range plus you have to drill and run the wiring. I have these kits in stock if you want to come take a look at them.

That\'s not too bad at all.

///M
12-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

That\'s not too bad at all.

The JDM fogs are only about $200 though. ;) Ahhh...yellow fogs...I want I want. :p Too expensive for what they are though since they\'re exactly the same, only yellow.

bluntman
12-08-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by autoexe

The JDM fogs are only about $200 though. ;) Ahhh...yellow fogs...I want I want. :p Too expensive for what they are though since they\'re exactly the same, only yellow.

That\'s $200 + shipping. Although when you think about it $300 pretty much just gives you the fog lights since the car is already prewired. At least you won\'t have t remove the bumper.

Yellow fogs would be nice too, something different. Maybe I\'ll look into getting some yellow bulbs from Hoen.

Dr Butcher
12-08-2004, 03:22 PM

The price is a bit steep but I\'ve seen this kit installed before and it is too easy. First of all every single 3 is pre-wired to accept the factory fog light kit. There is absolutely no drilling involved with the install. Tools required for the install are phillips screwdriver, flathead screwdriver and fastener or clip remover. No extra fog lamp switch is required because you bet a whole new headlamp switch with fog lamp switch built in.

I think I\'ll come in to check \'em out. It doesn\'t seem like too bad of deal to me, especially for genuine parts. It\'ll have to be in the new year because of the holidays and stuff but I\'ll probably go that route. The price you quoted, was that before or after the TM3 discount? :D

Damn, lets go down my want list.....

1. 2 channel amp
2. 4 channel amp
3. 2 10\" subs
4. 6.5\" component front speakers
5. 5x7 coaxial rear speakers
6. HID kit
7. Fogs
8. Money tree (if only)

FLIPDADY
12-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Yeah that\'s the club price. Don\'t worry I have 3 sets sitting here.

bluntman
12-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Dr Butcher

Damn, lets go down my want list.....

1. 2 channel amp
2. 4 channel amp
3. 2 10\" subs
4. 6.5\" component front speakers
5. 5x7 coaxial rear speakers
6. HID kit
7. Fogs
8. Money tree (if only)

You list is a little screwed up, it should read..

1. HID kit
2. Fog lights
3. New summer rims so I won\'t get the \"stink eye\" from Bluntman at the summer meets
4. 4 channel amp
5. 6.5\" component speakers
6. 1000w mono amp
6a. 2 10\" subs
7. 5x7 coaxial rear speakers
8. Filipino Empinadas

Dr Butcher
12-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

You list is a little screwed up, it should read..

1. HID kit
2. Fog lights
3. New summer rims so I won\'t get the \"stink eye\" from Bluntman at the summer meets
4. 4 channel amp
5. 6.5\" component speakers
6. 1000w mono amp
6a. 2 10\" subs
7. 5x7 coaxial rear speakers
8. Filipino Empinadas

LMAO too funny man. Yeah I don\'t think the empanadas will put too much strain on the bank account. Unless I buy \'em by the ton. ;)

bluntman
12-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Do you know about Remely\'s and Barrio Fiesta? And to a lesser extent, Golden Ribbon? The first two Filipino restaurants are on Sheppard, east (Remely\'s) and west (BF) of Markham Road. Golden Ribbon is on Kennedy, just south of Pacific Mall (at Steeles).

Dr Butcher
12-08-2004, 08:27 PM
I have never really eaten any Filipino food except some empanadas that one of my g/f\'s coworkers made for her. They were still warm when she brought them home.

I was bored last night so I looked at some recipes online and it seems like I\'d enjoy it. The places you\'re suggesting are all good? I\'m always up for trying something new, I\'ll have to check them out.

Where can you find good empanadas anyway? The g/f loves \'em as well.

bluntman
12-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Try either of the restaurants I mentioned, they\'re all good. BF and Remely\'s make their own empinadas in house.

FLIPDADY
12-09-2004, 07:38 AM
Don\'t forget to get some lumpia aka egg rolls.:p

K Dawg ONE
12-09-2004, 06:32 PM
you can also keep an eye on www.car-parts.com and look for used fogs...

Dr Butcher
12-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by K Dawg ONE

Stranger in the off topic thread! Stranger in off topic thread! :p

Hmm, I\'m sort of a stickler for having new stuff. Even though I could probably find \'em cheaper used I\'ll still get them from the dealer. Call it peace of mind.....

Plus, it gives me an excuse to try and weasle a free bottle of touch up paint from Avante. :hoho

FLIPDADY
12-10-2004, 07:44 AM
I\'ll put one bottle aside for you.

majic
03-16-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Dr Butcher

Originally posted by K Dawg ONE

Stranger in the off topic thread! Stranger in off topic thread! :p

Hmm, I\'m sort of a stickler for having new stuff. Even though I could probably find \'em cheaper used I\'ll still get them from the dealer. Call it peace of mind.....

Plus, it gives me an excuse to try and weasle a free bottle of touch up paint from Avante. :hoho

so did you get the fogs yet? still looking? look what i found on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7960276011&ssPageName= MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcN__Stores) :)

Geologic
03-16-2005, 07:04 PM
hmm.. I\'m lookin for fogs for the GS.

I\'m about to order the car from the dealer, is the fog lights option even available for the GS sedan or would I have to go the aftermarket route?

Dr Butcher
03-17-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Geologic

hmm.. I\'m lookin for fogs for the GS.

I\'m about to order the car from the dealer, is the fog lights option even available for the GS sedan or would I have to go the aftermarket route?

From Flipspeed earlier in the thread:

The price is a bit steep but I\'ve seen this kit installed before and it is too easy. First of all every single 3 is pre-wired to accept the factory fog light kit. There is absolutely no drilling involved with the install. Tools required for the install are phillips screwdriver, flathead screwdriver and fastener or clip remover. No extra fog lamp switch is required because you get a whole new headlamp switch with fog lamp switch built in.

It will cost you $304.32 plus taxes but I know the PIAA kits are almost in that same price range plus you have to drill and run the wiring.

Geologic
03-17-2005, 11:28 PM
I guess that means that the option is there. I know you can add fogs to the GS after you get the car but Im talking about as an option straight the dealerership when I buy my car like the mp3 player, rear lip spoiler, cargo net, etc. etc.

No big deal though, I was just curious cause the accessories brochure said the fog lights weren\'t available with the GS. I\'ll just talk to the dealership.

BBGundam
10-22-2005, 01:37 PM
hello all~~ i am new here and i found this forum very handy and useful.....thx

well i am having problem when trying to install the OEM foglight to my GS Sedan, i plugged them in already....then i realize there\'s no switch......so just wandering if i need to get that FACTORY SWTICH (that signaling stick thing behind the steering wheel) or is there any alternative?? thanks :)

bluntman
10-22-2005, 01:43 PM
You can probably mount on up to those blanks on the dash near your left knee.

///M
10-22-2005, 01:47 PM
I think the OEM fogs come with a new right stalk with a fog switch.

MazdaTree
10-22-2005, 07:59 PM
my boy got the gs fogs off ebay for cheap! They came with a switch and he mounted it on those blank spaces on the left of the wheel.

BBGundam
10-23-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by MazdaTree

my boy got the gs fogs off ebay for cheap! They came with a switch and he mounted it on those blank spaces on the left of the wheel.

yes.....that\'s what i got too......but i iconnected mine to the car\'s pre-built-in foglight wiring, so i cna\'t use the switch that comes with the light......or can i?? :sarc

ng3
10-26-2005, 05:26 PM
This weekend (Hoperfully) I\'ll be getting fog light for mine too. But when I called the dealership to ask about the price for the OEM fogs they told me 250 each (500/pair). So I went another route and ordered Hella FF200 Halogen which end up costing about 200 for a kit.

For installation they are going to go behind the grille in front of the radiator.

Now a question for anyone who might know. Can I use the wiring that is now on the car to power these (I understand I\'ll need a switch), or do I have to run all the wiring again?

dr1ft3r
07-09-2007, 06:37 AM

Hey, Do you still have them in stock? i'm looking for oem fogs 07 sedan...Do they just replace my fog "blanks" and my switch "blanks"? im gona swing by Mot today if you have them.

bubba1983
07-09-2007, 07:20 AM
this thread is 2 years old, lets not bump old threads.