PDA

View Full Version : Central Meet Location Voting

Xenon
12-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Due to our growth over the last few months and also by request, Central meets will be incorporated into our meet rotation as of 2005.

Voting is now open on where these meets should take place. Poll closes at 11:59 PM, February 28th, 2005, at which time which ever location has the highest number of votes will be designated as the Default Central Meet Location.

If you know of an area which is NOT listed in the options above, please vote Other, and specify in a reply post.

A reminder that the Central Region is defined as the area East of Highway 427, West of Highway 400, from the lakeshore to the northern border of Vaughan.

MajesticBlueNTO
12-07-2004, 01:44 AM
AMC parking lot at 400 and 7 ...HUGE area in the north end of the lot

EDIT: the AMC parking lot is East of the 400 :p

Melenium
12-07-2004, 02:45 AM
Depending on the number of people that show up, what about the Silver City @ Hwy7 & Yonge.. to the east side there is a fair sized lot that is usually empty. Failing which, one block east of that is Hwy 7 & Red Maple Rd where there is a Home Depot on one side, and a Sears/Business Depot on the other (by 4pm it should be fairly empty around there).

What\'dya think? :)

Edit: Didn\'t realize it had to be west of the 400. If thats the case, AMC is disqualified :D. IMO thats not all that central anyway-- isn\'t Yonge st the \"official\" centre of Toronto? :p

///M
12-07-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Melenium

Depending on the number of people that show up, what about the Silver City @ Hwy7 & Yonge.. to the east side there is a fair sized lot that is usually empty. Failing which, one block east of that is Hwy 7 & Red Maple Rd where there is a Home Depot on one side, and a Sears/Business Depot on the other (by 4pm it should be fairly empty around there).

What\'dya think? :)

That\'d be good! It\'s pretty close to me. :)

Tommy Thompson would be good too since I\'m always downtown. Not sure if there\'s enough space there and the roads down there tend to be pretty dusty.

majic
12-07-2004, 08:41 AM
i voted TTP but any south central location is fine for me.. (preferred) vs. the north

bluntman
12-07-2004, 09:17 AM
What about GO Station parking lots, are they used/anywhere near full during the weekends?

wtom
12-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Almost any location with a huge and often empty parking lot on a Saturday late afternoon is fine with me, but I did vote for 400/7 location.

Upon finalizing of the poll, we will need a central representative... Hypothrml? :D

Hypothrml
12-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Sure why not! The only reason I suggested AMC is because its easy access for everyone straight up the 400.

Hypothrml
12-07-2004, 10:07 AM
In my view Hwy. 400 area is central:D

Neo
12-07-2004, 12:49 PM
That whole area around AMC/D&B is good... Alot of clubs meet up there... And there\'s more than enough room for everyone...

Lates,

///M
12-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Hypothrml

In my view Hwy. 400 area is central:D

Yonge Street is central to me. :)

billyfo
12-07-2004, 06:08 PM
I barely go to AMC 400, but when I drive through the parking lot on Hwy 7, it was always full.

MazdaTree
12-07-2004, 09:50 PM
if its always full we can always try the famous players nearby or even the IKEA or somewhere in that mall

Newlook
12-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

What about GO Station parking lots, are they used/anywhere near full during the weekends?

Good idea... They\'re usually pretty empty on weekends unless there\'s some special functions (eg. CNE) in downtown. But then only the Lakeshore line has weekend train service, so I assume the GO stations in York Region would be pretty empty during weekends except they\'re all pretty far.

GO stations closer to central GTA:
Oriole (Leslie/401) - 286 parking spaces
Old Cummer (Leslie/Finch) - 437 parking spaces

chaser
12-09-2004, 12:31 AM
I guess we like AMC somehow :sarc Awsome Mazda Club?:D

Xenon
12-20-2004, 09:57 PM
For everyone\'s reference:

Our mini-Meet for the VisionBulb Group Buy was quite successful, it also allowed us to scope out the parking lot. I must say that the lot is quite Ideal for a car meet. It seems like a large majority of voters feel the same way.

I will keep the poll open, but I just thought that I should let everyone know that that meet location is excellent.

MazdaTree
12-21-2004, 12:45 AM
i agree wit xenon its huge and can hold our growing club

al01
01-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Don mills station .. parking lot lvl 5.. no1 is ever there.. i always go there to take pics of my car cuz its pretty nice up there.. open roof and high :D infact, lvl 4 and 5 barely hv any car and its pretty big

bluntman
01-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by al01

Don mills station .. parking lot lvl 5.. no1 is ever there.. i always go there to take pics of my car cuz its pretty nice up there.. open roof and high :D infact, lvl 4 and 5 barely hv any car and its pretty big

@ Fairview Mall? Mall Security may be a problem.

al01
01-08-2005, 01:31 PM
umm i never encounter any of the security problems.. everytime i go.. noone is in the parkin lot.. didnt see any securities..

but i guess if theres alot of 3s using a level.. i guess it might be a problem..

Newlook
01-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by al01

umm i never encounter any of the security problems.. everytime i go.. noone is in the parkin lot.. didnt see any securities..

but i guess if theres alot of 3s using a level.. i guess it might be a problem..

If only with yourself of course it\'s not a problem. But when you have 30 40 Mazdas and a bunch of people hanging out in the parking deck, it would be a problem.

Level 4 and 5 are TTC parkings... They\'ve cars there during weekends it\'s not really like \"no one\".

dinu01
01-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Can\'t wait for the next meet - haven\'t seen you guys since Sept.

Newlook
01-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by dinu01

Can\'t wait for the next meet - haven\'t seen you guys since Sept.

I can\'t wait to give my car a nice handwash and a wax job.

majic
01-09-2005, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Newlook

lol.. read this one really quickly ;) :D

TheProfessor
01-09-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by majic

Ahahahaha, so did I, I was like, WTF:p

Zaku_4
01-09-2005, 03:27 PM
ooo if its at the interchange i could come to this meet lol. and yeah at don mills those upper parking lots are always empty, pretty cool place to hangout

PiCASSO
01-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Although the Yonge/Hwy 7 would of been a great spot for a central meet, as I live 30-seconds away... I think from an access standpoint, the HWY-400/7 would do well.

Being new to this TM3 club (joined only in October 2004), I\'d like to know if we plan on doing either:

1) Keeping the East, West, and Central meets separate.
or
2) Having Pre-meets at each E/W/C and then a complete meet at the large place? Perhaps even at the 400/7 location?

Cheers,

PiCASSO

wtom
01-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by PiCASSO

Being new to this TM3 club (joined only in October 2004), I\'d like to know if we plan on doing either:

1) Keeping the East, West, and Central meets separate.
or
2) Having Pre-meets at each E/W/C and then a complete meet at the large place? Perhaps even at the 400/7 location?

All members are welcome to each meet, no matter West, Central, or East. For any set meet, members closer to another region are always welcome to pre-meet and cruise together to the main/official meet location. As well, mini-meets are welcome to be held as well.

bubba1983
01-13-2005, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Originally posted by majic

Ahahahaha, so did I, I was like, WTF:p

add me to that one too i was like...wt.....oooh

MAZDA3_MIKE
01-18-2005, 10:32 PM
I dont know if anyone would be intrested in coming to the falls , every SUMMER sunday night there is a good size meeting of cars on lundys lane . The cars range from 4x4s to imports , it would be neat to storm the place with 3\'s . Im guessing theres 100 plus cars there on most nights . Just a idea do with what you plz

AskClaudio.com
01-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Any location north of the 407 or hwy 7 for central meets are good, as long as we hit up an office meet (Whiskey A Go-Go!, Keele & HWY 7) afterwards! AMC Interchange is a great location, especially on late night cruises into Timmie\'s just west of the AMC Interchange on Whitmore and HWY 7, all you see west of the 400 are hot gina\'s riding sick cars.

Xenon
04-17-2005, 06:19 PM
400 & 7 wins. This location will be apart of our regular meet location rotation.

Thread closed.