PDA

View Full Version : Horrible noise

fat mike
12-07-2004, 11:47 AM
OK so this morning I started up my car to take my girlfriend home, I put it in reverese and it made this ear shattering horrible high pitched squel the entire time i was in reverese. i thought it was maybe a fluke so i stopped the car turned it off then on again and put it in reverese again but it still did the same thing. Anyone know what happened? Has anybody else expierenced this??

swales
12-07-2004, 12:06 PM
You ran over a cat????? :p lol..j/k

Sorry no idea :(

idreamofmazda
12-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Auto or stick?

majic
12-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by fat mike

OK so this morning I started up my car to take my girlfriend home, I put it in reverese and it made this ear shattering horrible high pitched squel the entire time i was in reverese. i thought it was maybe a fluke so i stopped the car turned it off then on again and put it in reverese again but it still did the same thing. Anyone know what happened? Has anybody else expierenced this??

this is what you get for not dropping your girl off at home yesterday evening!!! :D

but seriously.. could that have been the brakes? a lot of us have the high pitched squeeling noise coming out when reversing (especially) in the cold weather

my second guess would be that of swales\'.. it was a cat with 2 lives left and u ran it over twice :p

wtom
12-07-2004, 01:38 PM
If you have your foot on the brake during the high pitched squealing, then it\'s the brakes. No fix for this either. Supposedly \"normal.\"

fat mike
12-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Yeah not the brakes wiht the car at a dead stop as soon as i put it into reverse wiht the brakes completly on and the car not moving it made the noise. aslo when reverseing out of the driveway wiht out the brakes on at all. also i have an auto tranny

Mayhem
12-07-2004, 03:18 PM
I\'d say book an appointment with your dealership ASAP

TheProfessor
12-07-2004, 03:43 PM
It has to be a problem with the tranny.....either way, it doesn\'t sound good. Get it checked as soon as possible.

MajesticBlueNTO
12-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by fat mike

Yeah not the brakes wiht the car at a dead stop as soon as i put it into reverse wiht the brakes completly on and the car not moving it made the noise. aslo when reverseing out of the driveway wiht out the brakes on at all. also i have an auto tranny

like PSIVIC said, get the tranny checked asap. when you lose reverse, you generally lost 1st gear too.

take it from someone who lost reverse, 1st and 2nd gear on a 4spd auto tranny... beyond 120km/h the car flew...below that, it was worse than having a 2cyl. ;)

fat mike
12-08-2004, 11:20 AM
Ok so heres the deal now. It only did it once witch was yesterday morning. Since then it has never ever made that sound, should i still get this checked out? Or was it a fluke?

Illmatic
12-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Definitely still get it checked out. Make sure you head to a \"good\" dealership who won\'t give you a hard time about it!

uturi2001
12-18-2004, 01:04 PM
so this hi squeaky noise is normal when reversing...sounds like my brakes..

i have noticed it especially in the cold weather..

sam b

zRqTz
01-17-2005, 06:01 PM
fat mike, did u get this checked out?
i\'m interested coz I just had the pleasure of hearing that ear shattering noise last night.

fat mike
01-18-2005, 01:26 PM
No i never did. Only because it only did it once and never since.