PDA

View Full Version : PX-708A help

majic
12-08-2004, 12:00 AM
i was doing some audio extraction using EAC and one track was stuck,, so i just made it do it until it just couldn\'t.. ( a few hours)

then i tried burning a dvd.. and i selected 4x but it only burns at 1x!!! WTF? anyone know how to \'reset\' the device? is it toast? *sigh* i gues DL is in the cards for me ;)

midnightfxgt
12-08-2004, 12:27 AM
give some more details like the program you were running etc. 9/10 times if you choose a write speed, in this case 4x, and the device will only operate at 1x the problem can be solve one of two ways:

1. Try a different brand of media
2. Update the firmware for the drive (I am guessing its a Plextor)

~JOHN

midnightfxgt
12-08-2004, 12:28 AM
EAC is the program? and what do you mean you forced it to?

~JOHN

majic
12-08-2004, 08:25 AM
actually.. my fault for not putting more details..

1) use same media OVER and OVER again..
2) firmware was fine yesterday (not to say shit can\'t happen)
3) it is a plextor
4) i think the device went into \'a protect mode\' b/c of the nonstop audio extraction.. kinda as if it overheated and it\'s running crippled now..
5) forced it to read errors instead of skipping them.. and the disc was scratched up like MAD (noticed after the whoile ordeal was taking HOURS)
6) was burning with nero.. 6.3.X.X and no system (windows) changes in the past litte while - same as when it worked.

EAC = exact audio copy - by far the BEST and FREE audio extractor!!!
check it out @ www.exactaudiocopy.de

I didn\'t have much time to search and i panicked.. i found this article/FAQ (http://www.plextor.com/english/support/faqs/HW00008.htm) so i\'m going to try to perform a self-test on the drive when i get home and see if it \'resets\' itself.. if not.. RMA.. and plextor is supposedly pretty good with it.

Ps.. post 1000 :D