PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know?

MazdaTree
12-10-2004, 12:36 AM
hey I was wondering if anybody knows what that thing is near the storage compartment on the drives side below the switches(dash light controll) it looks like a long rectangular thing that you mite be able to plug something into...

Melenium
12-10-2004, 01:36 AM
I think thats where you plug in the computer diagnostic thingi (for lack of a better term) to read various codes or change the settings. Its pretty well hidden there actually, but at the same time easily accessible.

majic
12-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Melenium

the computer diagnostic thingi (for lack of a better term)

OBD-II scaner/reader :D

MajesticBlueNTO
12-10-2004, 08:19 AM
it\'s the OBD-II interface where you\'d plug in a CAN-BUS diagnostic scan tool such as this (http://www.nology.com/pdadyno.html) :)

it is also how a mazda tech would interface with the ECU with their programming unit.

majic
12-10-2004, 08:35 AM
always gotta be 1UP ;) :p

MajesticBlueNTO
12-10-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by majic

we posted at the same time...you beat me to hitting the \"submit reply\" :hoho

majic
12-10-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

we posted at the same time...you beat me to hitting the \"submit reply\" :hoho

nna a naaa aahh.. i was 2min30sec earlier ;) truce? :p

MajesticBlueNTO
12-10-2004, 04:44 PM

nna a naaa aahh.. i was 2min30sec earlier ;) truce? :p

hahaha...ok ok, when i pressed \"quote\" your message wasn\'t there :p

kl7402001
01-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Hey Majic .. u seem to know everything .. everypost i read i seem to notice u reply something technical ...thx for the info ...but jokingly sort of enoying ... but don\'t stop i need the info ..lol ..and is it really the CAN-BUS diagnostic scan tool plug? .if so that will be wicked .. ppl can dyno their cars at meets ..

majic
01-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by kl7402001

Hey Majic .. u seem to know everything .. everypost i read i seem to notice u reply something technical ...thx for the info ...but jokingly sort of enoying ... but don\'t stop i need the info ..lol ..and is it really the CAN-BUS diagnostic scan tool plug? .if so that will be wicked .. ppl can dyno their cars at meets ..

thx.. i try not to be too annoying :p MajesticBlueN and I (and others) try to help out with the technical/electrical stuff when it comes to explaining things. some ppl don\'t care, and some will find it informative in undersatnding how their car works/how to get the most out of it and all.

btw.. google should become your best friend soon ;) :D