PDA

View Full Version : Roads to ZoomZoom in GTA

amit2000
12-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Hey,

I am sure most of you go on joy rides with the M3, but where do you guys go? Are there any good driving roads which I can zoom zoom with my M3 in the GTA area? Just looking for a good drive. I like the DVP, but I am sure there are good boonie roads out there!

Thanks!

///M
12-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Forks of the Credit!!
Old Finch Road
Old Yonge Road
Steeles wayyy east of Markham Road
404 Southbound from Aurora Road -> Major Mac. is good for high speed runs

BETRTHNU
12-13-2004, 01:32 AM
First I throw on Prodigy\'s \"Smack my bitch up\" or \"Breathe\" Then I like taking Pottery Rd...real nice downhill with lots of twists...but you have to be very careful as its quite quick...then I just take it all the way to DVP south and end up on Richmond...do the club tour...then go down Jarvis and do the tour de whore and then up danforth back to my place...Its a nice fast drive when you have stuff on your mind...

MazdaTree
12-13-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by autoexe

Forks of the Credit!!
Old Finch Road
Old Yonge Road

i agree with autoexe forks of the credit is a great place alotho its sometimes dangerous
especially when goin fast... 2 summers ago i took my gf for a ride up there and on one of the sharp turns there was a motorcycle accident and the guy from the motorcycle was on the ground and all around his head was a puddle of blood it scared the crap outa me
its also easy to loose controll over the bumps when goin really fast but thats a whole other story

AfterBurner
12-13-2004, 10:49 AM
Since I live in the Old Finch area I love that road (Old Finch from Morningside to Meadovale) as it has lots of curves and elevation changes. There are also a number of similar country roads that intersect with it.

Also there is the Glen Rouge Park that is just east of Meadovale on Sheppard. The road splits and one goes into Glen Rouge Park which has plenty of curves and major elevation changes (pretty steep).

MajesticBlueNTO
12-13-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by AfterBurner

Since I live in the Old Finch area I love that road (Old Finch from Morningside to Meadovale) as it has lots of curves and elevation changes. There are also a number of similar country roads that intersect with it.

ever hear the story of the girl and the Old Finch bridge http://southpark.aktualne.cz/epizode/epi103d.jpg

bluntman
12-13-2004, 09:04 PM
No, but I bet it\'s hawwt.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1075853975303_2004/02/05/simple_big,0.jpg

Seriously, tell us the story.

MajesticBlueNTO
12-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/103/scary_cartman.gif

it\'s a local \"urban legend\" that was scarier 15 years ago when there wasn\'t much development there and my friend just moved onto Old Finch Ave....it was pitch black in that area.

the story goes that some girl was somehow killed near the bridge and, when driving there late at night, you could see her ghost walking.

black305
12-13-2004, 11:28 PM
If you\'re downtown, the stretch of Mount Pleasant in between St. Clair and Jarvis/Bloor is pretty good. It\'s short but still fun so I try to take it whenever I can.

Saphress
12-14-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

it\'s a local \"urban legend\" that was scarier 15 years ago when there wasn\'t much development there and my friend just moved onto Old Finch Ave....it was pitch black in that area.

the story goes that some girl was somehow killed near the bridge and, when driving there late at night, you could see her ghost walking.

Urban legend on that one is back in the 50\'s this girl was taken out on her birthday to drink with a bunch of guys. she was raped and killed under the bridge by these guys, and supposedly when you drive by you can hear her screams..

MAZDA Kitten
12-14-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by MazdaTree

Forks of the Credit!!
Old Finch Road
Old Yonge Road

i agree with autoexe forks of the credit is a great place alotho its sometimes dangerous

As well its a nice spot for cops to hang out ;)

idreamofmazda
12-14-2004, 12:19 PM
Well this location is far from the GTA, but if you ever go up north next summer, try the 518 between Parry Sound and Huntsville. This is a lonely road with very little activity, so don’t crash, as you may have a long wait for a tow. The speed limit is 80, but there is no way a car could do that, as there are very sharp continuous curves, and lots of ups and downs bringing your lunch up to your throat. Good place for motorcycles too. You can have fun on this road, but not all corners have warning signs, so you better have good brakes and tires.

AfterBurner
12-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Saphress

Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

Urban legend on that one is back in the 50\'s this girl was taken out on her birthday to drink with a bunch of guys. she was raped and killed under the bridge by these guys, and supposedly when you drive by you can hear her screams..

That area is used for \"other\" things now ;)
Screams of joy if you may.

dredd2099
12-14-2004, 01:59 PM

Forks of the Credit!!
Old Finch Road
Old Yonge Road

2nd that
cept old younge since I\'ve never been there

PlatMS6
12-14-2004, 02:22 PM
forks of the credit!

amit2000
12-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the replies....gonna check out Old Yonge sometime this week.

bluntman
12-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Where is Old Yonge Road?

That\'s an oxy-moron isn\'t it? :D

///M
12-15-2004, 12:19 AM
lol...Old Yonge actually isn\'t that great...it\'s nice and steep and a good place to test your snow tires though. It\'s near Yonge / York Mills.

kyfe
12-15-2004, 02:36 PM
check this

http://www3.sympatico.ca/elhum/roads.htm

lists some great roads to drive on including the forks etc...

-RJ3-
12-16-2004, 08:47 AM
forks!!! forks!!!! forks!!!

dinu01
12-29-2004, 01:07 PM
Let me add:

Military Trail b/w Elesmere (sp?) and Neilson.

Fun but you can easily crash if you\'re not careful and drive too fast!!!

Would be a great rally stage!