PDA

View Full Version : Krown Rust Control

Melenium
12-16-2004, 03:24 AM
Yesterday I went to the Krown Richmondhill location. I made an appointment the day before and so when I got there my car was taken in after about 10 minutes. They fully explained everything and even double checked with me on two items:
1. If it was okay to drill (I mentioned I was hesitant about it). They said they didn\'t have to drill, but that they couldn\'t offer me the lifetime warranty if it wasn\'t done, so I let them make the holes.
2. Trunk floor is covered with sound matting so they asked if I wanted it sprayed or not since spraying it may cause it to loosen. I told them to do what they thought best. Seems they sprayed lightly around it.

Total time was about an hour from the time I gave them the keys until I got them back. They gave me a discount of $10 for the first application, so with tax it was $114.95. My locked in price though is $109.95+tax in the future which does include an underbody spray.

As for car washes, they told me not to get the underbody wash until about just before re-application next year (unless I drive through a mud puddle), so I\'ll save a few bucks each time on that.

Overall they did a neat job and I liked the way I was treated. I think they made about 2 holes in each door, and one or two in each door frame, but they were covered up neatly with plugs. My only beef is that there is a tiny scratch (about 1mm long) where they removed one of the factory plugs, so next time I\'ll be sure to tell them to use plastic tools and to go easy on it. The stuff is oozing out from under the doors, but due to the cold it seems more like cold honey and so hasn\'t really done much dripping so much as just collecting as goo on the rocker panels. There is also a weak smell inside when I have the air on full blast.

They have a lifetime warranty on rust as long as I keep going back each year. To anyone who has purchased or financed their car, I\'d definately recommend these guys. If you\'re leasing and don\'t plan on buying, its not worth it.

MajesticBlueNTO
12-16-2004, 08:13 AM
most lifetime warranties on rust aren\'t worth the paper they\'re written on. they will only do something about it if the rust starts from the inside and has eaten all the way through.

read your fine print as lifetime warranties can vary.

Melenium
12-17-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

most lifetime warranties on rust aren\'t worth the paper they\'re written on. they will only do something about it if the rust starts from the inside and has eaten all the way through.

read your fine print as lifetime warranties can vary.

yup, only covers perforations, but there\'s no time limit unlike the manufacturers warranty. Includes all body panels below the window line, all seams and crevices, all floor/rocker panels.