PDA

View Full Version : Any good Corrosion Free rust-proofer in the GTA?

sip
09-02-2018, 10:46 PM
I found the following Corrosion Free:

Robinson Automotive in Mississauga - $180
Corrosion Free Zone / Popular Car Wash in Etobicoke - $120

A huge difference in price for the same service.

I don't want to do Known or Rustcheck because of dripping, drilling holes and possible degrading in rubber.

If anyone knows a good Corrosion Free rustproofing place, please let me know.

RustyMZ3
09-07-2018, 09:49 AM
Have you checked their website? They have a dealer locator.

Sebi
09-07-2018, 03:11 PM
I use Robinson - and even moved all my service there. For rustproofing, they opened the plastic covers on the bottom of the car, to make sure the cf stuff gets everywhere. It's nice that it does not drip, but there are small "leaks" which are easy to wipe off. Overall I'm happy with them.

herb
09-11-2018, 03:36 PM
I use Robinson - and even moved all my service there. For rustproofing, they opened the plastic covers on the bottom of the car, to make sure the cf stuff gets everywhere. It's nice that it does not drip, but there are small "leaks" which are easy to wipe off. Overall I'm happy with them.

i'm assuming this is an annual application? TIA

RustyMZ3
09-13-2018, 09:43 AM
i'm assuming this is an annual application? TIA

I think it's every 18 months.

unknown
10-08-2018, 12:13 PM
I found the following Corrosion Free:

Robinson Automotive in Mississauga - $180
Corrosion Free Zone / Popular Car Wash in Etobicoke - $120

A huge difference in price for the same service.

I don't want to do Known or Rustcheck because of dripping, drilling holes and possible degrading in rubber.

If anyone knows a good Corrosion Free rustproofing place, please let me know.

I tried a place in markham at the end of august but it might be a bit far for you if you're on the west end.
https://www.ee.ht/rust-proofing
It seemed alright, the corrosion free stuff is clear and doesn't drip but at the same time it's hard to see where it was actually applied unless you look very closely or touch. It seemed to be applied to all the places I expected like door jams and such.

G ~ MINI
12-13-2018, 11:34 AM
I've been using Krown for the last 5 years.
Yes it dripps...its supposed to ...best todo it in a hot month ...better product penetration.
I am not crazy about that drip less stuff or the solid type that stick on ,,, not sure if it flows into all the cracks and nooks and joints
and neutralizes the rust that is present and prevents metal surfaces from oxidizing and rusting.... Krown you have to apply every year
for it to work...