PDA

View Full Version : Mazda3 ranked 3 in total sales

AfterBurner
12-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Got the Globe and Mail at work and the Megawheels section shows the top selling compact cars. The numbers are as follows:

Honda Civic - 52,477
Toyota Corolla - 38,411
Mazda3 - 38,043
Sunfire - 28,627
Echo - 26,865
Cavalier - 25,548
Focus - 24,722

Sales are from Jan 1st to Oct 31.

Mazda3 is soo close to the Corolla.

Here is a snippet of what the article said about the 3:
\"It is so popular, Mazda is selling all it\'s got without slapping on big cash-back incentives or cut-rate financing.\"
:D

zRqTz
12-16-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by AfterBurner
Here is a snippet of what the article said about the 3:
\"It is so popular, Mazda is selling all it\'s got without slapping on big cash-back incentives or cut-rate financing.\"
:D

And that\'s why a lot of the times I wish Mazda3 is not that popular...

black305
12-16-2004, 05:20 PM
It\'s not as popular here as it is in Quebec. When I went to Montreal and Quebec City in the summer, I saw a ton of them on the roads. Can\'t say I mind though cuz they look great!

majic
12-16-2004, 05:35 PM
i heard on the radio that mazda3 was 5th or something.. and 1st car ontarians bought most..

come on.. guess..

yeah... FORD F150 WTF????

Xenon
12-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Note that the list in the first post is the list of top selling compact cars. A Ford F-150 isn\'t a compact car.

majic
12-16-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

Note that the list in the first post is the list of top selling compact cars. A Ford F-150 isn\'t a compact car.

pickle.. potato..

did i say F150 was a compact? no..
did the thread description say it was a compact? no..
did afterburner say it was a compact? YES
did i say F150 was 1st car ontarian\'s bought most? yes.. and that was a grave mistake.. next time i\'ll say automobile or vehicle.. or \'a thingie on wheels\'

man.. i wans\'t disputing afterburner\'s post.. i was merely showing a \'bigger\' picture which encompasess OTHER vehicles on the road.. ie. think OUTSIDE the box..

Saphress
12-16-2004, 11:32 PM
:hoho :hoho BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN:hoho :hoho

swales
12-17-2004, 07:42 AM
The reason the civic is #1 is because of all the discounts you can get on it. A buddy of mine bought a Civic Sir because they gave him $5500 off and 0% financing for 4 years. Honda was scared to death when it lost it\'s #1 spot to Mazda (back in Feb or something) so they slashed all pricing on the civic.

zRqTz
12-17-2004, 08:11 AM
And that was a good move...

AfterBurner
12-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by swales

The reason the civic is #1 is because of all the discounts you can get on it. A buddy of mine bought a Civic Sir because they gave him $5500 off and 0% financing for 4 years. Honda was scared to death when it lost it\'s #1 spot to Mazda (back in Feb or something) so they slashed all pricing on the civic.

Not only that but the civic is built here so getting the civic to dealers is pretty fast. Whereas the 3 is built in Japan and has to be shipped here.:D

majic
12-17-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by AfterBurner

Originally posted by swales

Not only that but the civic is built here so getting the civic to dealers is pretty fast. Whereas the 3 is built in Japan and has to be shipped here.:D

yeah but good things come to those who wait ;) they\'ll just envy our mazdas.. although their pockets will be filled a bit more

civiclad
12-17-2004, 10:35 AM
It is great to see the Mazda 3 among the top-selling cars in Canada. However, Mazda needs to seriously improve their quality control. Honestly, as much as this car is fancier etc than the Corolla/Civic, the bottom line is - Mazda\'s \"Build Quality\" is inferior.

zRqTz
12-17-2004, 10:36 AM
be specific?

majic
12-17-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by civiclad

It is great to see the Mazda 3 among the top-selling cars in Canada. However, Mazda needs to seriously improve their quality control. Honestly, as much as this car is fancier etc than the Corolla/Civic, the bottom line is - Mazda\'s quality is inferior.

how so??? in comparison to the rolla and civic? please explain.. my friend has a 2003 civic and man.. it\'s plasticky and an old school design.. everything is so blocky whereas the mazda3 has sleek lines that don\'t feel cheap at all (esp for a ~25K car)!!

AfterBurner
12-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by zRqTz

be specific?

I think he means build quality as material quality in the Mazda3 is better. Vibrations, rattles, squeaks, and other various noises suggest that clearances and fit and finish can be better.

K Dawg ONE
12-17-2004, 04:04 PM
I agree about the interior of the 7th gen civic, but, in terms of build quality, take a look at my wifes 02 Civic at www.cardomain.com/id/em2girly
Take a look at page 2 and see how she didnt even get hurt in that accident (and she spun around 3 times or so! )