PDA

View Full Version : I love my 3 even more now!! :)

///M
12-17-2004, 03:02 AM
I just arrived in San Francisco today and I got the chance to take my buddy\'s IS300 for a spin. Apart from the power aspect, which no doubt, was nice (but my 3 wasn\'t all that far off, maybe because the IS300 was auto), I can honestly say that the 3 drives a lot better than the IS300. The handling is tighter, the steering feels so much more precise and there is much, much less dead space in the pedals - feels so much more direct. If anything, the IS300\'s pedals (esp brake) feel pretty mushy in comparison. Can\'t wait to drive my 3 again when I get home! :)

FLIPDADY
12-17-2004, 07:29 AM
So what new toys are you pickin\' up while in the west coast?:p

///M
12-17-2004, 01:50 PM
Any suggestions? :hoho

Hypothrml
12-17-2004, 02:06 PM
How about picking up some of the piano black trim kits.

bluntman
12-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Factory Xenon kits, the DVD Nav system, side airbag system, tire pressure monitoring system. :D

Xenon
12-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by autoexe

I just arrived in San Francisco today and I got the chance to take my buddy\'s IS300 for a spin. Apart from the power aspect, which no doubt, was nice (but my 3 wasn\'t all that far off, maybe because the IS300 was auto), I can honestly say that the 3 drives a lot better than the IS300. The handling is tighter, the steering feels so much more precise and there is much, much less dead space in the pedals - feels so much more direct. If anything, the IS300\'s pedals (esp brake) feel pretty mushy in comparison. Can\'t wait to drive my 3 again when I get home! :)

My brother used to have a IS300 SportCross (the hatch). He said that my car handles about the same but the pedals are more responsive in my car.

He also envied me because in the states, the 3 comes with almost all the same features as an IS300 (Nav, Side Airbags, Xenons, 17\" rims) but for 10-15 thousand (USD) cheaper.

TheProfessor
12-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Isn\'t the Lexus so much more luxurious though? I don\'t know cause I\'ve never been in an IS300, but I wouldn\'t put the two cars on par with one another simply because they \"felt\" the same in terms of quickness.

///M
12-18-2004, 02:48 AM
Of course, the Lexus is much more powerful and \"expensive feeling\" with all the neat touches like an ACC and auto trunk opening from the remote...but I do feel that the 3 handles much nicer and feels much more connected to the road.