PDA

View Full Version : whats with the ads?

majic
12-26-2004, 04:36 PM
is it just me or TM3 did upgrade something? some fonts changed and the google ads and some other ad at the bottom appeared.. any idea when (if) we\'re still migrating to a different board?

Melenium
12-26-2004, 05:27 PM
last night it was down for a few hours allowing only mods to log in, so my guess is that there was some midnight upgrading going on. I also notice the new ads, and the font to post replys has changed. Couldn\'t they have installed some more smilies while they were at it too? :p

bluntman
12-26-2004, 07:38 PM
I don\'t know about you guys, but the font that the forum now uses when you\'re composing a reply is waaay to small, much, much smaller than before...I don\'t like it.

majic
12-26-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

I don\'t know about you guys, but the font that the forum now uses when you\'re composing a reply is waaay to small, much, much smaller than before...I don\'t like it.

yeah it is quite small.. just hold ctrl and scroll up and down (with mouse wheel) when using firefox :D and it\'ll get bigger :D

now if u use IE.. well that is your first mistake :p

anwyay.. it would have been nicer for a few new emoticons.. and are the ads there b/c tm3 needs money to run this site? i thought the forum was going on swordfish\'s server.. also Guess does some hosting (work) so he might be able to work something out..

mEtH
12-27-2004, 01:55 AM
Does it really matter if theres ads or not? TM3 probably put those there to get some extra cash, afterall it does have to get paid for.

bluntman
12-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by majic

yeah it is quite small.. just hold ctrl and scroll up and down (with mouse wheel) when using firefox :D and it\'ll get bigger :D

now if u use IE.. well that is your first mistake :p

anwyay.. it would have been nicer for a few new emoticons.. and are the ads there b/c tm3 needs money to run this site? i thought the forum was going on swordfish\'s server.. also Guess does some hosting (work) so he might be able to work something out..

The CTRL / scroll up doesn\'t work when composing only when viewing. :(

Melenium
12-27-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

The CTRL / scroll up doesn\'t work when composing only when viewing. :(

Sure it does with FireFox 1.0 -- it increases all the font sizes :) Don\'t have it yet? www.getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com)

Xenon
12-27-2004, 11:47 PM
in addition, does anyone notice that cookie tracking doesn\'t work anymore?

TM3
12-27-2004, 11:55 PM
Hey everyone.

I don\'t know what the heck happened to the font size on the reply. I\'ll look into that. The forum was down because I was trying to upgrade to a newer release that were suppose to fix some bugs. And adding smilies was suppose to be one of the things fixed, but there were even more problems in upgrading, so I\'m leaving it for the time being. I do plan on adding more smilies once it works properly though.

And yes, the ads are there to generate some extra money that can help cover some costs. I put them somewhere that they wouldn\'t get in the way, so hopefully you people won\'t mind. There are actually some decent sites there.. a lot of Canadian sites that I wouldn\'t normally have come across.

I\'m not sure about the cookies thing.. I didn\'t touch any of that. Let me know if there are any other pressing issues with the forum. Thanks

midnightfxgt
12-28-2004, 03:18 AM
How do the ads work? Is it pay per click? I mean if it is on a \"click basis\" I think we should all click an ad or two a day, just for some \"free\" income to the site ;)

too drunk, must sleep

~JOHN

TM3
12-28-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by midnightfxgt

How do the ads work? Is it pay per click? I mean if it is on a \"click basis\" I think we should all click an ad or two a day, just for some \"free\" income to the site ;)

too drunk, must sleep

~JOHN

I believe most if not all of the google ads are pay per click. The one at the bottom of the forum is not.