PDA

View Full Version : Mazda3s in USA

Xenon
12-30-2004, 09:26 PM
I was able to sneak into a Mazda Dealership in Florida and take some phtos of the Mazda3 US spec. Interestingly enough, they don\'t get carbon grey... they get this nortic green colour instead.

Also there is a picture of the new style rims found on the GX/i models.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/xenons3/DSCF0030a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/xenons3/DSCF0028a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/xenons3/DSCF0026a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/xenons3/DSCF0027a.jpg

I\'m going to see if I can get a US brochure... just so I can compare specs between US and Canadian models.

And for reference, I talked to another Mazda3 Owner here in the states. He says the OEM HIDs are 4300K

///M
12-30-2004, 10:26 PM
Nordic Green is not a new colour. It\'s offered on the Mazda3i in the US.

Xenon
12-30-2004, 10:38 PM
well whatever.. it\'s the first I\'ve seen of it.

idreamofmazda
12-30-2004, 10:40 PM
Do they put the Part Contents Information on the Canadian models? Someone once told me that Canadian law states that imported cars must have a certain percentage of Canadian parts, so I was wondering if this was true, and what percentage?

PS. Must have been a shooting in the parking lot, as there appears to be blood on the ground in the last picture; I watch too much CSI.:)

Xenon
12-30-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by idreamofmazda

Do they put the Part Contents Information on the Canadian models? Someone once told me that Canadian law states that imported cars must have a certain percentage of Canadian parts, so I was wondering if this was true, and what percentage?

PS. Must have been a shooting in the parking lot, as there appears to be blood on the ground in the last picture; I watch too much CSI.:)

Haha... that acutally caught my attention when i was taking the picture... it\'s a rotton, squished grape :sarc

bluntman
12-30-2004, 10:48 PM
Forget that, read what the sign says...

0% US/Canadian content
95% Japanese content

Where\'s the remaining 5% from?

Spyder01
12-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Remaining 5% is the addition from the dealership when the car is delivered...like the 2.3 badge, carpets, etc...

FLIPDADY
12-31-2004, 07:39 AM
Yeah those are the new wheel covers for the base model.

bluntman
12-31-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by autoexe

I believe it\'s exclusive to the 2.0L engine just like RJ\'s Sand Mica.

MAZDA Kitten
12-31-2004, 11:02 AM
hmmmm looks nice and pearly! I would love to see it in the sunlight...

bluntman
12-31-2004, 11:15 AM
http://www.randyblount.com/Maz3sedan/maz3_4NORDICGREEN.jpg

///M
12-31-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

3i = 2.0

Xenon
01-01-2005, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

hmmmm looks nice and pearly! I would love to see it in the sunlight...

Doesn\'t look that great. In a way I\'m kinda glad it\'s not in the Canadian Line up.

Think Ford Taurus Green.

Xenon
01-04-2005, 10:53 PM
I was able to pick up a 2005 Mazda3 US Brochure... Our cars are quite different feature wise...

Here\'s some of the significant differences:

*Indigo Mica = Strato Blue Mica
*Sand Mica = Shimmering Sand Metallic
*Sunset Orange Mica = Lava Orange Mica
*Nordic Green Mica (colour isn\'t available in Canada)
*Carbon Grey is available on Mazda3s Special Edition only (more on that later)
*Sedan has remote trunk release
*ABS is NOT standard on any model. However if you get the ABS package, you also get side impact airbags and side curtain airbags (the latter two are not available in Canada)
*Buying a moonroof also gives you a 6-Disc in-dash CD player (6-Disc is an accessory in Canada)
*Xenon HID and Tire Pressure Monitoring System are an optional package (both features not available in Canada, requires ABS package)
*DVD-based Navigation system (not available in Canada, requires HID package)
*If you are unfortunate enough to buy a Mazda3i in California, Macettusetts (sp?), Maine, New York or Vermont, the 2.0L produces 144 hp instead of 148, due to emission standards.

Accessories not available in Canada (to my knowledge)
*SIRIUS Sattilite Radio is also available on ALL models, straight from the dealer. They say that it is only available in the US, except Alaska and Hawaii. I don\'t know if Canadian dealers can hook up to the Canadian SIRIUS network.
*PhatNoise Audio Car System - \"Listen to the equivilent of 500 CDs on your Mazda\'s stereo system with a PhatNoise 20 GB digital media cartridge and trunk mounted digital media player. Complete with USB Desktop Cradle, software and mounting hardware.
*Remote Starter

and Last but not least:
The US gets a Mazda3 s Special Edition which has \"Unique Carbon Gray exterior color; 17\" alloy wheels (same as GFX rims); Side still extensions (sames as GFX side stills/Sport models); Bose 7 speaker audio system with a powered subwoofer, Equilizer control, in dash 6-CD changer; saddle brown or black leather-trimmed seats; heated front seats, rain-sensing wipers, auto-headlights; A/C pollen filter and LED taillights (s 5-door models only)\"

so. In short the Special edition comes with everything a Canadian Mazda3 Sport GT plus the bose system, woofer, 6-disc, optional brown seats, heated seats (which I know we could use), pollen filtered A/C and LED taillights for hatch models.

I think that about covers it... everything else is the same as Canadian Spec models.

Pricing for a fully loaded Mazda3s 4&5-Door (4 Spd AT) works out to $22,690 USD or approx $27,740 CDN MSRP (freight, tax fees etc not included). Ad $960 to USD price for leather seats.

Dealer did not have pricing on the new Special Edition, but they did say it tacks on about $2000 extra.

Just some info I gathered and I thought you people would be interested :)

Cheers,
Xe/L

Xenon
01-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

Correct. Shimmering Sane Metallic (Sand Mica) and the Nordic Green are 2.0L exclusives (in the US) while Lava Orange is Hatch exclusive and Winning Blue is 2.3L exclusive.

AfterBurner
01-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Xenon

Why aren\'t they available in Canada!:(

Wait a sec. Does remote trunk release mean on the key fob or the lever by the fuel door release.

bluntman
01-05-2005, 11:29 AM

*If you are unfortunate enough to buy a Mazda3i in California, Macettusetts (sp?), Maine, New York or Vermont, the 2.0L produces 144 hp instead of 148, due to emission standards.

So that\'s why the rental car (3i sedan) I picked up in California felt so anaemic.

keving
01-05-2005, 04:27 PM

Is the trunk release on the remote? If so, does anybody think it will be possible to purchase an American Mazda3 (sedan) remote and program (http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=8247) it like this? So for us lucky sedan owners we can have a remote trunk release!

By the way, who watched Canada as they pounded Russia last night?

-Kev

bluntman
01-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by keving

By the way, who watched Canada as they pounded Russia last night?

-Kev

I did. The Russians looked terrible, we just steamrolled right over them.

Xenon
01-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by AfterBurner

Why aren\'t they available in Canada!:(

Wait a sec. Does remote trunk release mean on the key fob or the lever by the fuel door release.

They have a different key fob than we do.

mEtH
01-10-2005, 02:37 AM
When I treked my way to New York I passed by a nasty like green almost teal coloured 3. It was freggin nasty, couldn\'t snap a shot in time.

Xenon
01-10-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by methodyst

When I treked my way to New York I passed by a nasty like green almost teal coloured 3. It was freggin nasty, couldn\'t snap a shot in time.

Ya, that green colour isn\'t the greatest. I wasn\'t too impressed when I saw it. I guess they needed a colour that genieuses would pick.