PDA

View Full Version : Airbag suspension

bluntman
01-11-2005, 09:16 AM
link (http://airbagit-store.com/product.asp?returnURL=default.asp&ID=80581)

K Dawg ONE
01-11-2005, 12:42 PM
AS many of you know, my company also has a show team (TEAM UNDERGROUND)

Hutch, who is our resident mini-trucker, has told me in the past to \'not deal with that company as the use low end pieces. All the truck forums swear against Airbagit..\'

Just a little inside info, though, its still tempting!

///M
01-12-2005, 02:09 AM
I want coilovers...:(

swales
01-13-2005, 08:10 AM
I want coilovers...

Me too :-(

Zaku_4
01-17-2005, 02:38 AM
damn so tempting. air bag suspension is like an all season suspension. lol crazy low when its summer, crazy high when its winter.

///M
01-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Coilover are adjustable too.

In fact, Tein HybridWagon Dampers are remote adjustable - you adjust the ride height via a remote that controls a hydraulic stytem. No need to go under the hood or anything.

Airman Jack
01-18-2005, 08:23 PM
now would something like that remotely adjustable system still give you a performance advantage over the stock suspension?

///M
01-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Yes. The adjustable parts are above the standard coilover system - when you adjust it you move the entire shock and spring assembly up and down.

majic
01-18-2005, 10:59 PM
are the airbags the same/similar to this? (http://qualitysound.bose.com/pg/learning/project_sound/suspension_challenge.jsp)

from the videos and specs this bose suspension looks AWESOME!!!

Airman Jack
01-20-2005, 12:23 AM
I read a review on the Bose suspension in Popular Science. If you\'re looking for a freakishly expensive suspension, you\'ve found it! Though it would be pretty damn cool to be able to have all the advantages of airbags without any of the drawbacks....

Though as I sit here spouting off... what ARE the disadvantages of airbags anyway?

midnightfxgt
01-20-2005, 06:49 PM
Most people will tell you they ride like shit :)

Most ppl I know will tell you that although insane amounts of fun, the car will not ride as good. the guy at the shop who install my audio said it \"felt like a rollercoaster\". the other drawback is the tanks etc that you need to have in car.

~JOHN

Airman Jack
01-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Ok so what about those \"hybridwagon dampers\"? would they improve or worsen the ride from where it is now?

Basically I think what would really sell me on any suspension is one that could easily be raised to the stock height for winter driving, while providing for a lower stance for cruising/track use... or am I looking for a mythical suspension? :D

majic
01-24-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Airman Jack

Basically I think what would really sell me on any suspension is one that could easily be raised to the stock height for winter driving, while providing for a lower stance for cruising/track use... or am I looking for a mythical suspension? :D

coilovers perhaps ? tein ones? (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1540)